Author Topic: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health  (Read 79223 times)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2011, 07:09:23 AM »
So here I am, 4 weeks into maintenance and weighed in this morning right on my goal weight.  I have been eating between 20 & 22 net carbs per day.  As I mentioned previously I had been eating between 10 & 15 net carbs per day so I am just slowly increasing them. 

I am starting into my 2nd week at my new job.  All is going well, but I find that my eating schedule is out of sinc.  I eat breakfast earlier than usual, so I'm starving at lunch and then hungry mid afternoon.  This week I'm going to put off my breakfast until just before I go out the door and hope that helps.  I did take almonds or pecans to eat mid afternoon, but it didn't seem to take care of that feeling.  I'm thinking it was just first week nerves that were bothering me, because I had plenty to eat at breakfast and lunch and shouldn't have felt hungry.

I hope everyone has a great week!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2011, 09:08:06 AM »
You are gonna do great!  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »
So here I am, 4 weeks into maintenance and weighed in this morning right on my goal weight.  I have been eating between 20 & 22 net carbs per day.  As I mentioned previously I had been eating between 10 & 15 net carbs per day so I am just slowly increasing them. 

I am starting into my 2nd week at my new job.  All is going well, but I find that my eating schedule is out of sinc.  I eat breakfast earlier than usual, so I'm starving at lunch and then hungry mid afternoon.  This week I'm going to put off my breakfast until just before I go out the door and hope that helps.  I did take almonds or pecans to eat mid afternoon, but it didn't seem to take care of that feeling.  I'm thinking it was just first week nerves that were bothering me, because I had plenty to eat at breakfast and lunch and shouldn't have felt hungry.

I hope everyone has a great week!!

Depending on your new job responsibilities, amount of stress, etc., you may find the times that you get hungry may change as well.
Once you settle into your new routine, you'll do just fine! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2011, 10:30:45 PM »
You are really doing great ;)

Kudos to you for not allowing the new job to cause you to stress eat.  :D

By the way do you like your new job?

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2011, 02:21:31 PM »
Hi Smom1; congrats on maintaining your goal and good health for a month!
I am hoping to get to the Low Carb Grocery in Markham this weekend and wondered which bars it is that you buy. I remember you recommending them but don't know which brand. Anything else that you can suggest while I'm there? Thanks.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:13 PM »
Yes Mimzy I am liking my new job, I just have to get into the swing of things.

Downeast, check out the Low Carb Grocery website to see the different flavours.  I buy the Doctor's CarbRite Bars, some flavours have as low as 1 net carb per bar other flavours are 2 or 2.5.  I have also bought the Chocolite Bars.  They don't have as much protein as the CarbRite Bars, but taste a little better (it would just depend on if you want the extra protein, or something more like a chocolate bar, although the taste does grow on you for either brand).  I don't eat them often but like to have one in my purse for emergencies.

I also like:  Sensato Hot Cereal (Strawberrilicious or Vanilla/Almond), Joseph Pitas, Bakers Deluxe Superflax Bread(1 net carb per slice), Walden Farms flavoured syrups, Walden Farms Thick & Spicy BBQ Sauce, Beanit Butter, LaTortillas, GG Bran Crispbread, House Foods Shirataki Spaghetti noodles, canned Eden Organic Black Soy Beans, Nature's Hollow Tastes Like Honey, Bella Vita Pasta Sauce, and Xylitol if you haven't found it in your local health food store.  

My sister said the actual store is quite small (just like a little corner store)so ask someone if you don't see what you are looking for.  Their main business must be their online orders. She said it looked like there is a big warehouse behind it so they probably could go and get what you want if you don't see it on the shelf.  Good luck with your shopping trip.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:58:14 PM by ShihTzuMom1 »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »
Fats kick hunger in the butt quickly and will hang with you for a good while, as will heavy protein. Buy a block of really great cheese and leave it at work in the fridge. A good aged Gouda, or Jarlsberg for example. Beef jerky and string cheese in your purse is another great hunger stopper. Better than nuts and zero carb.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2011, 07:10:20 PM »
Actually I did throw some string cheese in my purse Doug and didn't need to eat them today.  I'm sure it wasn't hunger that was bothering me, it was first week jitters.  I did put off my breakfast a little later so I think it helped as well as a cup of hot tea in the afternoon.  So no snacks were needed today, just a well planned lunch. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »
 :) You got this!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2011, 08:48:08 AM »
Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been around lately, my new job keeps me very busy.  I do pop in every now and then to see how everyone is doing.  You have all been in my thoughts and prayers, especially those in the areas with all of the crazy weather lately.  I have enjoyed seeing everyone's tickers moving...good job!!!  

I'm off today so I thought I would let you know how things are going.  I reached my goal weight on March 14th and have been fluctuating a few pounds above and below over the last 2 1/2 months.  My new clothes that are still fitting me well so I must be doing ok.  I have increased my carb count some days to around 30-40 and most days between 15 & 20.  I have found it very easy to continue to eat low carb even with all of the temptations around me at work.  Someone is always bringing in treats, I just haven't found the time yet to make enough of my low carb treats to share with everyone.  

Well I wish everyone continued success and good health!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:53:20 PM by ShihTzuMom1 »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2011, 08:50:36 AM »
Its always a pleasure to see you! You are doing great!! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2011, 04:01:35 PM »
Nice hearing from you again, ShihTzuMom1! :) :) :)

I too wish you continued success and good health!!!
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »
Yay Mouseissue, you are way over your halfway mark, WTG!!!!!!!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
Good to hear from you :) Stay in touch, we miss you!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2011, 09:26:02 AM »
Hello everyone.  Thought I would give you an update on living the FTS lifestyle.  It has now been a year since I started eating this way and over 4 months since I reached my goal weight.  I have found it no problem to continue eating this way.  I still eat everything low carb but do eat things that are higher carb count than I did while I was losing weight.  My husband pretty well eats what I do, even though he doesn't need to lose weight, but has been very supportive of me.  He is constantly complementing me on how I look which really helps with boosting my ego and encourages me to continue with what I have been doing. 

My weight has fluctuated up 5 pounds and back to my goal, but I did give myself a 5 pound buffer when I chose my goal weight.  Even with the 5 pounds on my clothes still fit well.  I have noticed that I have filled out in areas like my arms that looked funny to me at first when I took off the weight.  I think everything is settling where it should be.  Even my neck which was a continuous chin at one time is almost what a "normal" persons neck looks like.  I have mentioned in previous posts that I have been using Bio Oil on my neck, arms, legs, etc. and it seems to have helped with the elasticity in my skin. 

On my last visit with my Dr. he cut back my diabetes meds some more.  I may not ever be totally off them, but just keeping my numbers at a steady good level is a wonderful place to be.  He is very pleased with me and told me to continue with what I have been doing, that low carb seems to work well for me.

Even though I don't comment on posts as much as before, I still watch everyone's progress.  You are all doing so well.  Just stay the course as Doug says and you will get to where you want to be and then continue with a healthy, long life.