Author Topic: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health  (Read 79214 times)

Rena

Re: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
That's so awesome!

I hope you'll stick around here and ...

Enjoy that APPLE!

joagain

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
Congrats Mom1 I hope you come to visit every once in awhile . As for the skin did you run around naked before ? If not no one will know but you (well maybe hubby ) !!

I am so happy for you !

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »
Jo, don't give Katary anything to think about.  It is the saggy arms and a little on my neck (I have been plastering Bio Oil on it every night).  And my derriere (my behind) looks like a Shar Pei puppy.  Tank top, shorts and bathing suit weather is coming up and I plan on looking good in all 3.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  CONGRATUALTIONS ShihTzuMom!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now, you get to learn what you can eat without effecting your weight.
I so look forward to that part of my life's adventure!!! :)
What you do today is what matters!

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2011, 08:09:12 AM »
Hi ShMom1; Glad the hear the shopping adventure was so satisfying. My shopping is all at Value Village these days while still in intermediate sizes.

What is Bio Oil - name brand etc, and where do you buy it? Thanks.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »
okay:) I'll just pretend i didn't read about you running around your neighborhood in your birthday suit:)      ......shhhhhh for those interested its on youtube:) ......anywho......my heartfelt congrats on your accomplishments mom:) you deserve to feel good about yourself!!!!! and i feel good for you!!!!! but i must ask you to reconsider the belly button ring :o they just rock....lol now go live in your skinny jeans and tell the world how awesome you feel   !!!!!!!!!!
       sugarfree of course:)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2011, 09:51:41 AM »

What is Bio Oil - name brand etc, and where do you buy it? Thanks.
Bio Oil:  http://www.bio-oil.com/uses.html It is in a white and orange box and can be found at your local pharmacy or Walmart in Canada & the US.

Thanks for the congrats everyone, I am feeling great and think I even smile more now.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »
Thanks for the congrats everyone, I can't tell you how thrilled I am, but it is a very content feeling.  Just to let you know, I weigh just 6.5 pounds more than I did when I got married in 1978. 

Yesterday I had a great shopping trip with my Mom and my other sister (not Cara) and was so surprised.  The jeans I bought were size 6, the dress I bought was size 8, the jacket I bought was size 10 (only so I could fit a sweater under if need be).  Everything I tried on I started with a larger size and had to go smaller.  That was reward in itself!!

I'm not really sure what to do now, I guess just play it by ear, a little trial and error.  The last 2 days were the first since July that I haven't documented what I have eaten.  I basically know what I can eat and will just continue low carb, with the addition of some fruit I have been missing for starters.  While I love strawberries I am looking forward to a 1/2 a Granny Smith apple.  Maybe I'll dip it in beanit butter or SF peanut butter to have with my lunch.  I don't want to lose any more weight, I am very happy where I am.  I still need to give my skin a chance to catch up with my body.  I'm in my early 50's so my skin isn't quite as elastic as it was in my 30's. 

So I guess this is the real beginning of my every day low carb life.  I am so inspired by Doreen & Katary that they have had no trouble maintaining and I plan on following in their footsteps. 

Now it's time to find your baseline, that point where the scale doesn't rise or drop. To accomplish this start slowly adding back some of those carbs you miss, like the apple. Keep writing in your journal so you can keep track of your daily carb intake. As you start to increase it you'll find the scale will also increase. as soon as the weight starts coming back on cut back and recognize where your body starts to re-gain weight . It might be at 30 carbs, it might be at 40 carbs....you won't know until you go through the exercise. Once you've found your baseline you'll know what you can and cannot do. Be aware that yourbaseline can change depending on the season of the year, your activity level and the types of carbs you eat. Choose foods like lower carb fruits, legumes a few whole grains, maybe a bit of oatmeal.....but BE CAREFUL not to give into cakes, pies, and other refined sugar products or DETOX all over again.

That's so awesome!

I hope you'll stick around here and ...

Enjoy that APPLE!

Don't worry Rena, I'm sure Patti would miss Gary (Katary) too much to disappear, anyway she has many people still to help :)

Of course she is a STAR now, check this out- http://www.fattoskinny.com/Testimonials.htm
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2011, 03:37:48 PM »
Another Star! ;D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2011, 09:44:41 AM »
ShihTzuMom1  I am so proud and excited for you. You have been a huge inspiration here for me and we are all living vicariously through you waiting to hit our goals. Congratulations on loosing it all!!

I love that you're on the testimonial page and your before and after pics are amazing!! You look so much younger!

WAY TO GO, YOU ROCK!!

-Sherri
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2011, 04:30:44 PM »
Thanks again everyone, I'm not used to all of this praise.  

I'm just going to slowly add carbs Doug, starting by bringing myself back up to 20 net carbs per day.  I was eating between 10 & 15.  I never thought I would get excited about eating a half an apple, but boy was it tasty.  I dipped it in my SF Blue Menu Just Peanuts Peanut Butter and thought I had a million dollars.

I made the SF Lemon Meringue Pie from the Bakery Book yesterday for a treat and it was delicious!! Great recipe Umpa, you did good!!!  I gave some of it away to my parents and my in-laws and got rave reviews.

I have some good news!  I have been out of work since May and finally got a job.  Just like Katary, I used my time off wisely and got my weight and health under control.  I now feel like I can take on the world.  I start on Monday so you may not hear from me daily, but I will still be around.

Thanks again everyone for the help and encouragement to get me to where I am today!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:39:27 PM by ShihTzuMom1 »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2011, 05:49:03 PM »
God bless and good luck with your new job, ShihTzuMom1!!!  :) :) :) :)

It's nice to hear that more and more folks are finding work.
Maybe we are finally coming out of this nasty recession after all!... YAY!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2011, 06:58:45 PM »
go gett'em girl rock that new body:) and take the world by storm:)

Rena

« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
Congrats and good luck with the new job!

;D about the apple, too!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2011, 08:02:34 AM »
You got it all together now!  ;) I am so happy for you! The lemon meringue is my dads favorite! I did that recipe for him! :)