Author Topic: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health  (Read 79221 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2010, 06:36:42 PM »
What a way to end the year!!! Congrats!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2010, 10:36:13 AM »
Well I am quite pleased with myself even though I gained 1.5 lbs. this week.  We had 2 large family dinners, Christmas Day & Boxing Day.  I made sure there were lots of low carb choices and had alternatives for all of my favourites.  I know I ate more food than usual but still kept to around 20 net carbs.  I had been eating between 10 & 15 net carbs per day, so I knew I wouldn't lose weight this week.  I have no guilt because I didn't eat anything I shouldn't have and didn't feel like I missed out on anything because of the wonderful alternatives that were there.

Umpa, the "Carrot" Cake was amazing!!  My sister (not Cara) said it is way better than the carrot cake she usually gets at a gluten free bakery near her house.  And Jo, I made dressing using your "cornbread" recipe and it turned out great!  My niece who is unable to eat gluten was so thrilled to have dressing made with a bread substance.  I broke up the "bread" pieces and added onions and celery sauteed in butter and tossed with poultry seasoning, summer savory, sage, pepper and chicken stock.  Baked uncovered in the oven and it was great!

Beebs, again, your turnip casserole went over well! 

So our 2 big dinners are over with, and just New Year's Eve to deal with, but that should be fine.  I haven't even had any alcohol for months, so it's just paying attention to what I am eating.    So I am not upset with the weight gain as I am sure in past years I gained WAY more than 1.5 lbs. so I am fine with that and will get back to eating less net carbs per day like I had been.

Have a great week everyone.  Remember, New year, new you!!

joagain

« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »
Shihtzumom1 I am glad you were a good girl ! I was not I went over the carbs by about 10 for the whole day but it was bad carbs not good carbs but its done so  all I can do is move on . I am glad your dinner went well (and you were able to use my cornbread ) .
 I know that I think differently then before I found FTS because once I ate something I was not suppose too I would have said oh well I will start the first of the year ,so for that I am thankful that I just got right back on the FTS horse .

I hope you and your family have a Happy New year !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2010, 10:04:51 AM »
I am so glad you liked it!Your the first person I got feedback from on that recipe.Today is german chocolate cake recipe day! ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2010, 08:33:56 AM »
I'll give you some more feedback on the carrot cake honey,

IT WAS DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2010, 09:11:40 AM »
When will the bakery book be available?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2010, 08:31:19 AM »
I'm pretty confident I'll be releasing it by the end of January as a download. It's a wonderful book!  ;D

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »
Well I have lost 1/2 lb. this week, but I have been up and down with these same 4 pounds since November 29th.  I should add that my average weekly weight does go down, so I know that I am doing ok. 

I have rejoined the gym last week since not being there since early fall.  It was a balmy 12°F this morning, just a bit too cold for me to get out for a walk, so exercising at the gym it is.  Hopefully the added exercise helps shake things up so I can get the last of my weight off.  Inches have been coming off and my clothes fit quite differently than they did before.  I am now into a size 8 pants and wearing medium tops and feeling good inside and out.  

I hope everyone has a great week!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:15:02 PM by Shihtzumom1 »

owensmath

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »
Size 8? That is amazing! I can only dream about a size 8. You're doing such a great job! What an inspiration. Keep the good news coming.

joagain

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2011, 03:48:43 PM »
Congrats Shihtzumom1 that size 8 must feel wonderful !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2011, 09:00:57 AM »
You Go Girl! :)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2011, 11:20:11 AM »
Thank you everyone.  Yes, a size 8 does feel wonderful.  I never thought this was possible, but FTS has been so easy, especially with all of the support from the forum, that it has happened for me.  The recipes are great and I just love that there is a substitute for almost everything.  So Owensmath, go ahead and dream because it will be a reality for you before you know it!

owensmath

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »
poopzumom, how tall are you? Just wondering if size 8 is even a possibility for me....I think I was bigger than that in elementary school!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »
poopzumom, how tall are you? Just wondering if size 8 is even a possibility for me....I think I was bigger than that in elementary school!
I am 5'4".  I thought I would be happy with a size 10 (although I didn't think I would reach that), but the size 8 snuck up on me.  I still don't look like an 18 year old, but don't expect to either.  I have gone back to the gym to try and tighten up a little.  Twice in the last 2 days I received compliments from people that have not seen me for quite a long time.  One of them told me that I had lost 1/2 of me.  The funny thing is I had on a big fluffy coat and no one feels thin in a winter coat, but she still made that comment.  I was amazed, but then again, my winter coat is a size medium, so I just smiled and said thank you. 

Oh and Owensmath, I just love that swear checker!

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2011, 01:37:48 PM »
its feels soooo good !!!!! :) doesnt it #2maternalone....LOL great job!!!