Author Topic: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health  (Read 79215 times)

joagain

Re: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2010, 02:34:07 PM »
I am clapping for you Shihtzumom1 ,way to go

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2010, 06:38:53 PM »
You Go Girl!!! :)

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »
WTG!!!! ((High Five's))
Jeremiah 29:11-14

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2010, 05:37:09 PM »
Wonderful news! You're on the home stretch. Good thing we don't have the temptations of Thanksgiving dinner coming up soon.

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2010, 08:38:06 PM »
Awesome ;D

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2010, 08:11:00 AM »
Not a good week as far as weight loss.  I gained 1 1/2 pounds but think it is because I ate too much cheese and processed meat on the weekend.  I tend to retain water if I eat too many salty things.  I know all the right things to tell myself to just get on with it, but it still is hard to accept.

joagain

« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2010, 08:15:19 AM »
We all feel the same way dont we ? :( :(

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2010, 08:37:46 AM »
BUT....what's not hard to accept is the simple fact that you now have the power of truth behind you. You know why you get fat and why you lose weight. Your journey towards a thinner healthier you is well under way and you'll never go back. Remember, there is no finish line, you're life style change is forever :) A little weight fluctuation here and there is no big deal. Don't let it scare or depress you, just stay the course, enjoy your foods and smile every day knowing how great you look compared to last year.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2010, 09:18:23 AM »
Schihtzumom its no more than a flucuation. As women our weight flucuates daily.If you are doing the right thing you will be fine ;)

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2010, 05:54:00 PM »
Not to worry, Shihtzumom. 10 pounds from now this little blip on the radar will be neither here nor there. You know the way, and it will lead you straight to your goal.  BTW I found the Stock & Barrel unsalted, roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds at a larger PC store. Great stuff.  I've adjusted a cracker recipe to include them and I'm finding the crackers much more pleasant for daily lunch than the OneMinute muffin. Roasted seeds seem to have less carbs than raw, thanks for the shopping tip.

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »
Look at your ticker!! Wow, you are making amazing progress, so close to your goal now. Just in time to deal with all those Christmas temptations  ;)  Your success is an inspiration, congratulations.  BTW, I sent a message to your FTS inbox.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2010, 02:17:53 PM »
Thanks for the compliments Downeast.  You also are doing great.  I get inspired by all of the forum members.  I just love to see everyone's tickers moving down (whether fast or slow).  I feel pretty confident going into the Christmas season.  I just plan before I do anything and try to think ahead what may come up so I can be prepared.  I wish you continued success. 

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2010, 09:30:55 AM »
Well I had my Drs. appt. yesterday and he was very pleased with me.  He cut back on my Diabetic meds and my Blood Pressure meds.  My fasting blood sugar on Dec. 14th (the day I went for blood work) was 4.8 and my A1C was 5.2.  At my appt. yesterday my blood pressure was 96/68.  So that part was great.  My cholesterol has come down a little but is still higher than he would like it to be so he put me on the lowest dose med to bring it down.  So I guess I have to adjust eating high cholesterol things as well.  I was hoping to get away from meds but I guess that's not in the cards right now.  All in all a good visit to the Drs.  It is nice to go in feeling confident and knowing he will be happy with my progress.  He told me to keep up with what I am doing.  

I have adjusted my ticker to show my total weight loss.  It shows a loss of 53.5 lbs. which 36.5 pounds of that has been since mid July when I started FTS.  I only have 4.5 pounds to go.  I put this weight on over a 20 year period and it has taken me almost 11 years to take it off.  I have mentioned in other posts that there is about 20 lbs. in the middle of that weight loss that I have put off and on a number of times.  I still can't believe how simple FTS has been and not torture like other programs.  I don't feel like I am missing out on anything and am really enjoying feeling much better.

Well, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone.  I am confident that we can all stick with it over the holidays.  
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:35:01 PM by Doug Varrieur »

joagain

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2010, 10:09:38 AM »
Out came the Pom Poms again Shihtzumom1

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2010, 09:13:33 AM »
I am so happy for you! Being in control of your life/health is a very empowering thing! ;D