Author Topic: New to post  (Read 5968 times)

Ocean Blue

New to post
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »
I want to thank Doug for gettting me started on the forum. I have read just about everything and there is so much insightful information offered. I also read the book and am very encouraged. I started changing what I ate on Saturday and have already lost weight. When I read the posts and see people so successful that started right where I am now,  it is very hopeful. The recipe section is wonderful. Thanks again!

Ocean Blue

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: New to post
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 03:08:56 PM »
Welcome on board :) you have an intriguing story that stemmed from Lyme disease, can you share it with us?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 03:30:15 PM »
Welcome Oceanblue! I am dougs wife umpa if I can help you please ask i have a section on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly if i can help please ask. :)

Ocean Blue

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 06:59:05 PM »
Yes Doug, I rarely tell it but would be happy to share my challenging tale if it will help someone else. I live in Lyme. Ground zero for lyme disease. I couldn't find you ten people here that haven't had this horrible disease. My brother and I and numerous friends have lost our dogs to this. If you catch it in time and get the antibiotic you have a chance. However, like me, when undetected, it is a nightmare. In 1996 I was bitten by a tick. I was a normal weight then and a busy mom. As the years went on I started to have things happen that weren't just right, I didn't feel well, but pressed on. In 1999 I was bitten again and my knee swelled so much I had to see a surgeon, he said it was lyme disease. I was given antibiotic and life went on. Later that year I blacked out 3 times driving and finally had to stop. I began to have horrific episodes of anxiety also, panic attacks and unrelenting hypoglycemia. In 2000 I finally found a Dr. after seeing many, that did an expanded Western Blot blood test on me and it was determined that I had Lyme, Babesia, Ehrlicchiosis, and 12 other strains of tick borne illness. That particular Dr. put me on a high dose of antibiotic that would kill anything. I took it for 2 years. I also was referred to a naturopath that could simultaneously treat me. By now my joints were swelling, I spent a lot of time in bed and only did the chores I had to. I started to have food allergies and was given a limited diet. And with the antibiotic, my stomach wasn't always so good. I assume my immune system was out of balance in a big way. I lived on sardines, turkey and wasa. And I continually lost weight. I lost so much it was scary and we didn't know if was going to make it. (Now I realize why.) As I got better, thank God, I started to gain weight. I couldn't exercise because of my adrenals being shot and I was happy at first but then my system went out of control and over the next 5 years I have put on all this weight. Nothing I did helped. My Dr. said it is toxic weight and until I heal I will have it. I have listened to this for too many years now. I started searching..... and  here I am and so far so good. Last night as I tried to fall asleep I was going through everyone in my head....let's see Katary lost 74, Doug lost 99, Umpa has lost it all, Beebs 42....all the friends on the forum's numbers....it will work for me also. I still have good and bad days, and very appreciative for the good ones. If I could tell anyone about lyme disease, get an expanded Western Blot. The ticks mate and there are lots of strains now, a normal lyme test doesn't show what is really going on. You also need two cycles of antibiotic to kill the eggs they have laid in your system. Most Dr.s are still reluctant to prescribe this. So Doug, that is my story, luckier than most, I'm still typing!

Umpa, thank you for the offer. Your recipes are wonderful.

founditatlast

• Glad this is a way of life not a diet!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - giftsbydlynn
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - founditatlast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 09:28:23 PM »
What an awful disease!  How can you protect your children?  This lifestyle will get the weight off, Oceanblue, It is so much healthier than the mega-sugar and hidden sugar eating most of us were used to.  Bless you for sharing your story.
Diane (founditatlast, minus 24 and counting)

toddy44

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »
Ocean Blue, thank you for sharing your story.  How hard it must be for you, my heart goes out to you.
I'm just starting out and you will find this forum so helpful.  Everyone is so helpful, they listen, they contribute and they encourage.  You have a family here, that's for sure.
Good luck in your new journey,
Linda

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »
geez i dont know what to say....that is just way too much for one person to endure:( ocean for you i pray that from this point on, your life only gets better, as mine has for me since April 12Th,the day i became a soldier against sugar and obesity:) i tell everyone that will listen about how my life has done nothing but improved since that day:) but in order to be successful we must fight the good fight!!!!! & keep our guard up for moments of temptation/weakness,its definitely become a way of life,when people call it a "diet" it really pisses me off and i keep stressing its not a diet>>> but a life changer:)

************GO GETTUM :) *********************
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 10:36:06 PM by katary »

Ocean Blue

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 06:41:16 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words. You know, we all seem to get some kind of challenge to bear in life, this one just happens to be mine. You have hope and faith and you manage. Congratulations to all your successes! Diane, there are a lot of kids in this area with Lyme. One of my daughter's friends has a story that would break your heart. The best thing is to be aware and get an early diagnosis. The worse ticks are the size of the head of a pin. Even when vigilant, you don't often see them until it is too late. Linda, I see what you mean, the forum is a wonderful place. Katary, you don't have to say anything.....I have enjoyed all your videos and posts. I watched the vacation video 3X wishing I was there. Any water is my favorite place to be! Your success, like Doug and so many others is an extreme motivator. And I promise I won't ever call this a diet!

OceanBlue

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 02:54:12 PM »
Oceanblue where is Lyme??

Ocean Blue

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »
Connecticut

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story oceanblue.  Ticks are so scary and everyone needs to be reminded how important it is to check yourself for them diligently.  Never new there was and actual town of Lyme.  Welcome to the greatest forum ever!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 07:34:12 PM »
Welcome and Lord bless you sis!  I am excited for you and the healthy skinny life you will now enjoy !! \:D/ ~~ Cyndi

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 05:17:30 AM »
Guess I need to start spellchecking my posts. Yikes!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2