Poll

Should #86 win a book

yes
5 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 26, 2010, 05:33:53 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #86 (late entry)  (Read 2962 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #86 (late entry)
« on: July 21, 2010, 05:33:53 PM »
I am a 45 year old married mother of three weighing in at 262 lbs.  Diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and on long term disability due to a severe back problem that affects my hips and knees.  Constantly in pain my quality of life is not good and I am very unhappy because I can't do things with my children and grandchildren like I did 5 years ago.  I have great difficulty walking around and taking care of my home.  I would love and need to lose at least 82 lbs in order to become healthier, reduce the pain, get off alot of the prescription drugs and be able to physically move around and improve my quality of life.   

A 3rd generation diabetic with one child who I worry about her following in my footsteps,  I want to show her a different way of life!  To lead her by example and help her not to face a life like her great-grandparents, grandparents and now her Mom has.  I want her to be able to chose the right foods and to be active and to hopefully avoid that Type II Diabetes diagnosis.  So you see not only do I need to lose weight for myself  but I very much need to show my child by example what she needs to be doing to lead a very different life.  I want to be able to be active as much as I can with my disability, for her.  I also want to enjoy my grandchildren and to be able to be a big part of their life.

I don't want to feel useless with no point to my life.  I am far too young to feel that way, with too many people and things in my life that need my attention for me to not be available for them.  I need help to make the move towards eating properly and taking the weight off.  Then learn a safe way to become active taking my back issues into consideration.  I want to look in the mirror and be comfortable with what I see.  Until then - I await a time when I can look forward to the beginning of a new me and new way of life! Thanks!  Susan
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)