Author Topic: Do You Need Help?  (Read 14132 times)

joagain

Re: Do You Need Help?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 05:16:56 AM »
YES YOU CAN TAMMY ! ;D ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 07:20:42 AM »
Sometimes old habits die hard Tammy, I'm sad you feel bad but at the same time glad you recognize the difference in how you feel when you eat FTS and when you don't. You'll be OK, just jump back on the horse and start again :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SuzyQ45

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 08:16:19 AM »
I can so relate to this topic.  I have been goofing around for about two years trying to find my secret.  I came across Doug's book last year, read it, believed what he said, yet did not commit fully.  It was always something, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, too many birthdays in January, Super Bowl.  I decided to re-read the book and visit the forum as often as possible.  The support here is wonderful and it makes you feel like you are not alone on this journey to weight loss and better health.
For myself I believe I have a serious problem with sugar.  I could eat four pieces of toast, a huge bowl of cereal and still be thinking I could use some more.  The entire day was spent in a haze of what is next to eat.  I have found since I fully commited to this lifestyle, that has all changed.  I can control myself.  I can go hours withouth thinking about food.  It is so freeing. 
Over the weekend I did have a situation, though, where I made sugar-free jello.  I made a box and had four dishes filled for four days.  I ate the first one, then the second, then the third, then the fourth.  I could not stop.  I felt aggitated, irritable, hungry after that.  I decided for now jello is off my list.  I must need more time to get used to this lifestyle.  It seemed like the sweetness just make me want more, more, more so for now I am staying away from sugar-free. 
I think there are good days and bad for all of us here.  It is nice to see we are not alone in our success or in our slip-ups.  It is so important to give yourself another chance.  Doug is so right about listening to your body.  That bad day you had could have been caused by being tired, not eating enough, many things.  Tomorrow is a new day.   
Even though I am commited, every day brings challenges.  Yesterday five boxes of Girl Scout cookies were delivered to my desk.  I sat there staring at the bag.  I started to sweat.  I was so tempted.  So tempted.  I really tried to focus on how much better I felt, how I did not have the constant hunger all the time with my new way of eating.  I decided that I needed to do something so I got up, took the bag, and gave every box away.  I could not stand them talking to me saying "Just one won't hurt."  They are gone, but it was hard.  Today I am ridiculously proud of myself for not even opening one box to sniff them LOL
So it is off for another day, another set of challenges for us all.  I will be thinking about all of you and wishing you your best day.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 08:52:28 AM »
Girl Scouts are Evil!  :o    ;) Well done Suzy
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

owensmath

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2011, 09:28:51 AM »
Suzy, what helps me is this. Think about how you will feel when you go through the headaches again! YUCK! Also, picture those 5 boxes of cookies as 5 boxes of nasty white sugar (a.k.a. POISON!).... it's not as tempting when you see it that way. Also, think about this: you can have stuff that tastes so much better anyway. Why waste your carbs on junk? Do you have the FTS Bakery Book? That stuff is so much better tasting (and health-wise) than the other stuff that poisons us.

SuzyQ45

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »
I do not have the bakery book yet.  I have all the books except that one.  I am going to get it, but with my jello situation, eating the whole box in one sitting, I am kind of afraid that I will eat the whole cake or pie.  I need to learn some control with the sugar-free LOL.  That is a good idea to think of the bad carbs as nasty white sugar, poison.  Thank you for your help.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »
I do not have the bakery book yet.  I have all the books except that one.  I am going to get it, but with my jello situation, eating the whole box in one sitting, I am kind of afraid that I will eat the whole cake or pie.  I need to learn some control with the sugar-free LOL.  That is a good idea to think of the bad carbs as nasty white sugar, poison.  Thank you for your help.

If you can withstand boxes of Girl Scout cookies on your desk, you can do anything!!!

Way to go Suzy!!  ;D ;D
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Rena

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 06:55:06 PM »
Good luck Suzy!

Countrygirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 08:12:30 PM »
Is there a certain detox to go through or can I just do the eating low carb diet and that is it?

And Doug I think it is about time for my free book. I want the low carb cookbook.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 08:52:37 AM »
This is a lifestyle change.Stock your kitchen and don't look back! ;)

joagain

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 08:58:02 AM »
Countrygirl you may have a little detox my detox was over about 5-7 days , I think my 3rd day was the worse had a terrible headache . I think that it probably is based on how bad you addiction was/is to how bad the detox is . My experince anyway cravings were gone after about a week  maybe 2