Author Topic: Do You Need Help?  (Read 14170 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Do You Need Help?
« on: March 01, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
If you need help this is the place to find it. This is wher you can laugh and cry but never give up. Everyone who enters this board is here for one thing...to help each other. Go ahead, don't be scared...you won't be judged, you'll recieve help with tender loving care. And I know you'll do the same for others  :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:42:08 PM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
Re: Do You Need Help?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
Ive noticed since starting that I feel shaky sometimes even when my blood sugar is at a normal level. I was wondering if that might be from sugar withdrawal?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »
Oh Yeah.... I remember waking up in the middle of the night and feeling like I was crawling out of my skin! Had to get up, go outside and take a walk. It'll pass though, usually 2 to 3 weeks and you'll never experience it again as long as you stay off sugar. It's good you keep an eye on your sugar levels.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »
I usually check my sugar 10-12 times a day.  Especially if Im going to be driving or more active than usual.

dtropicalbird

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:22:29 PM »
Is there anyone out there that can grab me through this computer and jerk me back in this book with the weight lose.  I lost 85 pounds 4 years ago and kept it off 1 year and then after that first year I started gaining it back.  So the next year I gain 3/4's of my weight back and then last year I spent doing every little trick under the sun to lose weight with out really trying to be on a diet lol.  Like you all know there is nothing that can make you skinny unless you get this book and eat right and get up off of your butt and move.  just as I got done saying all of this now I am asking for HELP to give me some encouragement I have fallen out of the book and need someone to help me back in it.  PLEASE HELP

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 07:47:47 PM »
Here's the same comment I left you on your other post;

Don't worry my friend, you've taken the first step by joining this forum. The members here will hold your hand AND kick your butt. Your job is to get back the "want to" then re-read FAT TO SKINNY and get serious about the program.

Now tell us...what are you going to do?   Are you in or are you out?

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 06:45:23 PM »
I feel like I failed today.  Not to happy with myself.  I've been so hungry all day long.  I don't understand it, just want to eat and eat.  I had four three inch packaged pretzels and went to KFC.  I got the Double Down grilled chicken sandwich.  I couldn't find the carbs count in it but I know I shouldn't have gotten it.  So I ate that along with my packed lunch (salad with salmon cup).  Ate some cerery with cream cheese, berries and 1/2 cup of oatmeal.  (found the pack of oatmeal in my desk)  I believe that's all but just doesn't sound good.  Not feeling good at all with myself.  It's too soon to feel this way.  Maybe I souldn't eat dinner. 

[/url]

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:49:43 PM »
I don't think the double KFC grilled "sandwich" is too bad. You can look up the carbs here and see that it has only 3 grams of carbs!   http://www.kfc.com/nutrition/pdf/kfc_nutrition.pdf

Don't get discouraged. Tomorrow is a new day!  Dust yourself off and cut yourself some slack for being human. We all have our days when we face temptation.

You can still do this!! I know you can do it.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 07:33:56 PM »
You did fail today but that's OK, it's done and behind you, no spankings tonight  ;) Now suck it up and begin again tomorrow. If you allowed yourself to get that hungry you need to make some adjustments to when you eat and what you eat. Remember what I said in the book, it's very important to get in touch with your body so you know when you'll most likely become hungry. You'll be surprised at how regimented you probally are. This way you can catch it ahead of time by eating some protein in advance. The protein takes 15-20 minutes to metabolize and create a satisfied feeling. This will protect you from getting ravenous and grabbing everything including small children and the family pet to eat  :o  Pick your protein, have it available and enjoy it. You would have been OK if you left out the pretzels the 1/2 cup of oatmeal and the bread on the KFC sandwich. Everything else was OK.

PS- enjoy your dinner, just make it low sugar!  We're all proud of you :) Don't fret the small stuff.

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 07:49:15 PM »
Doug, I tried at KFC.  No bread.  The Double Down Grilled (not the fried one) is two grilled chicken with bacon and cheese in the middle.  The chicken sort acts as the bread.  That's way I picked it instead of the fried stuff with bread. 

[/url]

owensmath

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 07:52:45 PM »
In my opinion, you did great at KFC. When I go there, I get the grilled chicken or the grilled double down (two small grilled breasts with cheese and bacon between them) and green beans as a side. You do have to watch the sugar in the bacon, though. That is such a sneaky little thing they do. It's cured in salt and SUGAR!!! YIKES! POISON...run run run.... lol
To all the ladies out there....YES, MEN, PLUG YOUR EARS for a moment ......do you notice an increase in your appetite before your monthly cycle comes 'round? I could have eaten my kids, like Doug mentioned in his previous entry.

Ok, guys...all clear.... lol....

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 07:57:45 PM »
Thanks owensmath for the link.  I guess it really wasn't as awful as I thought.  Should not have eaten the pretzels and oatmeal, like Doug said.  Tomorrow is new and I'll have some protein only tonight.  Better do it soon, it's already going on 8:00.  But it's so hard to leave here and reading. 

(Owenmath, shh, on the downside of the change, it might be ... I don't know)

[/url]

owensmath

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »
Cathy, I have two windows up on my computer right now! I can't stop .... I'm addicted, too! lol

I am on facebook and the reader's forum. But, on facebook, I'm telling everyone about this forum! tee hee 

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2010, 08:06:34 PM »
I'm on facebook here to and emailed Doug.  He directed me here.  I'm so happy he did. 

[/url]

loser48

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 02:59:21 AM »
ur link=topic=7.msg1945#msg1945 date=1274139236]
Don't worry my friend, you've taken the first step by joining this forum. The members here will hold your hand AND kick your butt. Your job is to get back the "want to" then re-read FAT TO SKINNY and get serious about the program.

Now tell us...what are you going to do?   Are you in or ar out?
e you

Hi Everyone ~ well... my first week has been rough going. Got back into my old eating habits and felt really sick to my stomach. Should have listened to my body telling me to stop what you're doing... cause it's not working anymore. Red lights flashing... but thankgoodness tomorrow is a new day and I don't want to lie to myself. But to be mindful of what I'm eating and putting into my mouth. The past is gone... tomorrow will be better and my future is hopeful. Thanks for listening. I can do this!!!

Blessings
Tammy  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 03:01:43 AM by loser48 »