Author Topic: SweetMama's Low Sugar Livin' Journal  (Read 5180 times)

SweetMama

• View Profile
SweetMama's Low Sugar Livin' Journal
« on: July 10, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »
Hi everyone, . 

I'm new to the plan, today is my third day.  I thought it would be a great idea to have a single thread to post all of my thoughts, successes, struggles and whatever else.  I'm a 38 year old wife and mom to 2 awesome little boys, ages 5 and 9.  I've had a weight problem most all my life, and have been on most diets known to woman.  I'm always on one thing or another.  I've lost 20-50 pounds and gained it all back plus some through the years. 

In April of this year, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.  This diagnosis came after months of being unnaturally thirsty, jittery and nauseous all the time, and suffering with unbelievable fatigue.  After finding out what my problem was, I knew that I needed to do something about it, other than taking the metformin my doctor prescribed.  But I kept eating all the things that got me to this point.  I guess I've been in denial, I didn't want to believe that I had this disease.  Well, after finding out, my fasting numbers were usually between 130 and 140.  The worse I ate, the worse that fasting number became.  The morning before I began this plan, it was 168.  So I said no more, this has to stop, or my children will be without a mom. 

I was thinking about doing the Atkins diet because I had had the most success on it than any other diet.  I remembered feeling terribly deprived on that diet, and dreaded doing it again, until I came across a post on another low carb forum about Fat to Skinny.  I immediately googled  it and downloaded the ebook.  The very next day, I started the plan.   I've been so satisfied at every meal, I'm never hungry, and the insane urge to binge that I constantly had  seems to be under control.  I'm very excited about this plan and I think I've just found the thing that will free me from Type 2 and this prison of fat!
...SweetMama

SweetMama

• View Profile
Re: SweetMama's Low Sugar Livin' Journal
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »
So my starting day was 7/8/10, and I weighed in at 270.5.  The second day, weight was 267.5 and today it was 263.4!  So I know this thing is working.  I'm going to try to discipline myself enough to not weigh again until my 1-week mark.
...SweetMama

SweetMama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:39:49 PM »
This is my 4th day on plan and going strong.  I slept in a little late, which is so unlike me.  I get up on the weekends at about the same time during the work week and if I sleep any later than that, I feel as though I am sleeping the day away.  Guess I needed the rest.  Went grocery shopping and this is what I got:

chicken breasts
chicken tenders
pork chops
hamburger
sausage
bacon
tuna
heavy cream
cheese
cucumbers
lettuce
turnip greens
eggs

To help make throwing meals together for the next week easy and quick, I've cooked up 5 lbs of ground hamburger, 1 lb bacon, 1 dozen hard boiled eggs and a pack of pork chops.  I'm ready!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:35:05 PM by SweetMama »
...SweetMama

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »
You go girl!  :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:12:51 PM »
can you come to my house? I barely have time to potty let alone cook. Besides I require adult supervision...... ???

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 04:57:54 PM »
Doing good sweetmama!

SweetMama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 10:06:21 PM »
Thanks guys! This is my fifth day, and I have to tell you that this is the longest I have lasted on any plan for a very long time.  Seriously!  Up til now, I'd do something for a day, maybe two at the most, then the hunger or boredom would do me in. I'm really enjoying this and thinking of the things I can have, rather all that I cannot.  It also helps that everything tastes so decadent and forbidden!

Beebs - LOL .. I rarely have time for such things either, but I've promised myself to make the effort. I love to cook, but DH and kids bug me so much while I'm doing it, it's a wonder I can put out anything edible. 
...SweetMama

SweetMama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
Today has been a good day (despite DH having a bug up his rear). I haven't had any sugar cravings whatsoever.  That's sorta weird to me because I clearly remember craving sweet so much on Atkins by this time.  Here is today's menu, ate everything planned and nothing more:

Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled in 1/2 Tbsp butter with 4 slices bacon

Lunch - 1 pork chop and 1 cup turnip greens with diet cherry pepsi

Snack - 1 Claussen pickle halve (I really need to lay off of these, but it's TOM and I want salt)

Dinner - 1 pork chop and salad of lettuce, cucumbers and ranch with diet 7-Up

Totals - 26gm carbs - 10gm fiber = 16 net carbs

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
...SweetMama

SweetMama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 10:03:54 PM »
I'm settling down to bed and wanted to take a moment to post. I am officially at the 1 week mark! I was afraid to weigh since its my TOM. I stood above the scale this morning obsessing a bit. What if I didn't lose anymore? Or worse what if the scale showed no loss at all? I know this is not a race and I'm making this a lifestyle but I know myself and if the numbers confirmed the worst, I would likely binge and have an even harder time getting back on the plan. So I didn't weigh. Choosing instead to wait another week.

I also felt a little headachy. And for the first time since starting, I began craving my old favorites. The chips, chocolate, ice cream, everything that got me to this point in my life. I did not give in though. Instead, I bought a bag of pork rinds. Blech! They weren't all that good, dry and very bland. But a few of them took care of that chip craving.

Well, I'm off to bed now. Goodnite all.
...SweetMama

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 08:50:54 AM »
Try peanuts. they are high in fiber and good for that crunchy want.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 09:27:02 AM »
I'm certain the married men and the woman completely understand what you went through....and are going through. We are all rooting for you so your support team from above is holding steady, lean on our strengh when needed. In the meantime go get yourself a package of sugar free chocolate and have a piece a day for the next 3 days.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)