Author Topic: Skin care?  (Read 18136 times)

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
Re: Skin care?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 03:14:47 PM »
A trick thats been passed down through generations in my family is simple one and my mom has amazing skin at 55 barely any wrinkles or skin problems ... same with me ... I recently stopped doing it and I ended up getting acne for first time in my life ... now that Ive resumed my skin is back to being flawless

simple and cheap ...

cut a slice of lemon and rub it all over face and let dry on skin over night

lemons act as astringent, exfoliant, toner, skin brightener, antibacterial agent, vitamin supplement, will curb any break outs (good for those suffering hormonal acne)

I also use it as a makeup primer ... I rub it on face let dry and pick off any stray lemon pieces and my makeup goes on even.

In winter if my skin gets a bit dry (i find my nose and forehead tend to) then I dont run lemon on there instead i sleep with some olive oil on those areas.

Anyway its a cheap solution ... actually works ... give it a week or so ... you'll notice improvement :)

Let me know how it works out for you

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 08:57:52 AM »
Welcome nikiniki9doors!You gotta explain the name! :DYou are from Ney York right? I am umpa,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.I love your moms tips! Keep them coming! I am a big believer in homeopathic remedies.

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2010, 12:41:52 PM »
lol well my name is Nikita but most friends call me niki or nik ... and ther are loads of those around so a friend started calling me nikiniki9doors bc I like to joke around loads ... it actually is a knick knocking thing .... where kids go and run up knock on door then hide lol

Im actually from Ontario Canada ... although Ive spent loads of time in NYC which I love!! Cant wait to go shopping with my new body when I go back!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 09:22:43 AM »
I  Love NYC! I bought 12 pairs of shoes last time I was there! The owner of the store thought I was so cute she gave them to me at like $9.99 a pair!  :D

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »
I LOVE shoes!!!  I'm going to shop with you Umpa if you get shoes for $9.99!!!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »
Me too!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2010, 09:03:36 AM »
Anytime ladies!!! ;D

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »
wow umpa, cuteness really does pay :D I'm a weird woman, I HATE shoes.  Love bare feet!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

melissa5locks

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
I am not a makeup wearer so, wrinkles and lines show the minute they arrive on my face.  There is nothing worse than your teenage daughters telling you how much older you look than their friend's mothers.  So when a friend told me to try Made From Earth's Olive Night Cream, I was interested. 

She bought me a jar online.  How could I not use it?  OMG.  It really works.  Like many things you have to be patient and not judge the results before the proper time, in this case at least 4 weeks and preferably 8.  I started using the Olive Night Cream, I placed it by the sink and used the morning eye cream just after doing my hair, and the pm just after brushing my teeth at night.  But I have to admit after even one week I thought I saw results, but after 4 others definitely noticed a difference.  They were not sure what, but everyone said I looked rested, calm. and great. At eight weeks, even my children thought I looked good.  Miracles never cease to happen.  I love this product and highly recommend it.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 01:31:43 PM »
Hey, I'm gonna check this out!   Welcome to the forum Melissa!   ;D

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 06:59:35 AM »
Wow this sounds great!  Gonna go look for this soon.  Thanks.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »
I love the olive oil soaps and lotions.Gotta check this out! :)