Author Topic: hey  (Read 3846 times)

leewife01

• View Profile
    • Email
hey
« on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
hey im new to fts.. looking for any good advice, and how long before you actuallt start loosing weight, and are you allowed to cheat at all?/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: hey
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 01:05:11 PM »
Hi Leewife01, welcome to the forum....I need to know your knowledge level of our program, have you read the book yet?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 01:25:02 PM »
Hi Leewife & welcome to the forum!  I know everyone is different, and I have alot of weight to lose.....but I lost 10 pounds my first week!!   ;D

joagain

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
Hi Leewife01, welcome to the forum

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
Hi Leewife01..... welcome to the forum!! 

I think everyone is different with how much they lose and how fast.   I'm not sure what you mean by
are you allowed to cheat at all?/
but if you can wrap your thoughts around the fact that this is a lifestyle change and not just a diet you will answer your own question there.  Simple.... your body will burn the energy you put in it by mouth first before it ever goes looking for it where ever you stored it for safe keeping.  So if you feel you must cheat....It's not the end of the world but you are surely slowing your progress.  Good luck on you journey  ;)

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:39 PM »
Cheating....hmmmmmm
The word implies that you "can't have something" but you do anyway... 
After reading Doug's book, and understanding what hidden sugar does to your goal of losing weight, I just didn't want to eat like that anymore.  It is funny how understanding how your body works makes it so easy to make better choices for your body.  Especially if your goal is to lose weight and up till now, you just haven;t been able to achieve that.  This is my story.  I tried and tried and lost a little (25 or so lbs) but it always stalled out.  I realize that bread, rice, pasta, even the iced coffee I was drinking was full of hidden sugar.   I have no desire for it anymore.

So, what really is cheating?  It is simply falling back to old habits.  Because if you chose not to poisen your body with sugar, then you just won't poisen your body with sugar.

Sugar is the gateway to cancer....where did I hear that before? 

I fall back numerous times...but that's because I am an addict! Thankfully I have this wonderful support group that keeps bringing me back!

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess