FAT TO SKINNY LOW CARB Forum
July 22, 2018, 09:55:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Best Low Carb Forum On The Web Loaded With Recipes and Support
Everyone who visits this low carb forum is welcome to join. Scroll down to see the boards
FAT TO SKINNY Books-BUY BOOKS HERE
FAT TO SKINNY HOME PAGE
Join The FAT TO SKINNY Facebook Fan Page FAN PAGE 
DONATE BUTTON- Donations are appreciated but not required. They are used to offset book giveaways to schools and kids.  THANKS!

Home   Help Search Calendar Advertise Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Touching Base  (Read 50 times)
morgan
Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« on: June 15, 2018, 08:24:53 PM »

Hello everyone, just touching base to see how everyone is going with their "trials and tribulations".   How's the goal setting??  The triumphs?? The tears and frustrations??   Good??  Glad to hear it.  I've been doing well and have lost 18kgs (40lb - wow, haha, gotta say it sounds heaps more in poundage) since mid October last year - approx 32 wks or so.  That might not mean a lot to some in the length of time,  but this is a post menopausal woman here and it is a heap better than putting it on.   I've sauntered through this not really putting much effort (when I say not much effort - I am following the guidelines, but I am not stressing or obsessing) into it to be honest, just taken it day by day.  I keep telling myself I must start to exercise but I'm hard put to get motivated to do anything let alone exercise.  It is the beginning of winter here and it is absolutely freezing already.  But each day I am getting closer to that treadmill set up in the lounge room.  I'll get there - maybe I'm waiting for a plateau to actually have to shake my body up to keep losing.  I see it for what it is - an EXCUSE.  I know it, I own it, I WILL??? overcome it.    Grin

Hope everyone is well and doing well.

morgan

mouseissue
Global Moderator

Low Carb for Long Life!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 03:44:41 PM »

Hi, Morgan! I'm very happy to hear that you are doing so well.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Regarding your motivation toward exercise...

You have to set realistic goals for yourself if you expect to have long term positive results.
The first goals should be small and easy to achieve. Make the first one something like 5 minutes on the treadmill at a lower speed. Then, increase slowly from there. As your success record grows, so will your motivation to continue. If you make exercise part of your lifestyle, like FTS, there will be no need to obsess over it. Just enjoy it.  Smiley

Me, like you, I continue to live the FTS lifestyle but so not obsess over it. I am still close to goal weight. I weigh in once in a while. When I notice the scale creeping upward, I reduce my carb-count and food volume for a time until the extra weight comes off. This has been working great for me.

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Advertise Here

Advertise Here