Author Topic: Heart Attack!  (Read 16877 times)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
Heart Attack!
« on: April 01, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »
Well I had a heart attack Monday night (3/26/18). The ER did emergency aggressive angiogram on an artery that was 100% blocked. I was in the hospital 5 days.
I have been eating low carb and my cholesterol is still high as it was when I ate low fat. Doctors told me to eat low fat, low sodium. I am eating only a little meat, non starchy vegetables and fruit. Suddenly my weight dropped. I was having a plateau for 3 months eating 20 carbs with fats high. Now I am between trying to please the cardiologists and making sure I get healthy fats in.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Heart Attack!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:58:32 PM »
Hello, Susie.

I'm saddened to hear you had a heart attack.
But I'm very happy that you recovered from it. :) :) :)

I know it can be difficult to balance what our doctors tell us and what we know works to keep the FAT off.
And in the vast majority of cases living the FTS lifestyle is good for all our blood numbers, including cholesterol.

But seem to have a special medical circumstance where positive FTS dietary changes do not change your cholesterol for the better. So I cannot help but wonder if you have a special condition that prevents healthy cholesterol levels for you, no matter how you eat.

Your doctor must figure out why your having this cholesterol issue.
It is clearly beyond your diet and could well be something like a thyroid imbalance.

I will continue to pray for you and that your doctors discover how to effectively manage your cholesterol numbers.

BTW, I hope that Mary is doing well.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 04:38:17 PM »
Thanks Tony, I agree, it just be beyond my diet. So far, doctors are perplexed. They have me on so much medication to keep me from another heart attack. For now, I have to keep a heart stent card and nitroglycerin on me at all times. I hope to find a doctor who is open to finding out why.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 03:44:01 PM »
Of course, you're welcome! :)

There must be an answer for you.
I will continue to pray that you find the medical help you need, Susie.

God bless and keep you and yours.

Tony

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 09:06:13 PM »
Was sorry to hear about your heart 💗 attack, but happy to know you are on the road to recovery.  Unfortunately some medical issues defy eating well.  Some of us may be large but relatively healthy while I've heard fit athletes who eat well and exercise lots having heart issues, and people with low cholesterol who also have heart issues.  Cholesterol numbers are only an indicator not a certainty.  You just never know, so you just do your best.  You'll be back on your feet in no time and working out a good balance for what works for you.

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 09:53:03 AM »
Thank you Morgan, you just never know what goes on internally. I have a nice young doctor. Told him I have no idea why my arteries are filling up no matter how I eat. I am getting my blood drawn today for further testing.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 03:56:39 PM »
Morgan is absolutely correct when she said "Cholesterol numbers are only an indicator not a certainty.", Susie.

We know that inflammation (and not cholesterol) is the cause of arterial blockages.
Arterial inflammation makes arterial linings "sticky" and prone to blockage.
So the key here is your docs figuring out what is causing that inflammation.

It just occurs to me that you may have an allergy to something that's causing inflammation.
Perhaps that's worth bringing up the next time you see your doctor.

Tony

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 04:59:16 PM »
Wow that's what my brother said, inflammation. He said processed  foods are a major culprit too. Nitrates, etc. I will bring that up to my doctor.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 06:25:41 AM »
How you going susie???

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 10:50:31 AM »
I am dealing through my emotions now, my doctor told me to see a therapist. It is taking patience. I had blood drawn, now need to wait for my doctor to call about results.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »
Hi, Susie.

I really hope the blood test is comprehensive enough to uncover the cause of your inflammation.

Sadly since Big Pharma has its greedy paws all over medical science (especially medical research), it can be very challenging finding a doctor that looks beyond the symptom (cholesterol blockage in arteries which is treated with dangerous statin drugs) to the root cause of the inflammation.

I will continue to pray for you. And I pray that your doctors find the wisdom to find the root cause of your arterial inflammation.

Tony

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 01:12:54 PM »
Hi Suz... Unfortunately "the horse is out of the barn" as my doctor would say. Over the years of high triglycerides caused by high sugar in my system. The plaque that built up in my arteries in lay terms is "hardening of the arteries plaque" This type of plaque stays hard, real hard condensed against the arterial walls. THEN something makes it soften and expand like a sponge closing off the arteries. My blockage in my left anterior was 98%. That required a stent about 8 years ago. Unfortunately throughout my system there are other areas of hard plaque, that's the docs words. SO, will it happen again? Don't know.  I've been taking Buckwheat supplements as a natural way to break down the plaques. That's the claim the industry states... Umpa approved :) Anyway, the question of course to the doc was what is the something that activates the plaque... His answer was stress. 

Hope you get well soon. 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 11:36:15 PM »
I appreciate your support and will keep you updated. My energy is coming back. Without coffee or caffeine. I am having a difficult time sitting still for too long. I am doing 5 slow squats 3 times a day and walking as much as I can. I don't do dishes yet but I definitely am cooking again. Back in low carb and it feels so good!!!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 03:55:37 AM »
Hi Susie...a month on - how are you doing?

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 10:06:11 AM »
Hi Morgan,
I am much better, back to all housework. My doctor ordered a Stat CT scan of my liver. When that came back he ordered blood tests for hepatitis A and B. Hopefully I will know this week.