Author Topic: New People  (Read 3600 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
New People
« on: March 11, 2018, 01:13:04 AM »
Hello Newbies......joined in the fun yet?? 

Decided on the lifestyle change?? 
(I hope I'm hearing a resounding YES!!)

Decided to make yourself healthier and thinner?? 
(You gotta start somewhere, some how.)

Or are you sitting on the fence wondering if it is too hard?? 
(Life my friend is hard - not all the time, but it's not always easy.)

Or if you are too old?? 
(Haven't you heard - you're never too old  :D)

Or do you just want to press a button and your weight issues will disappear??? (Sorry it ain't happening - well maybe one day, but not today, so you're just going to have to make the effort.)

(I love me my question marks  ;D)

We live in a world of instant....we don't want to put in the effort, but we expect the results.   This lifestyle can be a bit tricky,  but it can be seamless.  You can eat lots of things, and there are lots of substitutions.  Don't be narky though if you can't get your sugar fix though, because that's what got you on this site in the first place.

I have my cake and eat it too  :),  I just have to bake it first.  That way I know exactly what's in it. I even had pavlova and whipped chocolate cream (2 carbs) (all sugar free) yesterday and today for dessert.  I have lo-carb bread (I either make it myself or buy a lo-carb one - I don't eat more that a slice a day and not every day.  It's not that I can't, it just that after a while you just don't crave it.  Pasta is another issue - I've tried to substitute with the zero noodles and I enjoyed them at the start, but now I just give them a miss.   Potato/rice - I love me my cauliflower substitute.  A much better food item for anyone.  I can have bacon and eggs every day if I want, or omelette or even pancakes.  And if you love cheese - go for it.  In the States I understand you can buy heaps more of lo-carb products than in Australia - take advantage of it.

That's it for now.  I hope I have helped someone/anyone. 

If you don't want to say anything in the comments leave a emoji (happy or other face) for me - make my day  ;D

Goldfinger

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New People
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »
So how do i post ?
Took me forever just to register
I think im too old for this
Not sure if low carb REALLY WORKS
Anyways.
Have a great day
Goldfinger

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: New People
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »
Welcome, Goldfinger!  :)

Posting new topics of conversation is quite easy;

(1) Be sure you're logged in.
(2) From the homepage of this forum, find an area of interest, for example "Dinner Recipes".
(3) In that area, click on "New Topic" at the upper right of existing posts listed.
(4) Write a "Subject".
(5) Type the body of your message.
(6) (optional) - You may spell check and preview your comment before posting.
(7) Click "Post", and there you go!  ;)

So you know, I'm 66 years old and in great health thanks to FAT To Skinny (FTS).
When I started living the FTS lifestyle back in August 2010, I weighed 317 lbs. and was VERY unhealthy. My doctor told me I probably won't last 5 more years if something doesn't' change. So I started my FTS journey.

================================================================

After about 6 months, I lost about 50 lbs. and my doc took me off diabetes meds. As well as some to control my elevated triglycerides and cholesterol.

After a year, I lost the remaining 50 lbs. and have never felt better in my life.
Within one year, I lost 100 pounds, and have never felt better (with the exception of a little joint pain from time to time, but nothing really bad).

So yes, living low-carb REALLY does!
There is solid science behind it.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Have a great day!  :)
Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: More New People
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 05:54:12 AM »
Hello newbies... I've noticed a whole lot of new people signing on but no one's posting.... USE YOUR WORDS PEOPLE....we would love to hear from you.

We are a very social group here when we eventually all get together.  Some of us come and go.  Join the program, do fantastic, fall off the wagon....get guilty...leave and then come back and redeem ourselves.  We don't judge.  We are here to help, listen, advise or just because.

It's pretty much anonymous.... you can state your feelings, aspirations, goals, difficulties, new recipes, successes, failures (that can be turned in successes - just ask).

Hope to hear from you.

morgan