Author Topic: HAPPY NEW YEAR  (Read 3920 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
HAPPY NEW YEAR
« on: January 02, 2018, 01:50:26 AM »
Happy New Year one and all.....have a safe, healthy and happy 2018.

Many of us will be making resolutions and taking stock of our lives and our health.

I think the No 1 resolution is usually one of "losing weight".  Always a good start.
Strike while the iron is hot and be determined to see it through.   I am committed to see the end of my weight struggles this year.  I'm so done of being a "yo-yo".  I didn't start on 1 January, I restarted mid October - just after my birthday.  So far I have lost 8kg (17lb).   Not bad since I'm post menopausal.  My age is another issue because I have to talk myself out of the "I'm too old - why bother" - "everything won't shrink back" .  No it won't and I won't be miraculously young again either.  But if I had found this lifestyle years ago, it would have made a huge difference then.

I have been on and off F2S for a few years now...think I started in 2012.  I have always done well when I commit to this lifestyle - unfortunately life got in the way and I have fallen off many times, BUT  I have always climbed back on and continued.  Sometimes being so disheartened by putting on the weight I had lost.   

It's not that I find it hard to follow this lifestyle but the fact that I couldn't cope with events that had me returning to old habits.

The positive, and yes there is a positive, is that I know what to do.   I know how to substitute, I know how to cook almost carb free,  I have learned coping skills and I know that unless I give "permission" to myself to fail (by having something I know is so bad for me) I CANNOT FAIL.

I don't cry over 'spilt milk' and fall off the wagon because something unexpected happened - for example,  I went out for coffee with a friend and had an almond milk latte and then when I finished I found out that they used sweetened almond milk at 9 carbs/250ml.   That's almost half my daily intake of 20 carbs.  I would have had black with cream if I had of known.  My bad - I should have checked beforehand but cafe was sooooo busy, I assumed they used same brand as the other cafe.....

Word of advice - NEVER ASSUME!!!!!!

I have to adjust what I was planning on having for dinner....sigh.

So everyone,  know it is never too late and it doesn't matter if your skin ends up being  a bit loose.  It too can be fixed - it's up to you as to how.  Exercise helps and surgery if it doesn't.  It depends on what you can live with.  But, firstly, you have to lose it  :)

One step at a time.....what's the saying? - a journey of a 1000 miles starts with one step.  You just have to take that step.....

Just remember, there is always someone here to help....take care everyone.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 05:04:23 PM »
Happy New Year, Morgan! :) :) :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 12:35:23 AM »
Hi all - so how is everyone's NY resolutions going????
Mine are/is going along nicely  thank you  :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 03:14:03 PM »
Happy New Year, Morgan! :)

I don't make a practice of making New Year's resolutions.
If I see need for a change in my life, I don't wait for the year's end/beginning to do it.
I simply adjust my attitude, make a commitment,  and stick to it.

That being said, I am happy to hear that your NY resolutions are doing well.

I hope 2018 is good to you. :) :) :)

Tony

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 11:48:36 PM »
So how is everyone going?? I've lost just over 6lb since Jan 1 and this being eating well, not exercising and mainly not moving off couch.  We are currently in summer with temperatures between 30-40+ deg Celsius.  Hot hot hot.  I don't have air con just a portable unit.  You just avoid going outside.  Next week holidays are over so back to routine.   So more movement.   

I have to say this restart has been seemless.  No cravings, no symptoms  of withdrawal.  All seems well😊.  Hope everyone else is doing well also.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 03:42:31 PM »
That's wonderful, Morgan! :) :) :) :) :)

I've been holding steady for the most part (+- 5 lbs. of goal) for the last 5 years.
But most importantly, my health is still doing VERY well, thanks to the loss! :)

Tony