Author Topic: Scale Isn't Moving but I am slowly shrinking - Is this normal?  (Read 3082 times)

dmarie053

• View Profile
    • Email
Scale Isn't Moving but I am slowly shrinking - Is this normal?
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:42:44 AM »
This is week 4 on the plan.  I do feel so much better, as if the veil has been removed however, I've only lost 4.5 lbs.  I'm 63 years old and have been sedentary for 40 of them.  I can see a difference in my face/neck and a slight difference in my clothes.  My skin looks clearer but I don't understand why such a small loss of lbs.  Have others had a similar experience?  I read where so many have dropped significant amounts of weight in the same timeframe.  I'm not frustrated just curious because I do feel so much better.  I've been eating only meat, fish, leafy veggies and salads.  A few evenings I have sugar free jello with whipped cream as a treat.  ( I was so addicted to sweets).  Does anyone have insight or suggestions they can give me?  Thanks!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Scale Isn't Moving but I am slowly shrinking - Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »
Hi, dmarie! :)

Yes. It is normal to shrink and not lose pounds.

During weight loss, the content of fat cells is temporarily replaced with water as the cell walls slowly shrink to a new size. This is why it's helpful to take periodic measurements along with logging scale weight.

However, if your progress does not improve in the next 3 weeks, let us know and we'll try to figure out what the issue may be.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »
Hi dmarie053 -  I can tell you it is very frustrating when you hear everyone dropping lbs like they are on sale.  Mainly the men.  Being post menopausal doesn't help.  It seems to slow everything down.  I'm pretty much like that as well.  It used to annoy me no end.  Sometimes it is just best to pop your scales in the cupboard or (my preference) shoot them.
Slow and steady can win the race.  If you are feeling better then that counts for a lot.  Just continue doing what you are doing and try to move a bit more.   Even if it is only to the kitchen to get a glass of water.  It is movement.  Oh....don't forget that - drink lots of water.  You get tired of the peeing but that in itself makes you get up and move too.  :D

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 02:13:51 PM »
Funny Morgan 🎄🎀🎁♥♥♥♥