Author Topic: HELP!!! I'm Bingeing on "Fake Sweets" and Can't Stop :(  (Read 8195 times)

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
HELP!!! I'm Bingeing on "Fake Sweets" and Can't Stop :(
« on: April 08, 2015, 02:28:54 PM »
Hi, everyone...  After losing up to 87 lbs. as of right before Christmas, ever since I just can't seem to get the scale to BUDGE.  At first I was still eating "correctly" but the more time that has gone by, I'm starting to eat more carbs because I'm so frustrated, in addition to other emotional things going on.  But lately I've realized my biggest issue seems to be as I said in the Subject line - I'm getting more and more into the fake sweets - the ones with sugar alcohols, as well as recipes we're making from the FTS cookbooks that are sweet tasting.  I'm feeling like I'm going to have to stop eating anything that even remotely tastes sweet in order to break this addiction - but then I freak out at the thought and it triggers the next binge.

I'm stuck in a cycle of this and can't figure out how to stop myself.  My weight was 243 before Christmas and since Christmas it has bounced between 251 and 256 and just won't go down any further...

How do you stop this??
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HELP!!! I'm Bingeing on "Fake Sweets" and Can't Stop :(
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 08:18:45 AM »
Moderation.Measure your servings. Find out why you are binging.People eat for alot of reasons and 90 % of the time its not hunger.Find  a hobby or something to fill your time. ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 08:22:20 AM »
Hi Jacki, take a deep breath everything will be OK :) Sugar alcohols have been proven to spike insulin in some people. That spike will certainly stall weight loss and in some peoples bodies slight weight gain can occur.

So, first it's time to replace your SA sweets with replacements. I know how much you enjoy your sweets, we all do and you don't have to rid them out entirely.

1- First get rid of the candy bowl sitting in the middle of the coffee table in the living room. ( I have a camera in your house ) :)
2- Next get rid of all the "soft candy" Chocolates, chewy's etc... All sugar free soft candies are sweetened with sorbitol or malitol or both.
3- Hard candies sweetened with sucralose, You'll see the Splenda logo on the packages. They will now be your candy treats and can be found at most stores. Hard candies last quite a long time sucking them. Don't chew them. You'll find that the amount of these that you'll eat on a daily basis will self regulate. You may eat many the first few days but that will back itself down over time.
4- I assume you have our ZERO sweetener? Make your water sweet! Full glass of ice water, little squeeze of fresh lime or lemon and a couple drops of ZERO. You can drink these all day long and your mouth will always stay sweet.
5- Finally treat yourself to one FTS bakery book dessert per week. Do this using portion control and your freezer. Choose a particular day, say Sunday after dinner for your weekly treat. Bake off a cheesecake for example and cut it into serving sizes and freeze. Most of the cakes and cookies in the book are freezer friendly.

By following this advice you're sweet tooth will not only be satisfied it will be overloaded with sweet. You'll really look forward to eating that chicken or steak to get away from the sweet. The cool part is the sweet your getting won't harm you and you won't feel as if you're cheating yourself of goodies. Having your 1 weekly bakery treat will be your reward for staying the course.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 06:11:20 PM »
Any updates? I've been here too. It's hard to resist "safe" goodies.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 08:29:20 AM »
Everything in moderation.I try to keep my sweets in the freezer so I have thaw time to make sure I really want them and I am not just grazing.Especially cheesecake ;)

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 02:28:11 PM »
Any updates? I've been here too. It's hard to resist "safe" goodies.

I followed Doug's advice and it really did help...! I'm finding since I'm not eating the "treats" all the time like before, when I do have them, they are HEAVENLY tasting...!
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 12:01:08 PM »
Hi, Jacki! :)

Glad to hear you tamed the "sweets monster".

I used to have a really bad one.
But like you, I forced it to submit to my will. ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!