Author Topic: Thousand Island Dressing  (Read 4785 times)

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
Thousand Island Dressing
« on: February 27, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »
Okay, I've tried and tried to get used to Ranch instead of Thousand Island - but it's just not the same! It ruins my whole "salad experience" because I just don't like it nearly as well!

So I tried the homemade low-carb Thousand Island recipe I found in the forums that was something like:

1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar-free ketchup
3 tablespoons sugar-free sweet relish
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

This is VERY close to "the real thing" - except it seems way too sweet to me and my husband!  What's causing this?  The ketchup or relish?  And any tips on how I might adjust this recipe to make it less sweet but still have it taste, smell, and look like the real thing?!!

Thanks a bunch!

- Jacki
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Thousand Island Dressing
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 11:23:11 AM »
Okay, I've tried and tried to get used to Ranch instead of Thousand Island - but it's just not the same! It ruins my whole "salad experience" because I just don't like it nearly as well!

So I tried the homemade low-carb Thousand Island recipe I found in the forums that was something like:

1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sugar-free ketchup
3 tablespoons sugar-free sweet relish
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

This is VERY close to "the real thing" - except it seems way too sweet to me and my husband!  What's causing this?  The ketchup or relish?  And any tips on how I might adjust this recipe to make it less sweet but still have it taste, smell, and look like the real thing?!!

Thanks a bunch!

- Jacki

Hi, Jacki! :)

Try reducing the amount of sugar-free sweet relish from 3 TBSP to 2 TBSP.
Adjust again (up or down) depending on your tastes.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jackibar

• View Profile
    • Gorden and Jacki's Place
Re: Thousand Island Dressing
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »
Thanks, Tony! I'll give that a try!
Join our [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss Forum[/url] Community Today!