Author Topic: zumba  (Read 17643 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
zumba
« on: March 15, 2014, 06:39:57 PM »
Been trying to think of a fun sort exercise and wondered about zumba.  Then, while checking that out, there seems to be many forms.  Now they have Zumba Gold which is for the 'baby boomer' generation.  A bit slower and precise.  Did my bit of research, but  some comment saying too slow.  Need opinions people if you please.  Has anyone done the zumba gold or normal (not the other ones - don't think I would be able to keep up)?

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: zumba
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
I did the normal Zumba and loved it !!! It was so much fun yet burned so many Calories while doing it . You keep your own pace and do what you can . It's like a big dance party :)

madoctor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:35:52 PM »
Regular Zumba is great and I Love, love love Aqua Zumba in the summer! ;D

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
My older daughter, Heather, told me that in her Zumba class everyone goes at their own pace. She and her Zumba friends love her Zumba teacher. He lost his Zumba teaching job due to budget cuts at 24 HR fitness, so now he is teaching at various places & his "groupies" are following him. He might be teaching at the community center 3 blocks from my house this Sunday so my daughter wants me to take his class. Why not, it sure sounds like fun!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 09:23:35 AM »
Go for it! :)

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 01:45:48 PM »
I haven't tried it yet but my daughter has a set of CD's so going to borrow them and do my own thing to the music.

I bought a 3 CD set of Best of the 80's music when my planned walking routine was shot to pieces by bears, so I put them on and walk around the house to the slower songs, but the faster pieces I alternate between dancing around the room and shadow boxing!  ;D ;D Gives you a really great workout, and as 1 CD has 10 songs on it, it works out to about a 30 minute work out give or take. I plan to work up to doing it 3 times a day, using the 3 different CD's.

Gotta shake those pounds off!

Renee`

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 10:48:07 AM »
Hi, Renee! :)

If you have not been very active for a while, start out SLOWLY and build slowly.
Many people give up on exercise from overdoing it too soon.
Also, if you can find a exercise partner, all the better. It helps ward off boredom.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 06:39:31 AM »
Hey Tony,

I hear ya.....not sure any of my friends would be up at 5am when my first workout is hahaha. They think I'm crazy as it is!  :) :)

But the early bird catches the worm so the saying goes, and I'm finding doing a workout so early gives me a boost for the rest of the day. I'm building up to the 3 workouts a day gradually, don't want to be pulling muscles.

Renee`

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 10:11:32 AM »
You are doing great Renee ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »
You are doing great Renee ;)

Yes, she is!!! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 01:47:52 PM »
I took normal zumba a 1.5 years ago.  had to quit cause the instructors bailed out in our area and too far to go to other towns.  the normal zumba was fun and yes, you go at your own pace.  there were some instructors that did the be bop  tons of jumping around and wayyyyyyy tooooooooo fast.  I didn't appreciate that too much.  just like keeping it simple.  I loved the one hour and lots of sweating and felt so good when I got home to take my shower.  only did it once a week and found much improvement in my health. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 09:07:04 AM »
I have never tried it,I have always been a treadmill girl ;)