Author Topic: My review of "Fat Fast Cookbook" by Dana Carpender  (Read 2232 times)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
My review of "Fat Fast Cookbook" by Dana Carpender
« on: July 03, 2014, 08:45:10 AM »
As I've been increasing my weight lifting to help give me the body shape I'm looking for … I noticed I was feeling more hungry.  Everyone said add carbs to help your muscles recover.  Hmmm, wasn't sure I wanted to go down that road.  So I thought - maybe adding some extra fat would help and low and behold I came across this book.  There are 50 recipes 80% fat and higher.  I've had great results adding in a few items to hold me over.  The book explains the original "Fat Fast" but gives some ideas that I hadn't thought of personally - but the more seasoned person may find this unnecessary.  Anyway - there's my thoughts!  Have a great 4th!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: My review of "Fat Fast Cookbook" by Dana Carpender
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 10:41:34 AM »
Sunshine, " Everyone said add carbs to help your muscles recover."

I don't know who "everyone" is but it certainly didn't come from your FTS family.

Fat's will certainly make you feel full but PROTEIN is what you need for muscle re-growth.

YES you do need to replenish muscle glycogyn stores as you burn them BUT our eating plan already supplies those carbs within your 20 per day. Berries, veggies and nuts will give you all the carbs you need.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:35:01 PM »
Agree.  I've done several protein calculators and put my macros together.  I take a recovery supplement and muscle growth is happening and I'm able to lift heavier on a regular basis.  So it seems to all be coming together.  For example, instead of Deviled Eggs, I add a little bacon and cheese or any bits of leftover avocado.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 03:05:20 PM »
Thats what i do, you got it!