Author Topic: Eliminate Purified Water  (Read 9449 times)

MichelleShani

• View Profile
Eliminate Purified Water
« on: May 31, 2014, 07:59:32 AM »
Hello everyone. I hope you all are doing good. It's good to be back! I've officially eliminated purified water and bottled water from my lifestyle because of health reasons and how it was making my body highly acidic. I advise anyone drinking purified water to stop and do your research as it strips minerals from the body and does many other harmful things. Plus the spring water in my local neighborhood was making me real sick from arsenic poisoning and other contaminants. From now on I will be drinking filtered tap water. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best water filter or any other recommendations?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Eliminate Purified Water
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »
Hi Michelle, we've missed you! Interesting subject........ I've read boh sides of the story and quite frankly I don't have a position either way. Can you give me a little more background on how you came to this conclusion?
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »
Welcome back Michelle,hope you feel better! :)

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 09:44:53 AM »
Hey Doug and Umpa. I came to conclusion about a week ago when I researched the dangers of purified water and it's harmful symptoms which i had. I had ordered Hinckley Springs Purified Water back in early October 2013 for more convenience but during those 8 months I looked and felt like complete crap! I had swollen eyelids, puffy eyes, dark eye circles, trouble sleeping, swelling in my face, difficulty losing weight, hair loss, fluid retention,  fatigue, headaches, migraines and depression. I couldn't figure out why, I thought I had developed a food allergy but that wasn't the case. But one day last week I went the entire day without drinking any purified water and drunk only milk and the next day my symptoms were all gone and I looked much better. I did so many hours of research on purified water and finally realized it was making me sick.

Purified Water is not something you find in nature, it has all it's minerals removed, it acidifies the body, strips vital minerals from the body and dehydrates the body. It did all this to me, especially since I was drinking way more than 10 cups of the water each day for over 8 months. The water didn't hydrate me well and made me more thirsty.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
Hi, Michelle! :)

That's so sad that you were trying to do something good for yourself (drinking lots of water)
and it ended up harming you.

I can say that I've never have heard that purified water is bad.
I have heard some bottled water is just as bad a tap water in many cities.

We consider ourselves blessed because we have well water. It's very delicious!
It's so high in mineral content, it quickly leaves residue in water glasses and the coffee maker.

If you're looking for a good water filter, we used Brita for years while living in the city.
The water tasted almost as good as the water we have here.
The newer Brita pitchers come in larger sizes with taps so you can fill up right from the fridge.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 01:17:06 PM »
Thanks Tony! The whole water situation is full of irony. I drank tons of water to look good,  look younger, help lose weight, reduce food cravings, feel energized and be healthy but drinking purified water did the complete opposite. Pure Water is the last thing I would of thought that caused my health problems, it's so crazy to me!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 09:49:40 AM »
WOW, glad you found the culprit!Our water bubbles right out of the ground from a mountain spring. I have a "Whole House" filter installed and I change the cartridges as required....about 2 per year. Coming directly out of the ground I'm sure our water is full of minerals :0 

Here's a link- http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-HF-360A-Sediment-Cartridge-Included/dp/B000BQUPZ8/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1401630535&sr=1-3&keywords=whole+house+filter
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 04:06:58 PM »
Oh thanks Doug, this is very helpful!

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »
We have a spring on our cabin site and had it tested and it was definltely not drinkable water.  I think even the filter wouldn't work.  We had the test done quite a few years ago...I remember not even being able to read the names of the bacteria that was in it let alone understand them.  We have cattle that other folks have on their land which connects to our creek and stream, so I am thinking that has a lot to do with it as they urinate or poop in it.  Not to mention the other animals that probably do the same thing on a daily basis.  You are fortunate Doug to have mountain water.  And Tony, the well sounds great - The minerals sound healthy.  There are waters that have minerals in them - There is supposedly mineral water Bar in LA that specializes in different waters from different places with different sorts of minerals in them.  Has anyone ever heard of that new thing happening with water? 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 09:52:08 AM »
A Bar for water?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 12:52:25 PM »
A Bar for water?

Hi, Umpa! :)

LA has "bars" for just about everything.

As someone that was born and raised in LA, I can tell you that if anything exists, you'll find at least several there.

Tony

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 02:18:07 PM »
Wow this thread is great information!

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »
Is the purified water you're discussing considered "softened water"? I'm just wondering, I have a full house water softener...so I'm just concerned...

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »
Hi, Michelle! :)

Purified water is typically distilled and purified with a process using ultraviolet light or some other process to make it completely sterile. This water is devoid of minerals.

Water softeners remove most calcium and magnesium (that create mineral scale & bad taste) in your incoming water. However, some mineral content will come through.
So I would not be concerned.

Tony

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »
Thanks Tony! Always full of helpful information, thank you!!! :-)