Author Topic: Help for flattening out the tummy and toning the arms!  (Read 20885 times)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
Help for flattening out the tummy and toning the arms!
« on: May 01, 2014, 04:39:05 PM »
I'm so close to where I want to be but my tummy still isn't flat!  My whole life it's been my biggest personal complaint, and I guess my upper arms are right up three too.  Maybe to me it's all more noticeable because I have a small bust line and a petite frame.  Do I just have to be patient?  Do I do sit-ups?  Do I start some cardio?  Do I lift weights for my arms?  Do I need to eat more of something or less of something?  It's swimsuit season here and I just don't feel confident with a bikini yet.  I'm blessed the weight has more easily come off from my rear and legs.  But some things look loose on me because I need the waist to be bigger but then the legs and seat end up being loose.  So ... My tummy and arms are something I'm struggling with.  There I said it ... Anyone have any suggestions?

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
Re: Help for flattening out the tummy and toning the arms!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:34:12 PM »
I tried a Pure Barre class for a first timer they did a $10 rate.  It's small moves designed to tone the body.  It was challenging and I was a bit sore the next day.  I'm scouring the internet and really being diligent about staying away from sweets.  I still have some Psyllium Husk capsules left so I'm going to use those once a day to take full advantage of all fiber has to offer.  And I have a resistance band I use for my shoulder therapy and I'm going to use that more regularly.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 08:14:06 PM »
Well done Sunshine.  These are tough areas to work on.  Enjoy the 'burn'  ;D :D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »
To work definitions of your body you need to add some HIIT (Hi interval training) or cardio for the results that you want with some weight training to burn the remaining fat and enjoy your bikini.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
Hi Sunshine, " Do I do sit-ups?  Do I start some cardio?  Do I lift weights for my arms? "  YES weight loss is one thing toning is another. If you want that hard body you're seeking then you'll need to work for it  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »
Cool ... I can do that!  So happy with the weight loss   progress and now I'm moving onto the next phase I guess :)

A friend suggested I increase my protein to help the muscle growth and decrease the amount of fat I intake.  She said .5 to 1gram protein per pound of body weight.  Is their truth to this or is it body-builder hype?  She also suggest I increase my carbs but I honestly don't feel I need them for energy - but is their truth to it regarding muscle growth?  I want to be lean and toned and stay away from anything like bulking/cutting as she was explaining it to me.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 08:44:53 AM »
I'd keep my menu the same and add the exercise, a month from now you can review the results and tweak a bit if required, stay away from the carbs.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 08:57:34 AM »
carbs =weight gain ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 03:23:47 PM »
Ok thanks so much!!!!!  Yeah, I got a plan :). I guess it takes a village sometimes :)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 11:19:51 PM »
Sunshine, in that pic you look great. I need to exercise my tummy & arms too.

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 06:22:24 PM »
I am having the time of my life right now.  Since I added the weights and resistance training I'm over the moon with even more energy.  There aren't visible results yet but I can feel the tiniest bit of muscle beginning to develop.  In addition to my routine — When I am in the kitchen and waiting for something to cook - I challenge myself with 25 squats or 15 tricep pushups.  I just got a kettle bell and signed up for some free video exercises.  I have a few books that I'm picking a couple exercises for each muscle group to work on and making sure I give them (and myself) time to rest.  Who knew the upper body had so many "parts" to be exercised.  Finding the compound exercises that I can do at my level is still a bit challenging but I'm fine starting with the basics and looking forward to progressing!  And the best part is - The sugar cravings are 99% gone - which is a HUGE deal for me (just read through some of my previous posts HA HA!!)  That last 1% —— well, when I was at that wedding and in a panic - I was introduced to Quest Bars and I have a couple left (Double Chocolate Chunk is delish) and they have 3 carbs and 20 grams of protein (for a whole bar) - so I cut the bar in 4 pieces and every once in a while - I toss a piece in the microwave for 10 − 20 seconds and it's like heaven (without any guilt - or work)!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 09:04:24 AM »
Your metabolism will continue to change as you exercise Sunshine, stay the course!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
I have flab under my arms and wrinkly skin on my tummy. Keep exercising while you are young, I am starting too late. I am telling my daughters this.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 10:11:27 AM »
Its never too late! I love my treadmill and Yoga ;) Good for my mood! :)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 11:51:42 PM »
I need to get in an exercise habit for sure.