Author Topic: Am I eating too much?  (Read 17553 times)

bdiane

• View Profile
Am I eating too much?
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »
Still trying to figure this out. I've had to lower my carb intake to lose weight, because weight loss had staled.

Breakfast:
I scrambled egg=0
2 slices of bacon=0
1 cup coffee(Tassimo latte)=4

Lunch:
4 slices bacon=0
2 oz cheese=0

after school snack:
1 minute muffin=2

Dinner:
1 cup lettuce=2
3 oz turkey/chicken=0
1 oz. cheese=0
1 mini yellow pepper=2
2 T. ceasar dressing=1

Through out the day: plenty of water & tea(no sweetner)

I have been on program for 59 days and currently down 19 ibs. Am I doing this right? I thought I would've lost more weight by this point and I am getting a little discouraged. Thank you for any help you can offer.
Diane

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Am I eating too much?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 08:03:32 AM »
I will share what I know
One egg is .6 , are you putting anything in your eggs to mix them ?
Coffee is 2 net carbs per cup
WhAt kind of cheese are you eating ? Are you cutting it yourself ? There might be hidden carbs

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 08:28:30 AM »
The carbs in coffee are not very clear to me.  Why do you say they are 2 carbs Steph?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »
Hi Diane, can you give me a few more facts? age, daily routine, type of work you do, current weight, exercise if any, how much sleep you get and do you drink wine, beer or alcohol?

The quantity of food listed is not excessive. As Stephanie pointed out hidden carbs are always something we look for.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
Morgan there is this huge debate and some literature that supports the fact of coffee having carbs . Go to home page and rule coffee I was crazy about it last year bc I drink so much coffee ! Lol I switched to having coffee an then tea which had no carbs bc I dot want to drink my carbs I rather eat them lol

bdiane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 05:10:54 PM »
Thank you, everyone, for your responses. The Coffee says 4 carbs (tassimo box). I'm pretty sure that should be accurate, and I only drink 1 of those per day. (although, sometimes I like to do a bulletproof coffee in the afternoon if I need some energy). The cheese is the little round ones (babybel,it says 0 carbs on the label). I am 50 years old. I work for the school district as an EA. I walk a hill every morning for crosswalk duty. I walk stairs all day to get around for my shift at school (two level building). I am pretty active. I have had a hard time losing weight the last couple years (since I've been sick, necrobiotic xanthogranuloma). The first tumor showed up on my thyroid. This had me concerned about my thyroid. I've been told my thyroid function is normal (although, my guts tell me different). I am 5'7 tall and used to be a size 9 (at my healthy state). I went up to a size 14 since being sick). I am down to a 12, but still have a way to go to get back to my healthiest place. I have always been muscular/athletic. I've had people tell me I'm bigger because it's part of getting old. I do not buy into that philosophy. I know my body pretty well. I know that I should be a size 9 to be my healthiest. I get 7-8 hours of sleep every night. although, sometimes, I'm finding I need a 20 minute nap after work (I do chemo twice a week and it really wipes me out). Hope that answers everyone's questions and helps to analyze/tweak my program for success.
Thanks everyone,
Diane

bdiane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 05:25:06 PM »
Missed a few questions. The eggs I fry in butter (yum). I am not a drinker. I am the designated driver :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 08:52:22 AM »
bdiane  the advice I always give my newbies is the same.Dont overthink this.Fat to Skinny is simple science.Stay 20 carbs  or under and the weight will come off.Do however count every carb that crosses your mouth .Carb creep comes in quick.Condiments and splenda are usually the culprits.  ;)

bdiane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 12:50:52 PM »
Thanks, Umpa!
I have been using splenda (because I have a box of it in the house). Splenda is probably not the best choice for me anyway. What about Stevia? I just bought a packet of that, but haven't tried it,yet.
Thanks,
Diane

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 10:59:16 AM »
Hi, Diane! :)

Check the nutrition label of the stevia.
If it has no carby fillers like Splenda, it's OK.

I would encourage you to try FTS Zero.
It is soooooo much better than any other sweetener out there.
And it has zero carbs! ;D
I promise, once you try it, you'll never want anything else.

You could give your Splenda to some friends or relatives that are not
dealing with weight issues.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »
I mix trader Joe's liquid stevia and FTS zero sweet for really good sweet taste.