Author Topic: Biscuits  (Read 3488 times)

Shoelace

Biscuits
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:48:19 PM »
Biscuits (makes 6)

3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespo ons coarsely chopped pork rinds
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 oz. cream cheese
2 eggs
4 drops FTS Zero

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grind the pork rinds into a flour, stir in the remaining dry ingredients, set aside.

Oil 6 wells of a regular muffin pan.  In a small bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave on low, only until you are able to stir it with a fork.  It should not be warm. Stir the cream cheese, then stir in the eggs and Zero until well blended. Stir in half of the dry ingredients, then the other half. Divide between the 6 wells of the muffin pan and bake10 to 12 minutes. Remove from pan at once. Store in an air tight container.

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
Re: Biscuits
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:06:05 PM »
Those sound yummy!  Tonight I made done with 1 cup + 2 Tbs almond flour, 1 1/2 Tbs cold butter, 4 egg whites and 2 tsp baking powder.  I added some finely shredded cheddar, a pinch of salt and garlic powder,  Turned out very soft & light. Made 4 biscuits,

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »
Love biscuits ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 07:40:18 PM »
Ooops it was 3/4 tsp baking powder :)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:18:36 PM »
Made them again for breakfast with cinnamon, caramel coffee syrup (sugar free), xylitol & Zero.  I used liquid egg whites and the batter was much runnier so I baked in the wells of a muffin top pan.  Makes 4.  Cut in half and made French toast for the hubby and I and put the remaining 2 muffins in the freezer.  Very good.