Author Topic: I'm gonna try this again but discouraged  (Read 6018 times)

pamsway

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm gonna try this again but discouraged
« on: April 30, 2014, 10:22:17 PM »
I hope there is someone out there that can help me out. I was on here back in January and was doing really good. I had lost 8 pounds. Then in February some issues came up and I rebounded back to my old ways. I don't like the way I feel or anything about myself. I am 60 pounds over weight and I am beginning to think I am just going to be this way. My husband doesn't like the way I look and every morning I wake up telling myself that today things are going to change, but by the end of the day I have gone back to my old ways. SUGAR! SUGAR! SUGAR! is my biggest downfall. I got off sugar in January but for some reason I am having a really hard time forgoing the SUGAR this time. Can someone please help me get back on my journey I was once on. I have a personal trainer that I started with at the beginning of April, but I got sick at Easter and have been sick ever since with allergies and bronchitis. I don't want sympathy, what I want is for someone to get very real with me.

My biggest thing is figuring out my meals. I am not very creative. I want a structured meal plan that is made up for me that I can follow. I know there are meals and food ideas on here but what my dream is that I could get someone to make my meal plans up for me. Does that sound crazy? I know this is long but I just had to let you know what my thoughts are.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm gonna try this again but discouraged
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:38:34 AM »
Pam its all about making a decision to take control of your life and your health more than weight loss.You can do this and we can help but you have to have the *want to* nobody can do it for you.Until you detox you will crave sugar it is a drug.It is also a depressant.It fuels cancer.All good reasons to remove it from your life.Everyday you wake up you have a clean slate to start anew,yesterday is the past and doesn't exist anymore.Tomorrow is the future and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 08:42:02 AM »
Hi Pam welcome back. A personal trainer is just like someone making up your meal plans, an excuse to have someone do it for you. Look, here's the cold hard truth, you my dear are an addict....period. You are addicted to sugar just like the rest of us. The only way to stop is cold turkey.

#1- Clean out the house, everything with carbs goes today. I don't want to hear about saving stuff for later or that "the family needs the carbs"....BUNK, everyone can eat healthy for a while as you get your life in order.

#2- Meal plans are as simple as opening your book and picking a breakfast, lunch and dinner. What's so hard about that?

#3- Report here every day so you can lean on our shoulders, no sympathy here just a good swift kick in the pants.

#4- Understand if you can get through the first 2 weeks your carvings will all vanish.

#5- Re-read the book and if you want more recipes download this book- http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com/product.sc;jsessionid=30B64DCA1D4E546E9689059AEDFDD87E.m1plqscsfapp01?productId=16&categoryId=1

#6- Do you have my YES YOU CAN Cd? Listen to it again, if you don't have it you can find it here- http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com/product.sc;jsessionid=30B64DCA1D4E546E9689059AEDFDD87E.m1plqscsfapp01?productId=14&categoryId=1

Pam, we are all here for you but you need to be there for yourself.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 10:22:56 AM »
Welcome home, pamsway!!! :) :) :) :) :)

We are carboholics!
And like any other addiction, we must face it head on and deal with it, one day at a time.

You are experiencing the toughest part of the journey... sugar detox.
Detox usually lasts 10-14 days and cravings for sugar will be very strong, at times.
But if you keep some low or no carb treats handy (like sugar free candies), it will help immensely.
Once you get fully thru detox, those intense cravings will disappear and you'll feel like a million bucks! ;D

The more YOU take control over what enters your mouth, the easier it will be for you to succeed.
This is about making right decisions for your health day by day, hour by hour, meal by meal.
So please follow Doug's advice.

There are folks in our family that have lost well over 200 pounds living the FTS lifestyle.
60 pounds is well within a very doable range.
But it's up to YOU to commit 100% EVERY DAY toward making your goal a reality.
No one else can so that for you.

Think and believe that you WILL reach your goal, and you'll be 90% of the way to it.
And we'll be right here to help you every step of the way. :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 04:07:36 AM »
Hi Pam -- I do feel your pain....we're in the same boat -- and instead of sympathy I'll give you empathy.....and the kick in the pants is that:  "The train goes nowhere until it leaves the station." 

Read and re-read all of the above -- it's what I'm doing also, and I have just become aware that our level of commitment is so important.  What Tony said: 

"But it's up to YOU to commit 100% EVERY DAY toward making your goal a reality.
                No one else can so that for you"

....that my dear is the cold hard truth for both of us. 

I am DELIGHTED you only have 60 pounds to lose, but as Umpa said it so much more than weight loss it's about attaining health and FREEDOM from sugar cravings.....I sense that is what you want to get back to, that freedom from the cravings and the GREAT feeling of being in control of what you eat that FUELS every cell in  your body. 

I remember when I was 60 pounds overweight, my advice is to take it off  before it is 70, 80, 90, .....etc. pounds to take off.  I lost 50 pounds last year before I started playing around with the plan and when I let some cares and trials of life take me off track. 

Find your level of commitment, be willing to hang in there through the detox part (I'm going through the same thing), do all the things suggested above, and keep posting....Do these things -- you're worth it -- remember how good you feel after you broke through with detox.....that is around the corner for you.......

hang in there gal!