Author Topic: SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR  (Read 49012 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR
« on: March 10, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »
I Used To Be A FAT MAN! Not any more! Lose the SUGAR, Lose the FAT

I Used To Be A FAT MAN! Not any more!

http://www.FATtoSKINNY.com
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

BuildZer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:11:21 AM »
           Well, that video from youtube is really interesting, and I learn a lot from. This time I reduce some of my meals, and I eat now less foods with sugar.

laxman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »
wow! I also like the video. This video flow some message towards us. To be get rid off from sugar you must control on your daily food. If you get simply check up of blood you know weather you caught  from sugar or not. Usually sugar is known as heredity disease. This usually seen in those people who cross over forty. Victim of sugar patients are increasing day by day. It may happen because of unhealthy modes of life,being fun of sweets.

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:23:23 PM »
This video is great.  I never realized how much sugar I was consuming.  It's an eye opener. 

[/url]

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 08:33:39 PM »
I cannot believe how much my mind and heart are seeing things the way they really are. Today, I looked over at a student who had some sort of fruity icy drink before school and I know that it was red and fruity. However, my brain literally turned it into an image of the student sucking sugar through the straw. I really saw the white crystals in my mind, and had to look twice at the cup. Then, when I was telling another teacher about what I saw, I caught myself saying, "...it was as though he was sucking poison...I mean sugar...through the straw!"
I am so glad that I am seeing the truth. I don't crave any of the junk anymore, and I am even grossed out by the smell of some foods that used to make me drool....

Cathy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:43:20 PM »
I finally got my book and began reading it last night.  Wow!  There is so much sugar in everything.  Now I'm wondering if this is why I get so tired all the time.  I'm carrying all this weight and eating so much sugar.  I'm crashing around 3:00 everyday.    It's so hard to get through the last couple of hours at work.  Well, I will finish the book tonight.  I would like to thank you for enlightening me on SUGAR. 

[/url]

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 09:41:49 AM »
If you are a teacher owensmath then watch the kids eat the sugar and then watch how they behave after.My sister Kelly only allows her kids to have sugar as a occasional treat and they are extremely calm happy relaxed kids.It explains alot of the mood shifts of the teenage years!Those are the people that I really want to help the most is the kids!Once you show them, bam! they have it and they make better food choices!Nobody wants to be the fat kid! We sell alot of books to parents for their kids and because the sugar intake is so high for kids when you take it away they lose it very quickly!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:11:22 AM by Doug Varrieur »

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 11:23:13 AM »
I have healthy snacks during one of my classes. I try to occasionally bring enough so they can taste it. I brought Jicama one day and they all liked it. Then, I heard from a 7th grade teacher that one of her students was eating jicama at lunch and showed it to her. He was eating it because his sister is in my class and tried it. She convinced her mom to buy some and her family loved it!

Their mouths watered one day when I showed them my cupcakes! : )

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 12:08:56 PM »
What would be cool is if the school wanted to add the book to the curriculum for health class or appropriate class. It's like pulling teeth though to get through the heads of the school boards members, very political. I wish I had been taught this info when I was a kid....would have saved lots of grief!

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 11:52:17 PM »
would be so great if you could ever get one school to open their eyes on the consumption of sugar that children consume thru school lunches.  I mean you can send your child to school with a healthy sack lunch but would be awesome if they were also entitled a healthy lunch at school not full of carbs n sugars

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 04:56:14 AM »
I agree completely! The school lunches here are atrocious!

izzet

• Global Moderator
  • Just Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Sweet-Tooth Salvation
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 02:42:59 AM »
This is a great tool to get a visual....yuck!  I like the other videos that you did on the interviews which seemed more detailed.  Great way to get your point across.
Peace and blessings,

IzzeT

Total Lost on FTS 37lbs: Maintaining size 8 and feeling great!

type 2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 03:27:41 AM »
Excellent video. It is time people realize that fat is not the real enemy.

I was diagnosed 6 years ago with type 2. My fasting glucose was 46 mmol/l ( that is over 600 mg/dl for those in the US.). Upon arrival in the hospital it was over 64, and yes I should have died.

I almost puke every time a see a food commercial that tries to say their cereal/granola bars/sunny d is good for you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 09:59:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum type 2! I am dougs wife umpa.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can help you convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly .Please don't hesitate to ask if I can help! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 10:18:51 AM »
You're going to fit into this family easily, this is a place where you can teach others as well as being taught...welcome!