Author Topic: Eat Fats, Cut Carbs to Reclaim Your Skinny Self  (Read 35565 times)

o0OSusieO0o

Re: Eat Fats, Cut Carbs to Reclaim Your Skinny Self
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 04:30:49 PM »
Welcome SherriAubrey!!!! Lots of members here to help you, myself included. Smiling warmly seeing you join us!

Re: Eat Fats, Cut Carbs to Reclaim Your Skinny Self:
 I'm eating healthy fats. Seen research online that butter is healthy too, as well as extra virgin coconut & extra virgin olive oils.
I'm drinking bulletproof coffee in morning with pure Stevia to sweeten.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 08:46:05 AM »
SHERRIAUBREY welcome to the forum! I am Umpa,Dougs wife .If  can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.You are gonna do great and we are gonna help! ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »
SHERRIAUBREY. I am proof of the unconditional support - I had never even heard of some of the ingredients and I always got the reassurance to understand and keep going !  I still have lots to learn:). But everyday is an adventure :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »
You are doing great Sunshine!  ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
Thanks - scale is finally moving - took a little longer than I had hoped but certainly trusting more :). Thanks for the support!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 08:34:58 AM »
You can do it Sunshine ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2014, 08:04:13 PM »
I'm officially taking a break from the scale - it's not been easy - so what I did was tried on a few pair of jeans and separated them into 3 piles - too small, just right & too big (baggy).  As I go about getting dressed I know which pile is which and go from there and I seem to be steadily able to wear some I'm the too tight pile (just need a baggies shirt to make it work).  Tonight my hubby commented on my "new" jeans- nope had for years but didn't fit comfortably / it's my daily win!!!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2014, 09:04:14 PM »
Sunshine I did the same thin except with my scrub pants and. Bridesmaid dress for my sisters wedding :) if you go to the main page and type in jeans you will find our convo . Sometimes I putting the scale away and not letting it dictate or define us is the best thing ! ❤️

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 02:06:42 PM »
Hi, Sunshine! :)

Kudos for taking a break from the scale! :) :) :)
Many of us rely MUCH too much on it.

The scale can be our worst enemy... Umpa calls it an evil little box on the floor.
It can ruin an otherwise perfectly good day!

A scale doesn't know the difference between fat, muscle, or water.
All it knows is how much pressure is being exerted on it.

While we lose fat, our bodies temporarily replace the fat with water.
Since water is heavier than fat, the scale might make us think we're not losing (or even gaining).
Exercise will cause some muscle building. Muscle is also heavier than fat.

Using wardrobe as a "progress barometer" of how we're doing works well over longer periods.
It's also important to take complete measurements all around our bodies, often.
Sometimes, one part will lose while others remain unchanged for a short time.

Tony
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:54:43 AM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:37 AM »
Hello all the newbies!  Best wishes in your FTS journey.  Praise God for giving Doug the love for what he is doing.  And Praise God for Umpa for being right beside Doug.  Love you both!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »
We love you all too! ;)

TerranceM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2017, 03:00:12 AM »
Hello all the newbies!  Best wishes in your FTS journey.  Praise God for giving Doug the love for what he is doing.  And Praise God for Umpa for being right beside Doug.  Love you both!

I'm enjoying the low carb diet and being in ketosis but my workouts are suffering because of it. Does anyone here eat carbs before a workout?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 10:32:48 AM by TerranceM »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2017, 05:20:49 PM »
I'm enjoying the low carb diet and being in ketosis but my workouts are suffering because of it. Does anyone here eat carbs before a workout?

Hi, Terrance! :)

Barring any other health complications (hidden or otherwise), if you are living the FTS lifestyle as Doug outlined in his books, you should have MORE energy, not less.

The one exception is during "sugar detox". The period when first starting the lifestyle while the body adjusts to living with much less free-flowing glucose in the bloodstream. This normally can last anywhere from about 10 days to two weeks.

I you are in detox, be patient. The bio-mechanisms in your body are working hard to adjust. This in itself requires a LOT of energy.

But when detox has been achieved, you will notice a HUGE spike in energy levels.
At that point, the body has re-balanced itself to a healthy state.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

GrantWilliams

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2018, 11:42:57 PM »
SHERRIAUBREY welcome to the forum! I am Umpa,Dougs wife .If  you read this amazing phenq review it can help you please ask.I have a column on the  called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly like . You are gonna do great and we are gonna help! ;)

Hi Umpa. I really appreciate the help and support you and Doug are providing. I've just started and I'm fully determined to shed my extra tummy fat. But i've started facing a problem. Mostly while sleeping, I start suffering from severe spasms in my thighs. Might be because of the humid weather that has just started in my country. And diet that you recommend to cure the spasm problem?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 03:23:23 AM by GrantWilliams »

wasaw247

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2018, 08:47:00 AM »
Did you watch the program or just come across that on the web Tony?  ...

Hi, Shawn!

I saw it on the tube then looked it up online... A definite disjoint between the video and following commentary.

I agree about Pat's comments. He has his opinions about things, and among them, dietary regimens.
He clearly does NOT understand how ketosis operates and what a low carb lifestyle can do.
I wonder if he was asleep or using the restroom when Jimmy was telling his story? :-\

This is not the first time Pat's following commentary did not align with the segment he presented.
Although being on target about most things, I believe Pat's getting a bit too old to host the program.
And since his co-hosts are his employee's, they may be a bit reluctant to correct him on the air.

Pat is a good man, with a good heart, who loves the Lord, and the Lord's people.
I pray that the Lord let him gently know it's time to retire and allow his son Gordon to take over the 700 Club.

Tony

Low carb, Low fat and high protein diet has current meal plan of modern people. Checkout the List of Low Carb Foods for Vegetariansbefore taking it up.