Author Topic: Doctor ordered some tests  (Read 8713 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor ordered some tests
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »
My doctor has a holistic view of the body.

When he sees symptoms, he considers the obvious and also how different elements (including psychological) interact.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
Thats the way it should be Tony ;) Our brains can convince the body its ill even when its not.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »
Psychosomatic symptoms are a beast!!! Not that that is what I think is going on with you Michelle because I too was told it was psychosomatic and it wasn't :\
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2013, 09:48:34 AM »
I don't think thats Michelles problem either.D.O doctors take a holistic approach and look at the body as a whole.Not individual symptoms. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2013, 09:50:14 AM »
I don't think thats Michelles problem either.D.O doctors take a holistic approach and look at the body as a whole.Not individual symptoms. :)

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 10:10:03 PM »
Thanks guys. I had a DO when I lived in San Diego but now it's much harder where I live now to find good healthcare. In CA I had no problem finding a doctor but here in rural Nevada it is quite a chore! :( I've been here since '04 and still just have to make do or u have to travel 87 miles to Reno (which I do for one of my doctors!).

So to bring everyone up to speed, I am feeling much better and have found something that helps with the swelling...avoid salt, avoid eating out if possible (tell the cook to hold the salt if I am eating out) and I have to moderate my fluid intake during the day and drink quite a bit more in the evenings. It's tough but most if the time I do okay. At least I know that I am salt sensitive. Irritating and u would like to know why my body responds this way.

On another issue, I got a shot in my shoulder on the 2nd of Aug and two days later I was sick. Like flu with body aches and no energy. I felt just exhausted and didn't hardly get out of bed for three days. I went to the doctor and the theory was that I had a reaction to something in the shot. It did feel different than the one I'd had 10 years prior. I think I'm sensitive to anesthesia (I almost died from anesthesia in child birth) and they put some of that type of stuff in the shot! I found out what when I got the statement/bill. :( I am only now starting to feel my energy come back! Strange experience. On the bright side, it seems to have resolved a lot of my shoulder problem because it feels sooo much better and I shouldn't need surgery. Yay! I also know I will swell more right now too because the Ortho put me on NSAIDs for the next month. Ugh.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »
Yay   :)  for shoulder ugh   :'(  for more meds.

It's  a pain when the govt tells you they limiting numbers of registered Drs when you can't find one when you need them ( that's in Australia).

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 12:57:10 AM »
Hey girl, sorry to hear you are still having problems. The NSAIDs shouldn't make you swell more, quite the opposite, they should keep you from swelling. I am supposed to live on them for my swelling, but I can't because of only having one kidney, which by the way my doctor confirmed I am in some degree of kidney failure :( anyhow thanks for the update and keep posting them! If NSAIDS cause you to swell it has to be an allergic reaction because NSAID stands for Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, I'm sure you know that though, but it's used to treat inflammation. Hope all goes well girl! Oh, also, you don't have kidney problems do you? NSAIDS are killer on the kidneys.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
Hi, Michelle! :)

I'm happy to hear that you're doing better. :) :) :)

Sometime before you had that shot, did you complete a health form that lists allergies?
If you put that anesthetic on the list, it should not have been administered to you!

For some of us, just looking at salt can cause fluid retention.
Sadly, it's added in most prepackaged foods such as ham and other lunchmeats.
When you read labels, check the sodium content BEFORE you eat the food.

NSAIDs can be very dangerous to kidney health (even as far as renal failure).
For other folks out there, unless they're prescribed, use them only occasionally!!!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Doctor ordered some tests
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 10:32:06 PM »
I hope all turns out well for you too ;)

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 09:51:27 PM »
Hey Tony, good questions. I didn't put the anesthetic on the list because I didn't realize it was a sensitivity to it that almost killed me. We all assumed the anesthesiologist had just given me too much or the pump overdid it as my blood pressure went dangerously low so much so they pumped me full of epinephrine at the time to counteract it. It was supposed to be an epidural and when it went to all of my body it was bad. It never occurred to me until I visited my current general practitioner that I could have sensitivity to anesthetics. He had to point it out to me and suddenly it all made sense. Of course this was all after the fact. Now I know to list it in the future! My problem I think is I always have to take much less medicine than they prescribe for someone else of the same weight. I'm a lightweight when it comes to meds lol. Who knows but a reaction or sensitivity makes sense when I stopped to think about what the dr was saying.

TabyTaby - I don't have kidney problems according to the tests I had done at least. So as far as I know I'm good there. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks again everyone for responding to me. :)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 12:01:45 PM »
Michelle, so sorry to hear of all your troubles, sending love and prayers your way.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Thank you! :D Everyone here is just so amazingly sweet and supportive. I wish I could get on here more often.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 10:54:38 AM »
I am glad you figured it out. If you are allergic to anesthesia you should have a medical alert bracelet with your allergies on it  ;)

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
I am glad you figured it out. If you are allergic to anesthesia you should have a medical alert bracelet with your allergies on it  ;)
Oh my goodness what a great idea! I never thought of that! Thank you! I will look into it!

-Michelle