Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 51019 times)

o0OSusieO0o

Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2013, 01:30:23 PM »
Taby, you are amazing, you know that?
Wow, I'm learning so much on here.
I am now keeping track of my carb intake on Sparkpeople.com & use it also to track my water, veggie intake & exercise. Using the Spark Coach program on there now. My carb count has been low so I'm eating salads to bring it up to 20.
Changing my weight loss goal from 135 down to 130.  Giving myself 2 1/2 months to do it. :)
Walked fast pace for 20 minutes today. That's a lot for me, lol.

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2013, 12:52:30 AM »
Thank you TabyTaby! I appreciaye your help. :) What foods have oxalates? I will find out more on Monday hopefully as to my problems. I wouldn't have a problem cutting back on protein, I actually keep my protein fairly low and focus on good fats. I noticed I have more joint pain when I have more red meat. I try to stick with good fats, some chicken (I prefer dark meat though), eggs, dairy, and fish (I love sashimi) and colorful veggies. I don't have much dairy though except some cheese occasionally, butter and of course cream. I probably have a bit too much cream but I love it in my coffee. I really love coconut oil and unsalted butter - both go in my morning coffee (blended) with cream. That's basically breakfast for me lately with SF coffee syrup. If my husband knew what I put in my coffee he would think I'd flipped my lid! However I've been losing inches this week! I'm very happy about it!  I'm less hungry all day if I start my day out that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2013, 09:43:53 AM »
Just type into google low oxalate diets ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2013, 12:47:26 PM »
According to the Cleveland Clinic, the following foods are high in oxalate content:
beets, spinach, rhubarb, strawberries, nuts, chocolate, tea, wheat bran,
and all dry beans (fresh, canned, or cooked), excluding lima and green beans.

We should avoid beets, lima (and most other) beans due to carb content.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2013, 05:02:09 AM »
Sorry...I never got the notification that there was a response on here...yes Tony is right, especially beans and spinach...it's a bit higher than the others like tea. When the ladies I donated for were on dialysis, those foods are strictly off limits! They now very much enjoy chocolate :D Keep us updated okay?
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2013, 07:23:04 PM »
According to the Cleveland Clinic, the following foods are high in oxalate content:
beets, spinach, rhubarb, strawberries, nuts, chocolate, tea, wheat bran,
and all dry beans (fresh, canned, or cooked), excluding lima and green beans.

We should avoid beets, lima (and most other) beans due to carb content.

Tony

Well shoot, I eat quite a few of those items! Spinach, nuts, strawberries, not much chocolate though...:( guess I'd better delve into that to be sure though doc says my kidney function is tip top shape...I don't know at this point!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2013, 09:45:15 PM »
If your kidneys are in good shape, then you are probably okay to consume those friend! My kidney isn't in good shape and I eat quite a bit of spinach and they've told me that's okay because stones is not my risk. Something you can do that may help though if you are still worrysome about eating those foods is to drink 8 oz of water with a half tsp to a tsp full of baking soda :) it lowers the amount of uric acid in the urine and helps prevent and dissolve stones :)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »
Wow, that is cool to know! Thanks! I luckily haven't had a stone since I was 19...so...a long time ago..;) I won't divulge how long ago lol.

I haven't worried about stones for a while but the weird thing is the only thing that helps me with the swelling issue that I've discovered the last week or so has been to reduce my fluid consumption before and during the times I'm traveling or sitting for long periods (like at work or riding/driving in a car). Then after I've either arrived or am in a place where I can put my feet up then ill drink all my water then. So often I guzzle a bit a couple hours before bed or in the evening while relaxing on the couch (not right before bed, that's a recipe for insomnia!). I've tried everything else to try to head off swelling; compression hose/socks, putting my feet up on the dashboard (that's interesting while driving, haha just kidding), diuretics, avoiding salt and all sodium, adding more salt/potassium/magnesium in different amounts, green tea, fasting, you name it. Finally something that's working. My ankles have not disappeared since I've started this and no kidney pain or any sort of discomfort. So far so good. I'm not making myself go thirsty, just not sipping constantly like I used to, just for something to do with my hands, which I would say was probably excessive. I'm going by thirst and that's working well. I read this advice on WebMD but it was for one of those ailments I was studying up on...can't remember if it was for congestive heart failure or renal failure...prob the heart one. I also read that some of the common advice on water consumption is not correct. Drinking til you have clear urine is excessive for some and just too much for some people's bodies to handle. I guess I'm one of those. Just don't let it get to looking like apple juice, that's dehydration. So lesson learned there and apparently everyone is different.

I can't imagine having only one kidney! It can make things challenging I'm sure. However I'm sure the recipient of your kidney is happy that you helped them. :) What a wonderful thing to do. I just hope your one kidney holds out okay for you. :) I'm sure you take extra special care of it.

I am still very interested in how well you do without meat - it fascinates me I suppose. Please share more of your menus! :) I like reading what people eat - its the OCD part of me I suppose lol.

-Michelle

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »
Hi, Michelle! :)

You're so right that no two of us are alike.
We must adjust what we eat and drink to fit our individual requirements.
And we can have too much of any good thing. What's "too much" depends on the individual.

Do you exercise at all?
Sedentary lifestyles create problems for our bodies. In some, fluid retention may be one.
I walk 5 miles every morning before sunrise. And find it invigorating.
I also drink between 64 to 80 ounces of plain water every day (sometimes more).

Tony

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
Michelle...I will tag you in my album and you can see my food :) tonight I had squash and zucchini sliced with red wine vinegar, lemon juice, minced organic garlic, Promise lite butter, and Rao's Vodka sauce :) I let it sautee with a lid in the pan and then just enjoy it :) sometimes I'll have a Joseph's pita with it, now that I found them! I make stuffed pitas with baby spinach, tomatoes, olives, and thin slices of fresh cheese, sometimes Parmesan, Gruyere, Mozzarella, whatever I hanker for :P I carefully slice open the top of the Joseph's pita and stuff it! I'll use olive oil and red wine or lemon juice as a dressing. I'll tag you on my album on FB and you can see pics of my food :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
My Dad has congestive heart failure and the doc limits him to 2 quarts of fluids per day...no more.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2013, 12:48:48 AM »
Soooo I haven't posted an update in a while, but I fell off for a couple days and had to get back on...but I brought a newbie with me who has lost 10.8 pounds in a week, and I've lost 12 pounds since Wednesday ;) I'm at the smallest I've been all year and before my pregnancy! I think I've recruited two more ladies too...one has bought the book, I think the other two are working on it :D So today I made Doug's chocolate cake...it came out a slight bitter to me, I think I'll have to add more sweetener next time, but overall it was good....then I made the cream cheese frosting...mind you I HATE cream cheese, it makes me sick and tastes terrible to me...yeah, it was a definite no go. I kept adding chocolate and sweetener...but it still had that cream cheese tang. BLAH if you hate cream cheese you'll know what I mean. So now I've got cake and no frosting :'( and I still have a heavy whipping cream handicap and can't seem to find the canned anywhere. Bah humbug. Will keep trying tomorrow...but anyways, the weight loss is great! Dinner tonight is Cacio e Pepe!!! In English, and low carb, that's basically spaghetti squash with butter and pepper and parmesan-asiago :) MUAH.

shawn116

« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2013, 10:36:48 AM »
Awesome!! Congratulations on the 12 lb loss Taby!  That is wonderful that you have recruited some folks along with you....I hope they join in on the fun in the forum  ;D

As for the cake....You could melt some sugar free chocolates or chocolate chips and drizzle on top or just go with the other canned versions of spray whipped cream...just get the lowest carb count and watch the amount you use  ;) Also here is a frosting that I have had bookmarked to try but haven't had the time yet......no cream cheese  ;)  let us know how it turns out if you give it a try

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/butter_cream_frosting.html

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2013, 01:46:24 PM »
Kudos on the 12 pound loss, Taby!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree with Shawn that it's wonderful you're sharing the blessings for FTS with folks who need it!
God bless you for helping others!... In so doing, He will help you!

Tony

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »
Thanks everyone :D this morning, I tried the cake again...the cake itself tastes like there's sour cream in it, but there's not :\ the frosting was still disgusting to me, after adding a buttload of other crap...so I'll have to try this one you gave TooSweet...thanks a lot :D