Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 50803 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2013, 01:22:30 PM »
Hi, Taby! :)

Umpa's right! :) :) :)
In fact, if you're following the FTS rules, you NEVER need to count calories for any reason.

I use FitDay software to track what I eat so that I can study how my body responds to various foods and activity levels.
After more than two and half years, two things have become very apparent...

1) I tend to lose the most when my carbs are lowest but fat intake highest.
2) #1 holds true regardless of activity level.

So forget calorie counting... It's part of our culture's myth about what causes obesity.
But our FTS family members, like you, know better! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »
No I'm aware of that, two issues...my fat intake is only about 20 a day. Secondly, if you look a few posts back I talked about my doctor requesting a report of fat, calories, carbs and sodium. I get about 300-500 calories a day, 20g fat, less than 20 carbs and under 1500mg of sodium. I've had black out issues when working out, but if you read back I discussed proving to the doctor I don't get "too" many calories or too much fat each day, I count to prove him a point, but because I can easily get less than 200 calories a day, not intentionally, but because veggies aren't high calorie...so I try to add a few when I can because I've noticed days I don't get close to 500, I feel kind of bad. That was my point. I'm aware I have fat to burn...I carry it around all day LOLOLOL! And the cokes were the problem...down a couple pounds today!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:42:31 PM by TabyTaby »
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2013, 09:18:04 PM »
That's great, Taby!!! :) :) :) :)

Kudos in the highest!!! ;D ;D ;D

I'm thrilled that your progress has really got off the ground!
And you seem to be losing fairly consistently since it restarted.

And I understand that you're trying to find "balance" between your doctor's, and our advice.
So if what your doing is working right now keeps working, and your energy levels are acceptable (or very good, which they should be), keep it up. ;)

Tony

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2013, 09:37:17 PM »
Thanks Tony :) it's going pretty well! Today has been kind of a "bad" day...I got too little sleep and missed my gym work out because I was flat exhausted...but I'll pick back up tomorrow. Today I had what I call a 5 carb salad with shredded lettuce, grape tomatoes, a pickling cucumber peeled and not pickled and parm cheese with 8 olives...a little high sodium but I really wanted those olives LOL. I had six silver dollar sized low carb flat two bite muffins I baked with flax and egg whites and cinnamon and nutmeg...not sure what's for dinner...thinking black bean chili...we shall see ;)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »
Taby, its been reported that the one minute muffin recipe here on the forum makes a good burger bun. I'm with Tony on the wrap though I prefer lettuce over any thing else. If I do want a wrap other than lettuce I use a LaTortilla... As far as the diet pop goes it's obvious that artificial sweeteners are affecting you as they do some people. Why not follow Morgan and TooSweet and break your sweet tooth all together?  ::) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2013, 02:35:19 PM »
Hey Doug! I don't like mixing ketchup with tortilla or lettuce...freaks me out a bit, and I can't get my mind around a tortilla burger, hubby loves it...me, not so much. The only thing with the OMM is that I don't like it with egg, when I initially tried it I was vegan so I nixed the egg, when I made it with egg this time around it tasted so blasted eggy...yuk. Without the egg...it didn't rise big enough, although I may try a different container and could make two :) Yes...those sodas were the culprit and ice cream...I'm down another pound today ;) 235! Doug, even though I didn't make an official swear off of sweets, I haven't had any since I got rid of my sweet products ;) I did make some cinnamon and nutmeg muffins with flax but no sweet. I feel pretty great! Rocking and rolling :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:20 PM »
I too find the omm very eggy so I only use approximately 1/3-1/2 of a beaten egg. I had tried just the white or just the yolk, but found this better.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »
Good idea Morgan thanks!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2013, 09:21:52 AM »
Glad to see those pounds coming off TT :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
THanks Doug :D

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2013, 06:56:07 PM »
Hey TabyTaby, sorry I haven't posted in response to you in a while. I was wondering what your Doctors are doing for you renal failure? I'm wondering because apparently I'm getting tested for that and a few other things right now and I'm sure it was brought on by all of my pregnancies (4) and the hard time I had with them. They're also looking at congestive heart failure so I'm a little nervous. I hope you're doing well. I swell really badly too and often it's disturbing. I'm very sensitive to sodium and nothing helps but drinking less fluid and when I do drink it helps if its green tea. I'm looking into dandelion tea as its supposed to help heal the kidneys. But I don't want to do much until I know what the problem truly is. :(

You're giving me hope though hat I can figure out my problems too! I explained to my doctor what was concerning me and be spent a full hour with me yesterday and ordered lots of tests. I'm glad someone finally listened to me. Other doctors and nurse practitioners in the clinic I go to aren't as helpful. I guess I finally got through. I have a terrible headache today and I'm so thirsty. :( but I'm doing a 24 hr urine test thing so I'm at home because I really didn't want to do that all day t work, I'm usually all over the place and don't want to carry all of the stuff I need for the test with me! That would be weird and really annoying. Lol.

Keep us updated on how you're doing!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2013, 02:51:58 AM »
Hey Happy2bthin! My doctor didn't do anything except tell me to lose weight and recommend a diet that is nearly vegetarian (which I'm already vegetarian), drink a lot of water, watch out for tea because it can cause a build up of crystals and cause kidney stones, and to follow up with my doctor locally and lose fat. My grandmother has 10% kidney functioning, and she was given a few years to live, but she has surpassed that dramatically because she went vegetarian. I'm no doctor obviously, but I would recommend looking up extenuating research that shows vegetarian diets are easier on the kidneys because a kidney that is not functioning properly has a very, very hard time processing a lot of protein :) When I was a social worker at a nursing home, I dealt a lot with renal failure, so I know a good bit about it professionally as well. Watch out for tea except for real green tea and the tea you mentioned...but make sure it's 100% green tea, most green tea is only a fraction green tea...other tea can be deadly to your kidneys. Let us know what you find out! I sent you a message that I couldn't get you on FB. I have two friends my age with congestive heart failure, I know a good bit about that as well...I hope it's not that. I've got to see my doc soon, I just haven't had the money to see him yet :( will soon though. Hope to hear from you soon! God bless!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2013, 09:32:21 AM »
Michelle my mother suffers from kidney disease.The best way to keep the kidneys flushed is lemon aid,not cranberry juice. Dandelion root,burdock root , and stinging nettle(my favorite power herb) are also good.Low oxalate foods too ;)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
Yep Michelle...Umpa's right about those oxalates! Bad bad bad for kidneys. Homemade lemon aid is best if my memory serves me :) keep us updated! She's also right about iron def, I have that too :\

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »
You're right, Taby! :)

Oxalates can even build kidney stones! :o :o :o
As a former stone sufferer, I would not wish that pain on anyone!

Tony