Author Topic: Checking in also  (Read 4073 times)

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
Checking in also
« on: May 25, 2013, 05:21:29 AM »
Hi FTS friends......wanted to let you know I'm out here and still losing and doing well.  I'm down to 257 and just stayed up till 2:00 a.m. to make my revolution rolls and made some browning (that suck -- hopefully they will taste better tomorrow).....I've been too busy, and I can imagine all of you getting ready to remind me I need more rest and sleep.  I think I've overscheduled myself a bit. 

don't have any news other than I'm hanging in there and hope all of you are also......hug

shawn116

Re: Checking in also
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:56:03 AM »
That is great!!!  So glad to hear from you  ;D   What are revolution rolls? 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »
Hi Liz, great to hear from you :) Glad to see you're still well on track.........get some more ZZZZZZZZZZZZ'ssssssss  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »
Hi, Elizabeth! :)

Nice hearing from you again! :) :) :)

We know that stress can stall weight loss (among other negative things).
So be careful not to over-commit yourself to voluntary tasks, which can add undue stress to your life.

I too, am curious... What are revolution rolls?

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 07:45:07 PM »
Me Three!  What are Revolution Rolls??????

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 09:56:35 AM »
Liz you are almost down 40 pounds! That is great! ;D

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 03:49:47 AM »
Me Three!  What are Revolution Rolls??????

It's from Atkins 1972: rolls made from beaten egg whites mixed gently with the yolks and either cottage cheese or cream cheese and are much like a croissant or kaiser roll. I used to make them all the time. :-) They take a little practice and a good hand mixer.

-Michelle

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 09:52:59 PM »
Thanks, Michelle!!! :) :) :) :)

We have a great mixer!
I'm going to try this soon! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
Hi everyone -- I just assumed everyone here already made the rolls -- I don't eat them often, but they sure are great when I want a sandwich.  I've had meatloaf sandwich, and a BLT sandwich, and they are great for french toast.  I make the puffy rolls you see online, but then I make 6 of them in my (I use a big doubled recipe) muffin top pan, and those I use for the french toast. I dug my old kitchen aid out of the back of the cabinet for the egg whites, and then use a hand mixer for the yolks and cream cheese. 

My recipe I found that I use is (doubled from double recipe).  Makes 12 revolution rolls about kaiser roll/hamburger roll size, and 6 muffin tops I use for french toast. 

12 egg whites and 1/2 tsp cream of tarter in the kitchenaid and make them very stiff peaks.
8 egg yolks beaten  with 6 ounces creem cheese softened in microwave bout 30 sec.

Then gently fold the yolk/cream cheese mixture into the egg white mixture. 

Have your cookie sheets already to go previously -- these puppies really can ADHERE to the pan, so use parchment paper. Bake for 30 mins at 300 degrees and then put them on cooling racks to cool.  They need to be stored with wax paper around then so they don't stick. 

They taste better if toasted in the toaster before you use them for a sandwich.  They also taste better the next day after you make them.  My low carb buddy at work says he and his wife make grilled cheese sandwiches with them.  I use two rolls to make a sandwich.  People make these sweet like danishes and savory like garlic and herb bread, etc.  Also, someone took no stick aluminum foil and make some type of six inch roll pan to make them like a subway sandwich roll. 

You're right, I am overcommitted.  And I will unload any activity I can, or change to a day job when I can, but that probably won't happen for a while.  Yes I'm busy, but God is so wonderful to give us grace to handle these things. 

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:56:14 PM »
I've made these a lot too. :-) I have six in my freezer right now with parchment paper between them and they really are good toasted for a sandwich as that fixes the problem with them sticking to your hands when eating them. My favorite is egg salad on these! Yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 04:36:13 AM »
ooooooooooooooo I haven't tried egg salad......and I will soon, but I love tuna salad and don't really like it except on a sandwich so will try that tomorrow.   ;D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Checking in also
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 03:40:03 AM »
I would love to try them Elizabeth!

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 04:41:31 PM »
ooooooooooooooo I haven't tried egg salad......and I will soon, but I love tuna salad and don't really like it except on a sandwich so will try that tomorrow.   ;D
Cool, let us know if you like it! I used to have the trouble of wondering how to thaw them out faster so I could use them more "on the fly" but hadn't figured it out until I toasted them once and not only did the crisp up, it thawed them! Just a little tip from me to you, if you don't already know. ;-)

-Michelle