Author Topic: Sugar-Free Bakery Closes After Sugar Found in Treats. Can You Trust What's.....  (Read 3370 times)

shawn116

Oh man!!  I am so happy to see this!!  Maybe manufactures will pay attention to this and clean up their acts!   ::) ::)  It's about time the FDA started to crack down on them.   Notice though they say they were working on the problem since 2011!!   :o  You would think they could get it straight in that amount of time  :-\

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/sugar-free-bakery-closes-after-sugar-found-in-treats--can-you-trust-what-s-in-your-food--191810062.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:22:08 PM by TooSweet »

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
You just can't trust anything that you don't cook or put together these days, can you!?  :( It's all about the $$$$$$$

shawn116

I don't either Morgan  :(  Something has got to be done though, forget how frustrating it is for those of us trying to watch our carbs for [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/][url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url][/url] reasons......this kind of thing is dangerous for some folks.   Think of all those people that count on those numbers to adjust their medication...I would think this opens them up to liability claims.   :-\
They sell this brand at my local grocery store...I've picked them up before and looked at them once, then put them right back down thinking....shees that isn't sugar free  Haha   The numbers were still too high for me....and now you find out they were probably not true anyway.  Sham on them  >:(
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:41:32 AM by TooSweet »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
I've seen this sort of thing for years and it always aggravates me. The truth is that the FDA is old, antiquated and poorly funded.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yeah!!

o0OSusieO0o

I remember going to a sugar free bakery with my mother when I was in my 20's. I'm sure they were still loaded with carbs. It did shut down after a couple years.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I can't handle the malitol they use.Makes me sick :P

o0OSusieO0o

A little Maltitol doesn't bother me, but too much & I have shooting belly pain.

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
We can't trust them, I think......I've heard that sometimes the "coffee place" employees put real sugar tornini syrup instead of fake sugar syrup

o0OSusieO0o

Yes they do, I have asked Starbucks to show me their syrup they use so I could make sure it was sugar free.

shawn116

I have scared a little girl half to death once that gave me regular coke.....I'm diabetic so I told her that she could kill someone like that!!   :o  She said she never thought of it that way...that she thought everyone drank that if they were just on a diet  >:(   Lets just say she was schooled.  You have to be careful when ordering.  I tend to tell them now that I am allergic to sugar  :-\

o0OSusieO0o

That's good you do that TooSweet, sounds funny being allergic to sugar doesn't it? My daughter has to tell everyone she's on an anti-inflammatory diet. That helps because no one she told has any idea what it is, LOL. If she says "Low carb, Sugar-free" they tell her "what the heck for, you are so skinny". She worked hard to get to her healthy size and the overweight friends don't understand why she would want to be thin. Their parents are overweight too.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Way to go, Shawn!!! :) :) :) :)

Scaring a few young folks will help in our quest to get the word out...

Sugar is TOXIC and DANGEROUS!!!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
That was very dishonest and evil of that company and I'm glad they were shut down as an example to everyone else who would try that number. I tell people and my family that I have an intolerance to sugar and they look like wondering how could I have such a condition alol

o0OSusieO0o

Yep Jay, we are all mentally trained in the world with the "wonders of sugar".