Author Topic: hello everyone  (Read 9129 times)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
hello everyone
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
I am new to this community and I have joined in the rank of fat to skinny ! I have battled midsection weight all my life since my childhood and now having read the book I am losing the weight very fast from 200 lbs to now 186.6 lbs. I already have felt the warmth of this community and I am looking forward to know all of you and be part of your lives and experiences.
Thank You Doug and Sherri (umpa) for being such a blessing in my life through your labor of love through your books, recipes and this wonderful community. ::) ;D :D ;)
[/b][/i][/i]

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:20:38 PM »
Hi Jay! Welcome to the forum. I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask ;) You are doing great!!!! And you are welcome :) Where do you live??

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: hello everyone
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 12:28:15 PM »
Thank you so much for welcoming me. :)
I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia.  I'm so happy to be part of you guys and I love it the life style your husband and you have blessed me with for me to live a more fulfilling life. So I'm grateful to you.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 12:31:04 PM »
Let us know if we can help.i thought you were in Israel. Are you in the military? :)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 12:35:25 PM »
My wife and I were in the military and I have family in Israel but I haven't made aliyah (visited once for every jew) yet lol. We both ended in Virginia due to our military careers and finished our service here and we love the state and the beach as you might surmise lol

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 02:03:27 PM »
Best of luck
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
Welcome Jay! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 03:19:04 PM »
Hi Jay, glad to see you made it to the forum! Enjoy the ride, it only gets better from here :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 07:23:06 PM »
Thank you all and I feel so happy to belong to this beautiful family.  I surely appreciate your welcoming and feel at home already.
I have been plagued with viceral and subcutaneous fat all my life and I felt an ugly complex as growing up even until recently and I would work out and do p90x and insanity and nothing. My arms and legs would be skinny but my stomach would become bigger.  I felt like I was pregnant and when going swimming in a pool or beach I would leave my shirt on for me not to feel embarrassed. I was desperate and not matter what I did my body was refusing to let go of the fat while the rest was shaping into lean and strong muscle! What a misshapen and mysterious situation for me. I would pray to Hashem (G*d) to illuminate me in what I was doing wrong.
I was a vegetarian most of my life and some times and few times did I consumed meat but seldom though. Then I found out about the paleo way of eating and would listen to Jimmy Moore podcast and the paleo community and Dr. Zue in carbohydrates can kill podcast and was convinced that some how that was part of the answer for me so I found out how I was intolerant to gluten and grains and pasta and high contents of sugars in fruits ; so I went the paleo way and stopped all carbs in all forms and my allergies to pollen, rashes on my skin and peptic intestinal bloating and discomfort went away.
The problem with me having the start knowledge of carbs through the paleo community was that I didn't know how to sustain the lifestyle so feeling deprived and not knowing how to substitute carb meals for healthy carb less ones I gave up after 2 or 3 months but some how I knew I had hit on something critical in my life.
And that's when you Doug and Sherri came in my life and my wife's.  We were two weeks ago in Barnes and Noble in Lynnhaven mall looking about exercises and foods and I saw this yellow bright book and while my wife was perusing another food and diet book your book caught my undivided and complete attention and my gut feeling told me as if to know this was the answer to my prayers to buy it.  My wife saw my interest and immediately also caught her attention and told me to get it. From there the rest is history as they say in the English vernacular lol. My wife read the book right away and then I did too and walla! I'm here. You guys offer me the ability of not feeling deprived about food and showing how really carbs really become into teaspoons of sugar and how to substitute foods for me to eat and not feel that I would miss the pleaures of desserts and foods that I enjoy eating and still keep the insulin and fat low. Is like the paleo introduced me the concept but you guys brought me into the living in a tangible and real way that I couldn't do with the paleo one.  So what a blessing you guys are and two weeks already into this lifestyle and for the first time my belly has gone down. Halleluyah!

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »
That is so awesome!!!   ;D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »
Thank you. I myself can't believe it Toosweet but I'm moving forward with you guys! ::)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »
Welcome again, Jay! :) :) :) :) :)

Unlike other programs and diets, FTS offers a lifestyle that we can easily live with the rest of our lives! :)

And that's a critical point!
When I think about how many different diets and programs I tried over the years, my head spins.
With every single one, I would lose some. But ALWAYS put it back on PLUS MORE! :o
That's because they left me feeling deprived.

With FTS, we REPLACE the JUNK that made us FAT with healthy replacements!

I've been living FTS for about 2 1/2 years.
And I will NEVER go back to eating like I used to eat.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »
@mouseissue, thank you so much and I totally agree with you on what you're saying completely. I will never go back to consume regular unhealthy carbs or be a vegetarian anymore.  Vegetarianism doesn't agree with my health and this fts life style is easy and sustainable to me and I love it and my body too. I weighed myself today and I came down to be 178.5 from 186.6 in only 2 weeks of doing this.! This is amazing lol and I not hungry anymore like before having to eat very frequently so now and not a slave to food but can eat for health and pleasure when necessary.  ::);D;):)8):o

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 10:05:33 PM »
I weighed myself today and I came down to be 178.5 from 186.6 in only 2 weeks of doing this.!

That is so awesome!!!!   :D :D :D  Congratulations!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24:57 PM »
Thank you so much Toosweet for your kindness. I couldn't believe it and weighed myself like 3 times lol. I know the scale was not lying because its brand new. I hope at least that it's not! Alol I know the scale is fine but I'm still in amazement because I haven't been this weight since I was in high school. Can you believe it. I love this fts live style!! :o:D:)8)