Author Topic: Chips/Crackers for use with dips (Very Easy)  (Read 10153 times)

beth-bill

• View Profile
Chips/Crackers for use with dips (Very Easy)
« on: February 09, 2013, 10:22:30 PM »
I discovered "Joseph's" Flax, Oat Bran & Wheat Pita Bread.  Each pita has 4 net carbs.  They come in 2 sizes, I find the larger size to be more efficient.  They are soft when in the package, but when toasted they get crispy.  I use scissors to trim the very edge away to open up into two separate circles, then toast lightly (try different settings, I use light to med), while the pita is still hot, use scissors to cut up into small cracker sized pieces.  they cool down and get crispy very quickly.  One whole pita will make about 20 toasted crackers and the total carb count is 4. 

"Joseph's" Flax, Oat Bran & Wheat Pita Bread is great for pita sandwiches.  Use 1/2 a pita for one sandwich, 2 net carbs.  Could also be used for sandwich wraps by cutting edges off with scissors to open up into two circles.

NOT GLuten free.

I found this pita bread at the grocery story (Publix in Florida).  They also have a website.

shawn116

Re: Chips/Crackers for use with dips (Very Easy)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:19:31 AM »
Hi Beth-bill   Welcome to the forum  :)    The Joseph's are wonderful aren't they?  You can probably also find them at your local Walmart.  These make the best personal size pizza crusts too ;D     If you do a search in the forum from the home page, I'm sure you will find other awesome ways to use them.   ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:05:24 AM »
That's exactly what I had for dinner last night. Took the Josephs out of the toaster oven when golden brown layed on a couple slices of white American cheese and Italian seasoning, folded it over in half and enjoyed a crunchy quesadilla  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:10:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum beth-bill! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask ;) I keep a pack of these in my car so if I want a cheeseburger  or deli sandwich(Subway) while I am out I got the bread.Wicked filling too ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 12:42:23 PM »
Welcome, beth-bill.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, beth-bill!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Joseph's Flax pitas are a staple at our house.
We use them for all sorts of things hot and cold.

One of my simple favorites is a simple canned tuna fish sandwich with shredded cheddar and lettuce.
The day before, I prepare the tuna fish with mayo, diced celery, onion flakes, dill relish, and  Lawry's Seasoned Salt.
When ready to eat, I just mix it a bit, and serve! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »
Welcome beth-bill.

We don't have these in Australia, sighhhhhhhhhh  :(

Lderrick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 12:07:16 AM »
I am wondering if anyone has heard of "Mary's Gone" crackers?  A nutritionist told me about these for a low carb diet.  Any comments? 

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 01:13:44 AM »
I am wondering if anyone has heard of "Mary's Gone" crackers?  A nutritionist told me about these for a low carb diet.  Any comments?

I took a look at these on their web page http://www.marysgonecrackers.com/your-products/crackers

While they look delicious....for me they are still just a bit too high in carbs.  I'm pretty stingy with how I spend my 20  :D  Haha  Most of these work out to be just under 1.5 net carbs for each cracker.  A serving being 13 crackers with 21g total carbs - 3g fiber = 18 net carbs.  You can see how it could get out of hand very quickly

AliciaInTX

Re:
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 10:14:28 AM »
Super excited! I found these at the store the other day bit was worried about hidden carbs.  If Doug gives them a thumbs up,  they must be good! I'm excited to make them into crackers so I can have something to snack on at the pool today!  Thanks for the idea!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 08:44:30 AM »
I like the Josephs high fiber products, just be sure to choose the low carb items :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)