Author Topic: TooSweets meal plan 1/23/13-1/26/13  (Read 15566 times)

shawn116

TooSweets meal plan 1/23/13-1/26/13
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:21 PM »
Hi all  :)

I thought maybe it would help some of the newbies if I would post my meal plans.  It might give them an idea of what some of the folks that have been in the FTS lifestyle for a while handles their day.  Maybe some others can post theirs along with me  ;)

I'll come back and post the rest of the week here as well.  

My day so far: 1/23/13

Morning:  6 am
Not hungry so I just had coffee and a hard boiled egg (.5 net carbs) and my multi-vitamin
Ice water after brushing teeth  ;D

10 am Ice water  

After noon:  1:30 pm

left over pulled pork on 1/2 low carb Joseph's peta (2 net carbs) and 1/2 cup my Mock KFC cole slaw http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4614.30 (2 net carbs) Water to drink.

3:00 pm Ice water

Tonight:  I made this chicken soup because I wasn't feeling well tonight.   http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4139.0 I'm only counting it as (.5 net carbs) because I used regular hot sauce instead of the Picante sauce.

I always have a sweet tooth at night so.... Jello with whipped topping for tonight and herb green tea (0 net carbs)

Ice water before bed

This will make 5 net carbs for me today.    
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:31:33 PM by TooSweet »

jetfan

• View Profile
Re: TooSweets meal plan 1/23/13-1/26/13
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:22:25 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I had chili it was good.  ;)
Does the ice water speed up weight lost.   I heard it helps?
Also, wow that does look like, a low amount of calories. ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:29:00 PM by jetfan »
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:15:38 PM »
I believe the ice water does help.  Your body burns more trying to keep your temp in the normal range, but mostly the water helps to keep you hydrated and flushes out the fat.  For me it helps keep the kidney stones away  ;D

You are probably right about the calories.  I don't worry with them though...just the net carbs.  At the moment I am fighting a nasty cold so I'm really not interested in snacking and such so my calories are probably going to be low until I feel better.  As a matter of fact I ended up making myself some chicken soup instead of the steaks.  Chicken soup helps the cold to go away faster right??  ;D  I've made the changes in the post.

I'm glad you enjoyed your chili!  Did you find the soy beans or make it without?

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 08:35:27 PM »
I hope you feel better soon TooSweet.  Thanks for sharing what you ate today, the cauli mash sounds so good.  I like mock mashed potatoes with cauliflower, very good choice.  Here's what I've had so far today:
 11:45am Whey shake
1:30pm I had a large lunch with a friend today at a Mongolian Grill...made it low carb had chicken with veggies in plenty of sesame oil...only used curry sauce, coconut milk, lemon, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and a little peanut sauce, liberal with the oil.  It was great and I ate plenty of it.  ...I did eat through the night last night though, trying to keep it small and low carb.  Up and down in the bed all the time.
I bought Land 'O Lakes whipped cream and it says 0 carbs and 0 sugar, but sugar is the 2nd ingredient and it says it's sweetened.  I've been eating and eating it...I know that can't be right.I bought some sugar free hard candy today for my sweet tooth.  If I eat too much of that, I get diarrhea so I need to limit it.
I can't help but feel I'm doing this all wrong.  I feel I'm eating too many calories.  I still can't reach myself to wipe myself, I know I haven't lost even a pound, I can tell.  When hungry, I drank zero soda (stevia sweetened), water, all kinds of things...the hunger was real.
Thank you for the help.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
My meal plan for -

*Tues 22 Jan -

About 11am- 100g bacon/1 x egg/tspn mayo = 2.1c

About 4pm - Coffee with cream = 1c/some leftover roast pork =0

About 8.30pm - 6 x chicken wings with sf sauce and butter = 2c

10ish - coffee with cream/ parmesan cheese = 1c

Total 6.1c (busy day - skipped the veggies it seems)

(bacon, cream and mayo all have carbs here in Australia)

*Wed 23 Jan

9am - Leftover quiche/tomato = 4.3c

1pm snack - 2 slices shaved salami/nibble of feta/coffee w cream = 1.5c

3pm - stirfry beef & veggies with noodles = 3.1c

9pm - ovenbaked version of the fried pizza = 2.7 c

Total 11.6c

Room temp water (ice water just gives me an instant sore throat) during day - 2 litres

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »
6pm...on top of what I ate today already...whey shake with flax and chia, mongolian grill with friend, now eating about 12 Flackers with 3 thin slices Meunster cheese with a chocolate "shake" made with cacao (1/2 TBSP), stevia, choc. very low carb whey powder and chia seeds.
I feel I'm gaining weight not losing, eating way too many calories for sure.  BUT if I eat in a way where I have to worry about calories, I will fail.

Yikes...help

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »
Thanks Marian  :)  This darn cold is actually round 2 and kicking my tush this time...Haha  I'll be heading to the doc soon.  I'll get there though...

Try looking at your Walmart for the whipped cream.  Ours just started stocking the sugar free one.  But you can also make your own very easily.  Pour some heavy whipping cream in a dish with some vanilla or what ever flavor you like and some stevia to taste and whip it up with your hand mixer.  It will keep in your fridge nicely or freeze for a yummy frozen treat. 

You did great eating out today!!  I love to go to the Mongolian grills.  Sooooo good  ;D  About the candy giving diarrhea....consider it self policing thing.  Keeping from having more servings then you should have.   I don't believe you are doing it wrong...You just need to give it some time for your body to adjust.  Keep posting your meal plans for each day....we will help you find where you may need to adjust things. 

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 09:06:47 PM »
Good menus Morgan! 
(bacon, cream and mayo all have carbs here in Australia)
  I'm so sorry...that must be frustrating  :-\ 

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 09:15:50 PM »
Thank you Morgan for posting and thank you TooSweet also...get thee to the doctor.  Ugh. Colds are miserable.  I'm sorry.  I hear you,but I know in my heart I am eating a ton of calories.  I don't know how in the world to stop.  I just want to eat and eat and eat.  I really do keep it low carb.  I have to do better somehow.  I'm at a loss and worried (you all know by now that I'm a worry wart...badly, and I wish I didn't feel that way but I have PTSD).  I am pretty sure I've upward of 2000 or 3000 calories today and I'm not even done.  I used to do this years ago...I used to eat, every single day...no breakfast (wasn't hungry), for lunch a chicken breast, salad, veggies and a cup of brown rice.  For dinner same thing with salmon and instead of rice, a sweet potato with butter.  20 mins. of walking daily.  I lost 2 and a half pounds per week like clockwork.  When I wanted some breakfast, I would have a bowl of quinoa (that's a lot of carb) with flax oil on it.  My mood was better, my weight loss was great.  I hated the food, awful.  Now there are so many great and tasty things to eat low carb...stevia, cocoa, cheeses (I don't like to eat dairy but I need it with FTS), all kinds of great things...I LOVE these Flackers (I have to make them myself and whip my own cream), BUT EVERYTHING seem to be a trigger food for me.  Do I have to eat bland and tasteless food the rest of my life?  I'm also a hot wing fanatic.   I know I can eat almost all I want of those...I could live on those with Frank's hot sauce and blue cheese.  I feel I am still failing and still very fat.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 09:17:34 PM »
You better believe it TooSweet - I tried making the 5 min gooey yummy choc brownie of Sherripies? which should be almost 0 but costs me 4.4c because of the cream  :(  Just have to work around things, but means I have to measure the cream, not just pour.  Even the pure cream has carbs - I think it is the thickeners/stabilisers that they use.

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »
I hear your frustration girl.  All will be well though.  Don't worry with the calories just concern yourself with the carbs.  You will drive yourself crazy if you try and keep up with both.  Can you tell me how you are consuming  2000 or 3000 a day?  You must be taking in things that you aren't posting  ???  Check this post out http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=4587.0

And remember Doug's 5 rules to GUARANTEE Success

1- ONLY EAT WHEN YOU ARE TRULY HUNGRY
2- EAT A SMALL PORTION OF LOW SUGAR FOODS FROM THE FAT TO SKINNY BOOK
3- WAIT 15 MINUTES AND SEE HOW YOU FEEL
4- IF YOU'RE STILL HUNGRY AFTER 15 MINUTES EAT A LITTLE MORE AND WAIT ANOTHER 15 MINUTES
5- STAY UNDER 20 CARBS PER DAY....EVERY DAY, LESS IF YOU DON'T SEE MOVEMENT ON THE SCALE

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 09:32:06 PM »
You better believe it TooSweet - I tried making the 5 min gooey yummy choc brownie of Sherripies? which should be almost 0 but costs me 4.4c because of the cream    Just have to work around things, but means I have to measure the cream, not just pour.  Even the pure cream has carbs - I think it is the thickeners/stabilisers that they use.

I would be crying so hard  :'( :'( :'(  I wish I could send you some  ;)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »

I would be crying so hard  :'( :'( :'(  I wish I could send you some  ;)

You so kind. It's the thought that counts  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »
Marian did you read the book? :)

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »
Toosweet, W/O the beans.
Didn't get to the store. ::)
Hope you feel better.
Try Vitamin D . :) :)
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.