Author Topic: I'm Starting Again  (Read 20200 times)

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm Starting Again
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:49 AM »
You're absolutely right, Tony!  I was so excited to  have a new scale and back on plan that I couldn't help myself!  How frequently do you suggest I weigh - weekly, biweekly, monthly?

Kim - recipe coming up.

TooSweet - thanks so much!  It's always nice to have confirmation that a plan works.
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 09:04:55 AM »
You are doing great! ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 09:05:27 AM »
Hello Itsoversugar, couple of things.... Remember in the book how I keep your meals rolling over from dinners into lunches, into snack trays etc...? By following this method you really cut way back on your food bill. When a beef roast is on sale buy it. Roast it off for your family then set yourself up some snack trays, sliced meat for lunches and even frozen portions or TV dinners. a couple days later it may be a Pork roast that you do the same with, or whole chickens on sale. Turkey's are a very inexpensive source of great protein. I buy them and quarter them up I'll roast 1 quarter at a time. This cuts way down on cooking time and limits leftovers to just enough. I see London Broil steaks on sale all the time and they are my fav for the grill and for jerky so when on sale I'll grab 2-4 steaks. Keep your fruits limited to Strawberries, Blackberries and Avocado....  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 01:58:06 PM »
... How frequently do you suggest I weigh - weekly, biweekly, monthly? ...

Hi Itsoversugar! ;)

That depends on how the scale readings effect you.
If you don't mind watching them bounce around, weigh as often as you like.

But, if the scale effects your mood or attitude, I would suggest no more than biweekly.
And if you're really sensitive to them, monthly.

And don't forget to take your measurements on a regular basis!
We often shrink while the scale readings are dead still.

Losing weight is more than pounds lost... It's, more importantly, getting and staying healthier! ;D ;D ;D
If you can remember that FTS is a means for you to live a longer, healthier, and happier life,
the scale will take a minor role to that.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

MarkMoxom

• View Profile
    • LowCarb Mag
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:48 PM »
Thanks everyone! 

Back from the grocery haul and my pockets are much, much lighter!  Food is so expensive nowadays!! I spent $140.  Aside from a pack of toilet paper, this is what I got:

1 bag frozen chicken breast
1 bag frozen chicken tenderloin
1 bag frozen chicken wings
1 family size pack of chicken thighs
6 lbs ground beef
2 rolls of breakfast sausage
2 pks bacon
summer sausage
4 cans green beans
3 limes
2 bunches green onion
celery
snow peas
bok choy
2 doz eggs
sea salt
heavy cream
2 English cucumbers
shredded cheeses (1 triple cheddar mix and 3 sharp cheddar)
block cheese (1 medium cheddar and 1 pepper jack)

And for the family:
sugar and kool aid

How ridiculous is that!?  Maybe it's time to start buying in bulk.  Gotta look around and see what I come up with.

Hi Itsoversugar!

That's a really great shopping list you got there, practically not a carbohydrate in sight, well, apart from the Kool Aid and the sugar for the family.

I used to have a problem getting good meat and so forth until I tried some of the mail-order meat producers especially the ones that produce the grass-fed beef and other naturally raised animals for the table. I found that their quality of meat is far superior to that I could find locally and because I could buy it in bulk, it turned out to be cheaper as well and oftentimes carriage was free or included in the price.

Hope that helps,

Mark
Editor of LowCarb Mag
http://lowcarbmag.com/

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 06:40:24 AM »
Hello Itsoversugar, couple of things.... Remember in the book how I keep your meals rolling over from dinners into lunches, into snack trays etc...? By following this method you really cut way back on your food bill. When a beef roast is on sale buy it. Roast it off for your family then set yourself up some snack trays, sliced meat for lunches and even frozen portions or TV dinners. a couple days later it may be a Pork roast that you do the same with, or whole chickens on sale. Turkey's are a very inexpensive source of great protein. I buy them and quarter them up I'll roast 1 quarter at a time. This cuts way down on cooking time and limits leftovers to just enough. I see London Broil steaks on sale all the time and they are my fav for the grill and for jerky so when on sale I'll grab 2-4 steaks. Keep your fruits limited to Strawberries, Blackberries and Avocado....  8)
I do remember from the book, problem is, I'm the only woman in a family of males (3) and they all are heavy meat eaters. If I don't put some aside for lunch the next day, there won't be any leftover! I've tried serving less to save more for later, but they all complain they are hungry if there's not lots of protein. Sometimes my oldest son will ONLY eat meat for a meal.  I know my grocery bill would be less expensive if it weren't for that.

I do try to buy things that are on sale, but I also tend to simply buy what we're all in the mood for, whether it's on sale or not. Well, since I'm the one who does all the grocery shopping, maybe I'll have to change what I buy and how much is served and let them adapt to it. 

I'm with you on the fruit. That is exactly what I buy, plus maybe blueberries every now and then.
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 06:43:57 AM »
That depends on how the scale readings effect you.
If you don't mind watching them bounce around, weigh as often as you like.

But, if the scale effects your mood or attitude, I would suggest no more than biweekly.
And if you're really sensitive to them, monthly.
Tony
The scale does drive me crazy if it doesn't read what I think it should. I'm thinking biweekly might be a good choice. Thanks Tony!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:47:45 AM by Itsoversugar »
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 06:56:10 AM »
I used to have a problem getting good meat and so forth until I tried some of the mail-order meat producers especially the ones that produce the grass-fed beef and other naturally raised animals for the table. I found that their quality of meat is far superior to that I could find locally and because I could buy it in bulk, it turned out to be cheaper as well and oftentimes carriage was free or included in the price.
It's been quite awhile since I've checked out prices online. They've always been more expensive than I could get locally. Where do you order from?
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 07:00:41 AM »
Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast - breakfast sausage balls with 1 hard boiled egg, coffee with zero and heavy cream

Lunch - summer sausage with cheese and a cucumber salad (made with english cukes, tomato, green onion, olive oil, lemon juice and basil)

Snack - the cream cheese/jello fluff dessert from the desserts and sweets forum. I made it with sugar free peach jello. It was delicious!

Dinner - cajun seasoned baked chicken thigh with broccoli and cheese

It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 08:28:18 AM »
Welcome MarkMoxom! I am Umpa Dougs wife if I can help you please ask. :) I have a column on the homepage where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Enjoy the forum :)

shawn116

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
Welcome to the forum MarkMoxom  :)   I'm curious where you order your meat as well

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 04:33:36 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Mark!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

We are blessed to live around a LOT of ranchers.

We buy our beef by the side and save a good deal of money compared to stores prices.
And we get the prime cuts too!... Those are the ones usually reserved for restaurants only. ;D

Tony

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »
You're lucky to have such a good source, Tony!

Here is my menu today:

Breakfast - 2 strips of bacon, 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch - Salad with romaine, cucumber, green onion, tomato, snow peas, 1 egg and a light sprinkle of sharp cheddar. Dressing was olive oil and fresh lemon juice mixed with chili, onion and garlic powders, crushed red pepper, cilantro, cumin, and oregano.

Dinner - garlic parmesan wings with celery dipped in Cracked Pepper Salad Dressing
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »
Good Job :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 04:28:50 PM »
Doing great, Itsoversugar! :) :) :) :) :)