Author Topic: How To Eat GREAT At Burger King :)  (Read 38296 times)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How To Eat GREAT At Burger King :)
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 08:55:41 AM »
we just had a BK open up 45 miles away where I work...it was a BIG deal LOL  ;D When I went in, they actually have a "low carb" option, where they do not give you the bun, you still have to request they leave out the ketchup..but Oh, how happy was I! I eat a double whopper w cheese and a side salad for my friday afternoon meal..it's great :) and yes, Owensmom, I have done the exact same thing with the sausage croisant...when I can force myself to eat breakfast that is! hehehe Have great day everyone:)

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »
all sounds good but how many carbs in that cheap fast food cheese?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 08:39:01 AM »
Each slice of American cheese is 1/3 rd of a carb  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 09:24:41 AM »
Actually according to their websites, a slice of cheese on a Burger King sandwich is 1 carb per slice, McDonalds says each slice of cheese on their sandwiches is 2 carbs per slice, and Wendy’s says their cheese is zero carb which I find hard to believe, so now I doubt all fast food nutritional claims. I have found that generally that the better quality of the cheese, the less carbs it has, so I checked my favorite cheese, Land-O-Lakes white American cheese and that is great tasting cheese and it’s 2 carbs per slice. So that makes me think the cheap cheese at the fast food places is probably actually more than 2 carbs per slice. Kraft Deli Deluxe American Cheese (their top of the line expensive cheese) says it is zero carbs, yet Kraft American Singles are 2 carbs per slice. I also checked some of the cheap American cheeses and they were 2, 3 and some even 4 carbs per slice. One last thing I noticed was that the fat free cheese had more carbs than the regular cheese, kinda like milk is that way too. So if I had to bet, IMHO I’d say all fast food cheese is at least 2 carbs per slice, prolly more like 3-4 carbs per slice in reality.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »
Excellent FTS police work....well done :)

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 12:06:34 PM »
So if I’m correct and the cheap cheese is actually 4 carbs per slice, this could get really bad. Like I sometimes get 2 double cheese burgers at McD’s and toss the buns. It’s only $1 each so it's so tempting, and filling but it each one has 2 slices of cheese, that’s 4 carbs X 4 slices, to make potentially 16 carbs, inhaled in about 2 minutes. I think I’ll get hamburgers instead and sometimes just use my own cheese

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »
That's the answer...if you're concerned about the cheese just skip it. :)

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »
Watching Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution recently he talked about the % of (vs. “fillers”) and the quality of beef used in hamburgers in the USA, the whole Taco Bell thing a few weeks ago, and this convo, makes me wonder what we are eating at McD’s and BK, etc. Is it 100% beef? Hmmmm. N E 1 know? Thoughts?                   

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
Thank You for the Awesome information.  Do you have a Hardee's in your area?  They have Chicken Club and Thickburger's locarb wrapped in lettuce.  I am also fond of Subway salad's. 

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 12:50:54 PM »
no Hardee's even close, i wish :), thanks tho

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »
So if I’m correct and the cheap cheese is actually 4 carbs per slice, this could get really bad. Like I sometimes get 2 double cheese burgers at McD’s and toss the buns. It’s only $1 each so it's so tempting, and filling but it each one has 2 slices of cheese, that’s 4 carbs X 4 slices, to make potentially 16 carbs, inhaled in about 2 minutes. I think I’ll get hamburgers instead and sometimes just use my own cheese

Hi F2S-Awesome! :)

This is why I believe it not a good idea to make fast food a staple in one's diet.
Like foods with sugar alcohols, it's for OCCASIONAL consumption only.

But if you plan to have some, it pays to do your homework (like you have F2S-Awesome) so you know, in advance, how many carbs you will be eating.
What you do today is what matters!

F2S-Awesome

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 01:07:52 PM »
Yes good point, thanks. If had $, I’d open a nationwide chain of fast food that good for you. For people with no time, but that want good healthy food including many low carb/low sugar options. Amazing no one has capitalized on this yet, it’s a no brainer and would do billions in sales for sure.

gpod97

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 10:58:10 AM »
Gee, what a GREAT idea! Why didn't I think of that? As my husband would say, "that's why they pay you the big bucks!" LOL  :) Will remember this for sure!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »
Keep some low carb tortillas in the car.then you can eat at just about any fast food restraunt.I like Arbys too ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »
Keep some low carb tortillas in the car.then you can eat at just about any fast food restraunt.I like Arbys too ;)

Hi Umpa! :)

I've tried keeping low carb tortillas in my car. But they would get funky after about a week.
Maybe it's the wet climate around here?
What you do today is what matters!