Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 17129 times)

skychant

• View Profile
Motivation
« on: August 20, 2012, 08:58:57 AM »
I found this poem amongst some papers while cleaning over the weekend.

Motivation for weight loss

Make short term goals
                                                  Out with the negative thoughts
                                                  Think of why you want it
                                                  Imagine how you will feel
                                                  Visualize the future you
                                                  Acknowledge your successes
                                                  Treat yourself with respect
                                                  Investigate new ideas and foods
                                                  Observe your healthy lifestyle
                                                  Never give up and never give in

Author Unknown

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:04:38 AM »
I LOVE THIS!I love watching women get their confidence back as they lose weight. They take back their power :)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »
self worth has alot to do with it too Umpa

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:27:56 AM »
That is true ;) a lot of women don't realize though you give your power away,nobody can take it  :)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 07:36:23 PM »
Exactly Umpa! I totally feel like I have reclaimed my personal power! You guys help with that a lot too! Tawanda!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
I love that movie!!  :D Love me some fried green tomatoes too! :)

Ann B

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:50:47 PM »
The motivation to finally stay with rules of eating that serve me was easy to attain once having it explained so simply.
The side benefit was to regain/gain real self confidence, and at times even feels like I'm not being nice. But, it's more likely I've been Miss Too Nice for too much of my life. Setting and maintaining normal boundaries still feels unusual to me.
But, I'll take a wild guess that those people of character who have long been self-confident, it's more likely they expect others to be self-confident, too.
And it's more likely that family/friends who've used your lack of confidence for their gain are the only ones who will express disappointment with your positive changes.
Don't explain yourself, your actions, your inaction if you are simply being kind to yourself with how you use your time, money, etc.
Be kind, but first to yourself. You have the power/decision to choose whom you will serve as your community service, etc.  Serving others is always good for us, but limits are important so that our service has value....rather than expected.
OK, I'm off the soap box.  Take it or leave it.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
Yeah You! ;D

Emmitt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 10:03:16 PM »
I love this poem!! I am going to save it to remind myself.   I have been on a bumpy road lately!!  Not losing but gained 5 pounds since I was sick about a month ago.  Lately, I have been feeling angry because of my cancer and other issue.  I could use your support and please remind me to stay on the track! 

shawn116

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 10:32:57 PM »
I can understand feeling angry Emmitt.....just know that we are always here if you need  ;)  I'm hoping you are feeling better

Ann B

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 01:21:20 AM »
Emmitt,
I have been feeling like my energy isn't quite like it should be by now (like I lost ground somehow) and was reading Zoe Harcombe's book, The Harcombe Diet.  She covers food intolerance (not to be confused with life threatening food allergy), candida and hypoglycemia.  When she explained hypoglycemia, that made sense for me. So got some of the books she suggested for further reading. The first one I'm reading is Hypoglycemia: The Disease Your Doctor Won't Treat by Jeraldine Saunders and Harvey M. Ross, M.D. 1989 copy...although there is a 2002 revised version.
With correct diet (FTS is the correct diet) there are stages of improvement of hypoglycemia. I'm just in the second period (third stage) where I makes plans, thinking I have energy, but don't have the energy when the day of my planning arrives.  All very normal.
That same book notes that when we are under stress we will have sweet or starch cravings. That made sense to me as I'd noticed it, but ate correctly anyway.
However, under stress our body is putting out excess cortisol which can make us gain weight, regardless of proper eating.  Hang in there.  Excess cortisol is anti-health can cause cancer.
You didn't ask, but check out (or not)  www.raypeat.com for articles on cancer and bio-identical hormones, higher vitamin and mineral supplementation that may help you become well again.
He does nutritional consulting by phone, email or in person. 
If I were in your shoes, I would consult him. His articles  and books have helped me recover my health many times....all due to poor nutrition.  FTS is the right diet to lose excess fat, but too much cystein (in meats can be  problem) so a tweeked diet and expanded nutritional supplements may be very helpful to give you a tune up to eliminate cancer. 
Cancer are cells that have forgotten to die and go away...just keep building on themselves and then develop a support system to keep them alive..and growing.
All the best,
Ann

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Audra,
Your emotions are so normal under the circumstances.  Since you know you feel better when you eat low carb, that's one thing you can do that is positive and that you can control.  You are in my prayers.

And do let us know when you need a few words of encouragement.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 09:11:48 AM »
Thats right , we are always here for you ;)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »
     I need to read this poem every week until I have it memorized.

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Motivation
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 05:06:46 AM »
Emitted,  that's some good information you're finding out in your reading!