Author Topic: WHEN AUNT FLO COMES TO VISIT!!  (Read 10829 times)

Mocha00

• View Profile
WHEN AUNT FLO COMES TO VISIT!!
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »
Ok.. so last week was a very bad week for me. I practically ate everything that I shouldn't have because of the cravings I get during that time of the month. The 2 main things I crave are potato chips and chocolate! Now here is the catch... due to the caffeine that's in chocolate, for the betterment of that time, I am supposed to stop eating chocolate at least 3-4 days before my period starts because chocolate gives me the worst cramps imaginable!! One time I had menstral cramps 5 different places in my body.. and I swear if there was a gun close by I would have shot myself to relieve the pain!! Since I have started this method I have noticed a major difference.. sometimes the cramps are barely noticeable. Though this helps me, I still crave chocolate, and usually when my cycle is done, I am double doing it because I have been craving the stuff for 5 or more days! What I find myself doing is trying to find things to substitute what I really want.. such as cake, cookies (usually oatmeal), etc. I tried making some sugar free oatmeal cookies and they were the worst cookies I ever ate in my life! I am not a huge fan of pork rinds but I can at least substitute that for the potato chips. I guess my question is.. does anyone have some excellent creamy, savory, sweet types desserts I can eat that's within the plan? Also, how do you girls cope with this time of the month? Any advice will suffice!! I am now back on track with my low carb.. and I want to stick with it because I feel so much better since I have started. My stomach does not feel as bloated, I don't feel sluggish, etc. I just need serious help for this time of the month.

Mocha00

• View Profile
Re: WHEN AUNT FLO COMES TO VISIT!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention... I HATE WHIP CREAM!! So any recipe with that is a no go..lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »
The Fat to Skinny Bakery Book. I like peanut butter fudge or red velvet cake during that time. i also drink lemonade .Lotsa leafy green veggies will replace the iron. ;) Snyders pretzels makes a chip called soycrisps.

Mocha00

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
Thanks Umpa.. I didnt know there was a FTS Bakery book! Are some of the recipes in the book on here? Where could I find this book.. this could be a lifesaver!

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »
I do the five minute brownies in the microwave. They are AMAZING and hit that oooey gooey chocolately spot. The no bake cookies are great too. My quick fix has to be diet root beer. All of the above feel like guilty pleasures.

I hope you feel better soon!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
Just for the record.....Umpa's red velvet cake recipe is da bomb!!!!   omg....you gotta try it.   ;)

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
Hi Mocha00  Here is the link to order the bakery book http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com/product.sc;jsessionid=5248AD3367A60296F1B07492C9A8C29D.qscstrfrnt01?productId=10&categoryId=1  Once you have 50 posts you can get a free book so keep posting  ;)  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=15.0  and don't forget to check out the recipe section.  There are lots to try out there.  I think my favorite quick go to has got to be the one minute muffin though.  It's so versatile

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 08:43:11 AM »
This is in the Bakery Book. Its a cake I did last year for grandson.One side is red velvet the other is dutch chocolate.Yummy! Don't forget about root beer floats ;)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 09:50:50 AM »
Free Bakery Book you say?? 8)

Mocha00

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »
Thanks guys! ;D This helps a lot! Unfortunately I can't have anything with caffeine that time of the month (root beer, pepsi, chocolate, coffee, etc). At the VERY most I can have tea. I will definitely be trying these recipes especially the red velvet cake!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 07:28:59 PM »
Root beer does not have caffeine.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 09:37:22 AM »
Correct Andrea ;)
Yes Suzanne free book for every 50 posts.There is a board on the homepage.Just let doug know what you want ;)

Ann B

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »
Thanks for the reminder of the Root Beer Floats.  Several months back, the grandson wanted a treat. I offered ice cream, but had none. So just heavy cream with a little regular Root Beer was on target in the sipper cup (we have carpet throughout).

As I've never been a regular soda pop drinker, it didn't occur to me to get sugarless Root Beer. Now I will, and we can all enjoy a healthy for us non-sugar treat/snack when hungry.  And as it's not with regular ice cream it won't be sickeningly sweet.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »
My grandson eats sugarfree and is a very calm kid ;)

Ann B

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
A few liters of sugared soft drink is what we had on hand....purchased prior to FTS.  We are letting the sugared stuff get used up by visitors until it's gone.  I cannot even remember who bought it and why. Ha!