Author Topic: What convinced you to try FTS?  (Read 3811 times)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What convinced you to try FTS?
« on: May 30, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »
It's a slow forum day so I'm asking this question because I was approached by a co-worker yesterday.  She is diabetic and over-weight.  I'm on my way to pick up a copy of Doug's book because I keep buying them and passing them on and don't have one at the moment.  She said she'll take a look.

What made you take the plunge?  What "argument" made a difference?

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: What convinced you to try FTS?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »
Today is my first day on FTS. I have diabetes, needing to lose 130+ pounds. I like that FTS is low carb but we are not restricted to a small list of foods like some other plans.
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What convinced you to try FTS?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »
I went to a new doctor.  He was very blunt and to the point that I needed to lose weight.  He recommended FTS to me.  When my blood work came back prediabetic and cholesterol of 300, it scared me!  I've done Weight Watchers, Cabbage Soup, Juice Fasts, South Beach... Pretty much, you name it!  I figured, oh well, I'll look at it, it can't be any bigger of a waste of money than any of the others!  And here I am a year + later.  I was stuck for many months after losing my first 40lbs, and fluctuated about 4lbs up and down during that time.  I'm now losing again, and sticking to it.  Bottom line, it works.  It's easy.  And if you fall off the wagon, you know how to get back on!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
Great to hear from you Jen.  It's good to hear you are doing okay.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »
I'd been praying for YEARS for a solution to my obesity, type II diabetes, etc..

Then one day, I saw Doug on the 700 Club TV program... The Lord told me to PAY ATTENTION!
I did!... And the rest, as they say, is history! ;D
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:21 PM »
Actually it was by chance (or divine intervention), I was looking up a book that I had heard of - another weight loss one (can't even remember what it was called now) - and on the page was the FTS book as well.  I read through the little spiell that they give you and wasn't too convinced.  I then read the FTS bit and thought it sounded so simple and straightforward.  The lure of quick weight loss and no exercise - how can one resist  :D :D :D  Previous to this I had purchased the 17 Day Diet (boy was that complicated) -  needless to say that got sent on its merry way without even a try. I actually think what tipped me over the edge to give it a go was the forum.  As with most people I tried lots of other weight loss plans.  Some with reasonable success but come off it, and it all comes back.  And, because on these plans you have to cut out so many things, all you want is the things you can't have.  I needed a life plan not a quick fix.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 08:44:44 AM »
My motivation to develop FTS was a type 2 Diabetes diagnosis  :-\ 30 days later...Gone! Shocked the heck out of my doctor, he actually thought they had made a mistake at the lab and the vampire took more blood :o :o Came back an even better result  8)

Andrea I think it's soooo cool that you pass on books to people, you're giving them the gift of better health and longer life and they don't even realize it when you put that book into their hands...must make you feel great!

Jen, welcome back to the party...missed you!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
Welcome Itsoversugar! :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly ;)
Andrea my husband.I fought him all the way(by the way when you are smacked with a loaf of cuban bread it can hurt,very dense) :D I am a believer now though. :D

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »
I've been trying to lose weight most of my adult life! I've tried everything & I mean everything! I would lose weight, but then I'd start eating "regularly" again and gain ti all back plus some!!

We started going to a new church and I met Owensmath! I saw pics of her on fb and realized that she had lost a lot of weight and asked her one Sunday how she was doing it and she told me how she saw Doug on the 700 Club, etc. I bought the book, and started the next day!!

After getting past my 2 week withdrawal from carbs & sugar, it's been great!!! I will NEVER going back to eating "regularly" again!!! lol   :D

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »
Health and weight results achieved by daughter TooSweet in just 3 months.  What she did from April to July of 2011 opened my eyes.  She is staying the course and has helped me achieve what I have so far.  I don't thank her often enough for putting me in touch with the FTS lifestyle and forum.  Anyone that is hesitant to start is missing the best opportunity out there to help themselves.  Not only do you feel better physically but also mentally.   
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 08:58:37 AM »
Here's an update on my co-worker:  I dropped the book off at her desk and decided to wait a bit.  She's carrying it around and talking to people.  She's saying that if it worked for me there's no reason it shouldn't work for her.  There's more to the story, of course, but everyone is being really supportive.  Today is donut day at the office so we'll see!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 09:03:22 AM »
 :D :D  You should make the doughnuts out of the FTS Bakery Book next week! Doughnut day ,that just sounds bad! Tell her to just rub them on her butt thats where they will end up :D :D :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 09:10:48 AM »
I could write a dissertation on our Donut day.  I'm tempted to take an anthropology class to have an excuse to study it more.  It is a 30 year tradition, donuts on Fridays.  They added bagels recently as if that was more healthy!  One Friday, the donuts hadn't arrived by 7:30 and it looked like an ant farm, everyone looking aimless. 

I hadn't though to make donuts to bring in but I'll need to do that.  I've actually thought of starting a weekly FTS/Low carb support group.

Last week we had a health fair.  There was a drawing for prizes and I won a consultation with a nurtitionist.  Someone wanted to trade for 4 tickets to a Colorado Rockies game (good corporate seats!) so I get a fun night out!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »
What a great idea! You are a FTS expert! ;)
I haven't been to a baseball game in years! What fun! :)
I am off, have a great weekend.I am packing to get out of the heat :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »
... Last week we had a health fair.  There was a drawing for prizes and I won a consultation with a nutritionist.  Someone wanted to trade for 4 tickets to a Colorado Rockies game (good corporate seats!) so I get a fun night out!

Hi Andrea! :)

You DEFINITELY got the better deal there!
That "consultation" would've likely ended up as a "confrontation".

I worked in an office, and we too had our share of "pastry days", potlucks, etc..
During the Christmas season, they were perpetual.

When food would show up, there would always be a anxious hoard swooping in to devour the offerings.
We had our share of "special people" at that office. ;)
What you do today is what matters!