Author Topic: LOW CARB Pizza Crust  (Read 9024 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
LOW CARB Pizza Crust
« on: May 15, 2012, 05:05:28 PM »
Pizza Crust
Ingredients
   1 cup unblanched almond flour
   1 cup soy protein powder
   1 tablespoon baking powder
   ½ cup shredded parmesan
   3 tablespoons olive oil
   3 eggs beaten
   ¼ cup warm water 
Directions
1.   Preheat oven to 450.
2.   In a large bowl mix almond flour, protein powder, baking powder, and parmesan.
3.   Mix well.
4.   Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil,3 beaten eggs, and ¼ cup warm water.
5.   Mix well.
6.   Grease hands and spread out to a 12x12 square on cookie sheet.
7.   Bake 15 minutes at 450.
8.   Add toppings and bake 10 minutes.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: LOW CARB Pizza Crust
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »
Thanks, Doug!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
Pizza, Pizza  ;D ;D

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »
How you doing Sarah? :)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »
Where do I find soy protein!?! Is it something that my grocery store would have!?!

I'm teaching my kids to cook this summer and they each chose a day of the week! They get to choose what they want to make on their night. Saturday is my oldest (14yo), Roy's night and he wants to make home-made pizza, crust and all! So this is perfect timing!! :-)

Wes, my 12yo cooked tonight and made Doug's shepherd's pie!! That was something in my low-carb recipe binder in the kitchen, but I'd never made it before!!! It was delicious and he was thrilled that he made something that I could eat too!! They're learning!!!  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 09:10:44 AM »
Bobs red mill soy protein powder is everywhere even biglots. Read labels though it should be a zero.I have a french toast recipe in The Fat to skinny Bakery Book that is made entirely with soy protein powder your kids would love.I think its cool your kids are onboard and you are teaching them to cook.Very important that they understand what is in there food.They must be so proud of their Mom ;)

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »
Thanks Umpa! I'll get some today!!! I love trying new things and teaching the kids at the same time is awesome!!!  ;D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »
How you doing Sarah? :)
I just saw this. I'm doing well, thanks, Umpa! Are you busy playing in the kitchen? I'm going to try this pizza crust tonight. Got to decide what to put with it. I'm thinking strawberry crepes. (And you thought I'd be thinking salad, huh!)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 09:06:23 AM »
MommaB the protein powder will make excellent smoothies(shakes) for the kids. If you want i will post a recipe. ;)
I LOVE CREPES SARAH! i would choose crepes over salad! :D
I failed miserably at the tortillas! I think we are just gonna  have to leave this one to the pros  ;)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 10:29:59 AM »
I'm going to try tortillas one more time. Or maybe two more times. If you tell me what you used, I won't waste the same ingredients...

You know how dinners evolve - I cooked steaks instead of pizza when it occurred to me that my friends get regular pizza all the time. To go with the steaks, I cut zucchini and yellow squash in half lengthwise, then sliced them in 1/8 - 3/16 inch slices, then I put them in a sprayed dish, alternating zuch and yellow, then sprinkled bacon bits on them, making sure some bacon got between the slices, then sprinkled grated cheese all over it. Covered the dish and put it in the oven at 350. I cooked it for an hour, which was a bit too much - next time i'll only bake it for 30-45 minutes. Even over-cooked, it was a lovely dish. We had sliced tomatoes, avocados and cucumbers for a salad and a mini-strawberry crepe for dessert. They were just right to top off the dinner.

shawn116

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:17:07 AM »
I've been thinking I'm gonna try my hand at tortillas when I get home....if they can do it we can.  I just know it. 

That sounds really good Sarah  ;)  I love me some squash  ;D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 02:24:35 PM »
I can't believe Umpa gave up on the tortillas. Maybe I'll go play with them now... Will let you know if I have any success!

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »
Please post smoothie ideas for the kids this summer! That would be great and they would love it!!!  ;D

Thanks for the offer, I love it!!!!

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 11:57:28 PM »
Sarah the squash dish sounds great!!! I'll have to try it ty ;) ;)
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 09:11:17 AM »
Soy flour and oatflour Sarah they were bitter.I never quit just get frustrated ;)
The instructions are on the bag mommaB.Just substitute unsweetened almond or coconut milk for the water.You can use sugarfree syrups(I like Hersheys chocolate) or fresh fruit.If its 0 carb its not sweet so you need a syrup or Zero.For grandson I add alittle sugarfree ice cream to make it alittle more like a shake.Great afternoon snack will keep them full till dinner.Wicked healthy! I like to drink a shake after I run that way I am not starving at breakfast and it fills me up so I can shower and get dressed.  ;)