Author Topic: Cream Cheese Pancakes  (Read 45826 times)

shawn116

Re: Cream Cheese Pancakes
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family Moose!!  So glad you came to join us  ;)

millie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »

i was getting a craving.
 just made the cream cheese pancakes with frozen fruit,
 just wonderful thank you for the recipe, question how many carbs.

they were a little hard for me to turn.
 any suggestion.
  thanks again millie  :D :D :D :D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2012, 07:12:48 PM »
I found this recipe online (pinterest):

Cream Cheese Pancakes
2 oz cream cheese - 2 carbs
2 eggs - 1.5 carbs
1 packet stevia sweetener
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)

Put all ingredients in a blender or magic bullet.  Blend until smooth.  Let rest for 2 minutes so the bubbles can settle.  Pour 1/4 of the batter into a hot pan greased with butter or pam spray.  Cook for 2 minutes until golden, flip and cook 1 minute on the other side.  Repeat with the rest of the batter.  Serve with sugar free syrup (or any syrup of your choice) and fresh berries.  A surprisingly satisfying substitute for the real thing.  Tastes like skinny fried cheesecakes!  Even if you aren't watching your carbs these are a delicious departure from the traditional doughy stack of pancakes.  And you won't have the sleepy feeling that usually comes afterwards!
Could be different carb count depending on products used (Neufchâtel). Read your labels for a more accurate count.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 12:35:50 PM »
Hi Millie! :)

If you use a cast iron skillet, you must make sure that it's hot enough.

I test mine by wetting my hand under the faucet and putting a couple of drops of water in it.
If the water spatters and crackles, the pan is ready.

Just don't put in more than a couple of drops!
Otherwise, it could "explode" with hot oil and water!!! :o :o :o
Also, don't let the pan get too hot for the same reasons.

The easier way is to use a good non-stick pan.
I spray a little PAM just so make it extra slippery. ;)
What you do today is what matters!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2012, 08:24:18 PM »

they were a little hard for me to turn.
 any suggestion.
  thanks again millie  :D :D :D :D

Millie, try spraying the spatula with non-stick spray before you try to turn the pancakes and maybe make smaller cakes so the spatula can support most of them when you scoop it up. Also, you might let them cook a few seconds longer so they're more 'done' before you turn them over. That's all I can think of. I'm going to make these when I get through here and have them with a sausage patty. Spicy sausage. Happy thoughts.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2012, 08:28:14 AM »
I got impatient and didn't let my griddle get hot enough so the first batch was hard to turn but the second worked fine.  The moral of the story is that the cooking surface needs to be HOT.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2012, 09:39:20 AM »
Like Tony said"make the water dance on your griddle" Needs to be HOT! ;)  Good Morning Andrea!How are you doing ?

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2012, 10:07:07 AM »
I am doing great.  I love spring and we are smack dab in the middle of it here in Colorado.

SarahC

• View Profile
Ok, peeps, here's the flippin' answer!
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
I had company for dinner tonight and decided to serve these Cream Cheese Pancakes as Dessert Crepes with Strawberries and Whipped Cream. You know how these can be touchy to flip as pancakes - well, I was worried about trying to flip thin crepes so I used a small 'omelet' pan to start with and poured in a little of the batter and swirled it around in the pan, then let it cook for a couple minutes. Then I took a large skillet sprayed with non-stick and flipped the little pan upside down and let the crepe fall into the big pan to cook the second side. Then while that was cooking, I put some butter in the first pan so it would be ready for the next crepe. By the time I got about finished, I figured out how to keep both pans going and working on two crepes at a time. I also used pumpkin pie spice and they had a slight nutmeg flavor.

I made the crepes ahead of time and when we wanted dessert all I had to do was spoon a couple strawberries on one, roll it up and top it with the whipped cream. I put a strawberry on top for garnish. I was going to sprinkle them with cinnamon, but forgot. My company was really impressed anyway. Like they thought it was really hard to make them!!! I made a very small one for myself because of the low-carb-a-thon.

Don't know if i already told you that I put the cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it up before it went into the Magic Bullet and it mixes up much better (faster).

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ok, peeps, here's the flippin' answer!
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2012, 11:27:01 PM »
I had company for dinner tonight and decided to serve these Cream Cheese Pancakes as Dessert Crepes with Strawberries and Whipped Cream. You know how these can be touchy to flip as pancakes - well, I was worried about trying to flip thin crepes so I used a small 'omelet' pan to start with and poured in a little of the batter and swirled it around in the pan, then let it cook for a couple minutes. Then I took a large skillet sprayed with non-stick and flipped the little pan upside down and let the crepe fall into the big pan to cook the second side. Then while that was cooking, I put some butter in the first pan so it would be ready for the next crepe. By the time I got about finished, I figured out how to keep both pans going and working on two crepes at a time. I also used pumpkin pie spice and they had a slight nutmeg flavor.

I made the crepes ahead of time and when we wanted dessert all I had to do was spoon a couple strawberries on one, roll it up and top it with the whipped cream. I put a strawberry on top for garnish. I was going to sprinkle them with cinnamon, but forgot. My company was really impressed anyway. Like they thought it was really hard to make them!!! I made a very small one for myself because of the low-carb-a-thon.

Don't know if i already told you that I put the cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it up before it went into the Magic Bullet and it mixes up much better (faster).

That sounds grrrrrreeeeaaaatttt Sarah ;D ;D :o :o ;D ;D
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »
You put on quite a show Sarah :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 09:40:32 AM »
I did it all ahead of time and just put it together when it went on the table. I was going to heat up the crepes, but didn't. They were fine. Took 5 seconds to finish them up.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »
I like the make ahead idea ;)

Itsoversugar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Cream Cheese Pancakes
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »
I cant wait to try this. Pancakes are my favorite breakfast food. Think I'll try it with the strawberry syrup idea.
It'sOverSugar
263.2/254/150

millie

• View Profile
    • Email
Pancakes mix
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
 hello its  millie,

i found maple grove farms of vermont sugar free
 pancake and waffle mix

carbs   8
 fiber    3