Author Topic: New girl on the block !  (Read 4263 times)

Debbie260

• View Profile
New girl on the block !
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »
Hello everyone !   I am starting FTS today and feel good about it.  I have done LC before so I pretty much know the drill.  I have lost well before on LC but always go back to my old habits (junk food at night and I am addicted to chocolate milk).  Well no more of that crap for me.  Summer is practically here and desperate times call for extreme measures.  This time is going to be the last time for me. I know what the junk food does to me but.....well y'all know how it goes.  That said, now is the time for me to worry about me. I don't want to get diabetes and have arthritis in my knees and ankles. My doctor doesn't lean on me about my weight but I KNOW the extra pounds I am carrying around isn't good PLUS I can't even describe how lovely I look in a bathing suit. LOL !!  Well the party is over and now the new eating plan is getting put into place.  Gotta go clean out my cabinets and get this show on the road.  Y'all have a great day and I will check in later.
Debbie

buford354

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: New girl on the block !
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »
Hello Young Lady,

Here is an idea and you can do it so easily with FTS (Hope you have the booK).
Don't fight the dragon make a friend out of him. You snack at night SOOO, for
now no big deal.  Turn some of the great FTS menu items into smaller (very small)
snack items along with the great ideas Doug and all these fine folks will give
ya and trust me on this,  FTS will be a lifestyle not a diet.

Well best wishes on the journey to slimdom and better health.

Our Very Best to You and Yours,
Buford and the Girls(The Cold Nose Gang)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:54:17 AM »
Welcome, Debbie.  It's great to have you join us.  Your previous low carb experience will help you get started but FTS really is a different approach that makes is sustainable.  You can have a future with FTS and your own experience has shown you that low carb, without the creativity of the replacements that Doug and Umpa have worked to develop and the forum members have posted on the recipe threads, you haven't been able to maintain.

Keep it simple in the beginning, be prepared for the symptoms of sugar withdrawl(detox), drink lots of water and lean on us on the forum as much as you need.  The forum is a great combination of people with lots of opinions, commitment to this lifestyle and broad shoulders to help anyone who asks for assistance.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »
Welcome Debbie! I am Umpa, Dougs wife.If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the homepage called Ask Umpa where i can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Please read the book this is not your normal low carb diet,we like to eat! ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Debbie!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Now that you've made a commitment to FTS, it's time to get started.

The advice given from other FTS family members is solid!
As they've indicated, if you've not already done so, please read Doug's book.
The rules and principles of this FTS are spelled out in it.

Clean your home of high carb junk!
The first couple of weeks during "sugar detox" are the most challenging.
Not having the junk around that made you FAT will make it much easier to get through the detox period.
And once you've detoxed, you'll feel AMAZING and your energy levels will be through the roof!!! :) :) :)
Plus, that high carb junk will no longer tempt you. ;)

If you ever need anything from us, please let us know.
We're here to help you and each other!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Casu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 03:04:43 PM »
Hello fellow Newbie and all,

I too am a newbie and bathing suit is a four letter word at the moment (especially living in the Sunshine State!). I just bought the revised/updated FTS book last night and spendt my lunch break reading page after page - I am looking forward to the forums support as I plan to clean out the pantry and make my way over to Publix tonight  ;)

Bikini Bound!!

Casu

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Welcome, Casu.

Good luck with the pantry tonight and come back to visit us often.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 04:58:33 PM »
Hello Debbie and Casu!!  Welcome to the FTS forum!  So glad to have you both here!  You will LOVE this lifestyle.  This is the only thing that has ever worked for me, and I plan to eat this way the rest of my life.   Be sure to check our the recipe exchange.....yummy stuff there!!   Hang on for 2 weeks and you will be on your way!  ;D

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
Hi Debbie and Casu ~
I am kinda new here also but I can't tell you how helpful this forum is :)  Something that I do which is also helpful is hang my bathing suit that I want to wear and look good in on the back of the bathroom door where I have to see it everyday.  Very motivating  ;D

Elizabeth779

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 06:19:46 AM »
hi deb, casu, and kim p -- AND to the other posters.

Deb, you sound like a woman with a mission (handing you garbage bags to kick that sugar to the curb).  I am new to FTS also, but already I'm learning it's different than other lc plans, and I have noticed this website is different too.  Welcome -- and keep talking -- it helps to whine and ask for handholding in the beginning (I felt better for whining and attracted some great advice and support in the process).  I've heard we'll feel better physically after detoxing and it will be worth it.  I was reading the book at work also -- and then passed it to a gal at work i thought might be interested -- she's going to check out this website also....

best wishes! ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:31 AM »
Welcome Casu! I am Umpa, Dougs wife. :) What a interesting name.I also am in Florida! I have a column on the homepage called Ask Umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to Fat to Skinny friendly.If I can help you please ask ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 12:04:16 PM »
Welcome to the family, Casu!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You're gonna love FTS!... It is SO different from all other LC plans.
And this forum is likely the MOST supportive of any on the planet!... You'll love it here! ;D

FTS works so well because we replace the "bad" stuff with good, healthy, LC replacements.
And after detox, the replacements will taste 1000% better than their high carb counterparts.
And the high sugar/carb foods you enjoy now, won't taste very good at all! 8)

I'm looking forward to hearing about your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Snobles

• Eat to live, not live to eat!
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanics Wife
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 06:39:50 AM »
Hi Debbie! And welcome to the family! It's not a "forum" it's a family! I have to tell you! First, I am not a diabetic in anyway! I started off reluctant! Big Time! My husband and two kids are/were, diabetics! And I was the only one who wasn't! I started out at 240, you know how "the voices" talk to you and tell you, you're not that big! And yet, I was still eating the same 'ole way! Husband is the "enforcer!" I was in denial, even going as far as makeing two dinners, eating infront of the kids! Until my conscience got ahold of me! I would say, I'm not diabetic, I can eat it! Until I started feeling guilty and caved in! Husband went from 345 to 260! I went from 240 to 195! And can actually fit in a size 12! From a size 22! And it feels great! My two boys! My 17yr. old went from 315 to 305! My 16yr. old went from a size 48 jeans all the way down to a size 42! We are all so proud of our accomplishments! But we aren't done yet! My 16yr. old has learning problems, and they are actually teaching him to "make the right choices" in school! He'll ask at the house if it's sugar free or not! Or if he can have it or not! We are so proud of how far he has come! Sorry for blabbing! (I've had coffee!!)But stick with it! You will amaze yourself! Good luck!  ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 07:39:29 AM »
Hello Debbie and Casu welcome to the family :) Don't worry girls the bathing suits will look great on you. Deb, the key to not going back to your old ways is replacing your high carb junk foods with FTS friendly foods....lots of sweets and snacks recipes available to you here and in the other books.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 09:00:46 AM »
Hubby is down 85 pounds! WOW Steph!! :o