Author Topic: Eggs Smothered And Covered in a Jicama Basket with Turkey Bacon and Crispbread  (Read 17455 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Here ya go Big tex!

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Here ya go Big tex!

WOW they look so much like hashbrowns  ;D Makin me hungry just lookin at them I think I may have to do this SOON.... TY Umpa
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Emmitt

• View Profile
Hi Doug!  I have never heard of jicama.  I will check and see if there's one in the stores.  Since I am single - living alone.  I would prefer scramble egg instead of white egg.  Can I choose 2 (scrambled) eggs and 2 or 3 turkey bacon?  There's not any bran crispbread in stores at all.  I guess I would have to order them through online.  Thanks for this recipe.  I will try that.

Eggs Smothered And Covered in a Jicama Basket with Turkey Bacon and Crispbread

Serves 2

INGREDIENTS
1 medium jicama
4 eggs
6-8 slices turkey bacon
2-4 slices gg bran crispbread
2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter
salt & pepper

In a medium skillet fry your turkey bacon in butter until done to your likeness, then set aside

Julianne your Jicama and pan fry in butter on medium heat until golden brown.

Separate Jicama into two separate “baskets” and drop two eggs into each basket. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook eggs until the whites and the top of the yolk turn “opaque” I like to use a glass cover on my skillet so I can keep an eye on things. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese on top, cover and turn off heat. While cheese melts arrange your bacon and GG Bran Crispbread on plates. Gently scoop out baskets and plate.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
You can tailor the recipes to your own taste ;)

o0OSusieO0o

My daughter loves diced jicama in salads! Bet she'd love it fried.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
 I like it grilled and in coleslaw too. i also fry it like home fries and make potatoe salad with it ;) The recipes are on the homepage.

o0OSusieO0o

Thank you so much Umpa!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
You are welcome Susie ;)

o0OSusieO0o

Mary will like the jicama fresh, sauteed or grilled. Maybe home fries too, not sure.
She doesn't care for potato salad or coleslaw.

o0OSusieO0o

This looks great! I could not cook it for Mary though, she does not like the taste of eggs. I could fry some ham, diced bell pepper, onions, mushrooms and jicama and she'll devour it.