Author Topic: Seriously, must follow the book for variety  (Read 2632 times)

linda55

• MSN Messenger - lewoods55@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Seriously, must follow the book for variety
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:26:34 PM »
Hello all.  Have any of you out there got a job like mine where you work seven days a week?  Sometimes I realize that I need to open up Doug's book to get some recipe's or some kind of menu plan.  Because if I don't, I wind up eating chicken salad nearly everyday...and frankly, I'm getting tired of the taste. 

I got some pork rinds.....they really satisfy that crunch I want in a potato chip or cracker.  I'm going to try the crab cakes using some of them tomorrow.  Let me know how you're all doing with variety on this plan...and share a menu or three with me.  I appreciate you all.  Truly.  Stay strong.

Linda
Linda

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: Seriously, must follow the book for variety
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »
Hi Linda,

I love frying chicken crusted with pork rind crumbs - works in the oven, can make chicken cordon bleu, parmesan crusted chicken... mine the forum for recipes - there are some excellent ones here. I made Doug's Savory Italian Sausage Stew yesterday. Yummy! Also try the Turnips Gratin. Really, there are too many wonderful recipes here to list everything. When you take time to cook, you can make many things at once and have them throughout the week.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:25:25 PM »
One of my favorite dinners lately is blackened talapia and mashed cauliflower.  They are so yummy together.  I just buy the generic blackening seasoning at kroger, coat the fish with it, and cook it in a little butter.  So easy and delicious too.    I also am on a kick eating the philly cheese steak sandwiches.  I just cook up some chopped onions, peppers, and deli roast beef, top it with some cheese and eat it in a low carb tortilla.  Pork rinds make great chips too!   ;D

My favorite dessert is cheesecake!  The chocolate one used to be my #1 until I discovered the berrylicious cheesecake last week.  Oh my goodness!!  It is SO good with strawberries on top!  ;)

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »
one of my favorites is the caulimash.  Both me and my husband LOVE it!!!  I also have made the zuccini alfredo that is very good, Have both of these once a week.  I am not a professional buy I am hanging in there.  Feel great on FTS

joagain

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 07:54:54 AM »
Jan the fish cooked with butter is my fav right now too I have not tried the blackened stuff I just fry it in the butter till it is crispy . I love cauliflower just about anyway you cook it I like to make it into rice when I cook the fish . also try this linda55 it is very good

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=1883.msg16564

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:30:51 AM »
Linda click the homepage and you will find boards with all the variety you want ;) You are not being punished :D If you can't find what you want go to ask umpa :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »
Hi Linda, the freezer is your friend! I rotate lots of different food this way.. Pre-prepared serving sizes of meats, poultry and seafood are simple to do. Even TV dinners and small casseroles. I talk about these methods in the book. When I want dinner many times I open the freezer and pull out a pre-made lasagna or macafoney and cheese, maybe a bag of stir fry meat...you get the picture. Last night I cooked a corned beef with turnips and cabbage, this morning I'm having hash and eggs. Using the ingredients in different ways is also a good way to increase variety. You're chicken for example could have been chopped up and a small amount used for chicken salad. The rest of it could have been used in different recipes. Another method is how you buy your protein, for example when I buy turkey I buy the parts separately so I don't get "turkey'd out". I simply roast a couple drumsticks and wings or smoke a breast.   ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)