Author Topic: Comparison  (Read 3352 times)

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
Comparison
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:30:31 PM »
Is Chrystal Light better for you than Diet Coke.  My weight loss has been s l o w  :'(  I am going to try and do with out diet coke this week.  I have replaced it with Chrystal Light ice tea.  Is this a good idea or am I just trading one bad thing for another and end up having the same s l o w results on the scale?

SarahC

• View Profile
Re: Comparison
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:47:19 PM »
Barb, someone else will chime in here who knows more about it than I do, but I'm finding that any sweeteners really slow my weight loss down. I've been trying to stay off of them altogether - but have had special dinners a lot this week and even though I'm eating FTS sweets, I think my weight drop stopped. I gave up pop and switched to coffee, then was drinking too much coffee. I'm beginning to believe that the only way the pounds are going to come off for me is to get right to the basics, protein, fat and 10 carbs or less. I'm still fumbling around and even though my ticker says only a couple pounds, I've actually lost about 25. I just set it at 0 after I hit a long stall and have to start over. Then when I see the ticker I'm not tempted to think I've lost a lot and not try hard.

joagain

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
I don't know how others feel ,but I think some folks are just slow losers as myself , I find that if I drink a lot of drinks it makes me want chips & crappy food . I don't think it slows weight loss but I could be wrong . I never drink more then 2 (except when I had my tooth pulled )

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 09:45:57 PM »
I had to switch to straight water for the most part. I have 1 coffee and 1 soda but the rest is plain water. Otherwise I had cravings too badly. Have you tried maybe something like green tea or some fruity rooibus tea that doesn't have the artificial sweeteners? I did that to transition and some days I drink a lot of my Berry Dreams rooibus tea and that really is flavorful without the sweetener. I'm a slow loser too so I'm just trying to do anything I can to help.

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 09:46:26 PM »
But I'm a newbie so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Lol

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I don't drink coffee, so if giveing up the diet soda doesn't help, I may just be drinking water!  and that's mostly what I drink, but I drink hot tea in the morning (no sweetner) and water all day and in the evening is when I want something else, that is when I would normally drink diet cokes, but this week it is crystal light.  we'll see how it works.  I do continue to feel better, but would really like the scale to move a little quicker!!!

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:47:50 PM »
Me, too. I do everything I possibly can to speed it up and when it doesn't work, I get very frustrated. I'm trying to not do that any more.

joagain

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 06:04:58 AM »
It might be because we are old ladies  ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »
How about taking "disappointing" results on the scale as a challenge?  Once you know that FTS is the way to better health and a slimmer body, what the scale says is merely information.  Yippee if it goes down.  It definitely feels good but, if it stays the same or goes up a bit, that is a reminder that this is not a sprint, it's a lifetime.  Enjoy the ride!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 09:20:12 AM »
It all just depends on the person. Some peeps, like me drink diet pepsi all day and it doesn't bother my weight lose. Some people have one and it stops it completely. You just gotta find out what works for you and go for it.

As for scales, I'm going to replace mine with this one!

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 09:49:14 AM »
Love it, Sherri!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:49 AM »
I want one Sherripie!! :D :D
If you are having problems post your meal plans.I agree with sherripie everybody is different. ;)

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 07:32:16 PM »
Thanks, just guess, I am a little impatient.  I'm sure I put this weight on overnight ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 08:32:39 AM »
Take your measurements Barb. Men lose pounds quicker and women lose inches quicker ;)