Author Topic: TOM cravings  (Read 6853 times)

NewMe11

• View Profile
TOM cravings
« on: March 05, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »
So I was at the grocery store yesterday and ended up in the candy aisle (I think I have GPS for it during this time of month!). I'm looking at the candy and see the sugar free Reese's. Now I love the Atkins peanut butter cups but they didn't have them so I thought, why not? Let me tell you...I love them!!! 1 net carb in 5 of those minis. So I split the serving up. I had 2 when I got home and the rest of my serving after dinner. I felt like I was cheating on a diet but the best part was...no guilt!!!

shawn116

Re: TOM cravings
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 09:03:42 AM »
Be careful of those NewMe  ::)  They spike my blood sugar....they may cause you to stall out  :(  It may not for you though...just watch close  ;)   

PS  they are so good!!!  LOL

rlbayne

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »
I can't eat the candy with the sugar alcohols-- gives me tummy issues.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:55:26 PM »
They're a great treat and much better than resorting to the real thing.  They didn't spike my blood sugar but they definitely slowed my weight loss.  I'm glad you found an outlet.

Forewarned is forearmed.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »
I can't eat the candy with the sugar alcohols-- gives me tummy issues.
Me, too, rl. But I'm finding that it's pretty easy to live without them thanks to Umpa bailing us out with her Bakery Book.

NewMe11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 02:31:11 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm not a big sweets person any other time, usually a diet soda will cure it-but during that tom its another story. Lol!

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »
T.O.M. is here. I am miserable! Getting this thing on a regular basis is a GOOD thing, right? Gah... one plus about being heavier, the T.O.M. was much less frequent. This is a downside I can live with though!  :)
Anyway...I decided to treat myself. I got a two liter of diet rootbeer. I am considering freezing some reddi-whip dollops and making a rootbeer float FTS style. Bad idea?

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »
...I decided to treat myself. I got a two liter of diet rootbeer. I am considering freezing some reddi-whip dollops and making a rootbeer float FTS style. Bad idea?
 Yumm!   :D  Hope you feel better soon  ;)

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:03:04 AM »
You can get the root beer float flavor by adding a dollop of heavy cream to cold diet root beer.  Root beer floats are my favorite treat and it's great to have a substitute.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 09:06:44 AM »
You could also make a half of recipe of the vanilla ice cream in the Fat to Skinny Bakery book if you want the real thing.If you don't have the book let me know and I will post the recipe ;)