Author Topic: Almond Flour crackers  (Read 11585 times)

joagain

Almond Flour crackers
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:14:52 AM »
1 cup A F
1egg white
1T water
1/8t salt (I wished I had put more )
Bake at 325 8-10 min. Watch them though
Mix all together put a sheet of parchment paper on cookie sheet then press dough down with another peice of parchement paper . Press as flat as possible . I had to take the ones around the edge out as the crisped up . If you get to dark it is burnt NUTS and they dont taste good .
 I have a another one I will try and put on later after I try it  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Almond Flour crackers
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »
looks good Jo ;)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »
I need to make some crackers...hmmmm I wonder if they would come out of a cookie press???  What do you girls think??   ::)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
Sounds good, Jo! :)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 05:44:14 PM »
Bet your gonna find out huh toosweet??? :D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
I don't know enough about the crackers or your cookie press to express an opinion, TooSweet. Let us know how it works!

shawn116

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 11:34:17 PM »
Bet your gonna find out huh toosweet???

LOL  Umpa you know me to well I think  ;D ;D  I'm gonna try it this weekend.  I'll let yall know how it turns out.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 08:56:20 AM »
Please do,i love playing with my cookie gun :D

shawn116

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 10:06:37 AM »
Hi friends  ;D

Jo your recipe rocks!!  I've been really wanting something crunchy other than just nuts and pork rinds.  Thanks so much for sharing  :) :)

I decided to play in the kitchen today instead of waiting until the weekend.  It was so easy to make these using the cookie press!!  Suz and I made a mock wheat thin recipe that is very similar to this one back when we were prepairing to go on a trip.  I really thought I had posted the recipe but can't find it  :-\  Anyway they came out really good.  We had them with chicken salad on the flight.   I've had in the back of my mind that the cookie press would work to make it less messy to make.  It took me 5 minutes to mix and press on a cookie sheet.  I did mash each one down even thinner with my fingers though.  I may not have gotten as many as before but they came out uniform and very delish.  So if you have a press by all means try it.  Otherwise rolling them is easy peasy too  ;D ;D

Here is the recipe that Suz and I used: Gotta give her credit  ;)
http://www.healthylivinghowto.com/1/post/2011/9/polly-want-a-cracker.html
This is her recipe that I followed except I put mine through the cookie gun instead of the parchment paper I also increased my almond flour to 1 cup just because that is what I had left on hand   ;)
Almond Thins
Makes 3 Dozen

Ingredients:
3/4 c. Almond Flour
1 Egg White
1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/8 tsp. Onion Powder
3/8 tsp. Salt

Directions:
Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl. In between two pieces of parchment paper (lightly spray with nonstick spray) roll out dough until about 1/8 inch thick. Score with a pizza cutter into squares. Bake at 325º for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.

If they last long enough they stay crisp and store great in a air tight container.  ;)  yummy  guess what is for lunch today...LOL

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:48:45 PM by TooSweet »

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »
Thanks, TooSweet!

joagain

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »
I thought when I tasted mine that if they had a little more salt they would be like a wheat thin . That is about the same recipe I just didnt add the  seasonings . I enjoyed mine with my chicken salad too . cant eat them like I want to though my tooth being pulled is giving me trouble & I have to go get 2 more pulled Monday I am going to be on a chocolate PB milkshake & mashed cauliflower FTS for the next 2 weeks  :(

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 11:23:51 AM »
Hugs, JO! I'm sorry about the teeth! Ugh!

shawn116

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 12:44:53 PM »
I thought when I tasted mine that if they had a little more salt they would be like a wheat thin . That is about the same recipe I just didn't add the  seasonings .

Yep it sure is Jo...LOL  That is why I posted this with it.....You're genius girl!!!   ;D  I think you could play with the seasonings a bit and change it up for sure.  Suz and I had made these and the flax crackers that are in the forum.  We all agreed that these were our favorite of the two.

Jo I wish you luck and speedy healing with the tooth pulling.  I feel for ya there girl.  I went through that a few years back and I don't have very fond memories.  :P :P   The one good thing about the mouth is that it is one of the fastest places on the body to heal.  My doc told me if you gently swish warm salt water (Gently...you don't want to disturb the clotting)  it will help speed the healing process  ;)  seemed to work pretty good for me.  Hugz!!!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 01:28:40 PM »
Owwwww, Jo.  Sorry to hear about the pain(s) you are going thru.  Okay, TooSweet, breaking out the cookie gun tomorrow.  I would do it today but am pressed for time..poooh  :D
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 03:26:05 PM »
Oh no!.... Two more extractions! :o :o :o :o

The last time I had multiple teeth pulled at once was when I was a sophomore in college.
The dentist/oral surgeon decided ALL four of my wisdom teeth needed to come out and said it would be better to just get it over with at one time.
I remember all the shakes and ice cream... Almost got tired of 'em.

I'm praying for you Jo.
What you do today is what matters!