Author Topic: my first full day of FTS  (Read 3743 times)

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
my first full day of FTS
« on: January 29, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »
I was able to go all day without any carb from bread, pototoes, or pasta.  I had for dinner spare ribs and saurkraut and for dessert s/f jello with reddi whip.  Can I use s/f cool whip in place of reddi whip?  it cost a lot less.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: my first full day of FTS
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 08:59:36 PM »
Hi Barb! :)

Congrats on your day!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've found that heavy whipped cream in a can is lower in carbs than Cool Whip.

If you really want to save some money, buy heavy whipping cream in the carton and mix it with a hand mixer until it peaks.

Most chain stores have house brand heavy whipping cream that is cheaper than brand names.
I use Krogers store brand in the carton and Land O' Lakes brand in the can.
The both are 0 carb! ;)

What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:12:01 PM »
Congrats on your day, Barb!

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement!  I feel strong with the help of my new family.  If I can lick this sugar addition, I will be forever grateful.  Feel a little headache  :(

shawn116

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 10:22:48 PM »
Congrats on your day Barb.... you know the headache may be from detox.   Those things will pass.  I think I felt icky for just a couple of days.  You are doing great!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:04:27 AM »
Good job Barb! i make my own whipped cream because we have zero self control with the cans and where I live its $5 a can :)

vdilley

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
Hi Barb!  I'm new to FTS also so I'm glad someone else is just starting out.  I'm trying to do this and help my son who's 15 do this too.  My husband and younger son...not so much! Let's give each other encouragement!  I've made two dozen deviled eggs and salami/cream cheese roll ups for my son in place of potato chips and cookies.  I'm eating diet jello with reddi whip everytime I feel a chocolate urge come on!  These first few days I think will be the toughest!  I hope you do great! 
Sugar doesn't taste as good as being thin feels :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 09:54:48 AM »
Peanut butter is a quick cure for cravings  ;) Just check nutritional label.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »
Hi vdilley! :)

Once you get past detox, cravings for carby stuff will subside.
That's just part of the metabolic "gear shift" our bodies go through when starting FTS.

You'll know when you're past it... One day you'll see your energy levels go through the roof and cravings will disappear!

And KUDOS to you for being such a great mom and giving your son a healthy alternative to junk.
That's one of the reasons FTS is so cool... We replace things. Not deprive ourselves.
Check out the recipe section of this forum for some wonderful cookie and dessert recipes.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Barb sugarfree!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
Hi Barb!  I'm new to FTS also so I'm glad someone else is just starting out.  I'm trying to do this and help my son who's 15 do this too.  My husband and younger son...not so much! Let's give each other encouragement!  I've made two dozen deviled eggs and salami/cream cheese roll ups for my son in place of potato chips and cookies.  I'm eating diet jello with reddi whip everytime I feel a chocolate urge come on!  These first few days I think will be the toughest!  I hope you do great! 

hope all is going well with you on the fts.  I am still sugarfree after 4 days  I really want to kick the sugar and carb habit!

froglvr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 10:57:08 PM »
Welcome to the group! :)