Author Topic: Worried need your prayers  (Read 3012 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
Worried need your prayers
« on: December 23, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
I have not been dieting for the last month or so, not following the fts diet lately, and I went for the dreaded check up today at my doctor today. When I told her how I have lost and gained lost and gained, she tried to talk me into a lapband surgery. I told her NO. I just cannot do that, too afraid.
Than she did an ekg and was not  happy with it, so she has me going next Friday to get a monitor put on my heart for 24 hours.  They took a bunch of blood and I will see her again when all results are back in. She would not really explain what was bad in the ekg, said she'd wait till more tests results are in.  Oh my blood pressure was  really high too so she increased my bp pill oh and did I mention I gained 2 pounds since I saw her a year ago :'( :'( :'(
Needless to say I am so upset. I need all the prayers you all can send my way.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

joagain

Re: Worried need your prayers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 06:10:39 AM »
KFaith I wiil for sure keep you in my prayers all this weight on us has done damamge to our bodies that is for sure . I do feel like eating FTS if you stick with it will improve so many problems . Hope everything is fine with your test and you can get serious about getting started on FTS . I know it is hard when your family is not on it too thats how it is here it is not like we can just clean out the house of every bad food ,so we have to be super strong.
I like you am scared of any surgery .
I will pray for you Kfaith ,this losing weight has been a struggle for me all my life and it does not come so easy for some as it does for others . Just as you see on this forum we all lose at different paces I think Tony said it takes time to repair the damage we have done . Plus If we dont stick to it 100 % it will not work 100% . I have fallen some in  my year on FTS ,but I will never give up it is a struggle everyday . One thing that I wish Dougs book maybe the new one does is what happens on the inside other then weight loss that is so very important some will never lose 30 pounds in 30 days . Thank God that I stuck around after 30 days when I didnt lose 30 pounds ,I usually say well I cant lose like everyone else . BUt I stayed and got all the other great stuff from eating this way maybe not a lot of weight loss  & I do need to lose alot more weight ,but there is a list of great things that have happen inside me I know that I am healthier & Tyler is too .Years of abuse to our bodies  will takes years to repair also .

KFaith I hope you & your family have a wonderful Christams & I will say a Prayer for you !!!!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:06:56 AM »
I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and I hope the ekg was simply a blip. My prayers for you will be for strength. Strength to start FTS this morning and stick to it. The truth is Rosy you and only you can resolve these health issues. You're killing yourself with sugar. You know what to do. C'mon Rosy it's only food, are you really going to allow yourself to be taken away from your family...your life over a can of coke and an order of french fries? Everyone who succeeds on this lifestyle change including myself does so by realizing FAT TO SKINNY is NOT A DIET. You MUST change your lifestyle Rosy, I suggest you clean out the pantry, cabinets and fridge today and donate all that junk to the food bank.

It will be a real shame if you allow food to beat you  >:(
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »
You will be in my prayers Rosie.I also hope that you will pray for strength to get control of your health.I am always here for you. :)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 11:29:17 AM »
Hey Sweet Rosie!  I will definitely continue to pray for you everyday.  I still have your name on a yellow sticky note on my bulletin board at the office to remember you everyday.  We are always here to support you, love you, and pray for you.  As for fts, I truly believe that YOU can do this.   I know the doctor's visit was scary, but I am praying that it will be nothing or maybe just a warning to help motivate you.  ;)   I sure hope you can relax and enjoy Christmas and enjoy spending time with all your family during the holidays.   Hang in there my friend. 

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 12:07:33 PM »
Hello Rosie,

As always, you're in my prayers.
But Doug is right on... You MUST take control over your food.

You know that the Lord will provide you with all the strength you need.
Meet Him halfway, and He will carry you the rest of the way.
But the the first half is strictly up to you.
What you do today is what matters!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 06:19:13 PM »
I love all you guys, you are so wonderful and encouraging !!!!
I feel better today.  I did take the trash can and threw out tons of sugary stuff yesterday and the rest I gave away. That was hard to do too, but I was desperate.
I have always been very sensitive to sweets and to caffenine, they gives me shakes, makes my heart speed up etc,.... so I really have got to stop and stop now.
Today we met family for dinner and all I ate was salad and chicken and drank water.
I let hubby know, it was over, no more not ever and not even for Christmas or I tell ya the way I have been feeling I did not know if I would live through Christmas if I do not stop the sugars and the pop and junk.
Hubby got a little annoyed when I threw the stuff away but he knows how desperately we both  need to get a grip.
Than I was looking over the grocery receipt from yesterday I saw peanut brittle, sure enough hubby bought him peanut butter and hid it in garage.... and he is diabetic and he has already had 3 by pass...
what to do?
So thanks all for your comments, and I am not giving up. Keep the prayer going up.
Merry Christmas to you all.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 08:09:59 AM »
Good for you Rosie!! Take control,when he doesn't have to take insulin or metformin anymore he will thank you.Two weeks to detox and you will both feel like a million bucks!!Prove your doctor wrong and cure yourself.I am always here for you,your hand in mine! ;D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 08:12:06 AM »
That's our girl! Suck it up and get tough. Two weeks from now you won't even miss sweets. As far as hubby goes... Keep throwing stuff away as he buys it, keep cooking and buying only FTS lifestyle foods and beverages, keep talking to him. Stay Strong Rosy, you're saving your family!

Has he read the book yet? If not ask him too.  We're here for you Rosy, don't wimp out on us  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 07:18:01 AM »
Hi Rosie,

I understand your struggles.. I have let the holidays and parties get the better of me.. Not 100% but a good 10% and that is too high... I had a breakdown and told my husband that it has to be a certain way, NO SPLIT HOUSE... He just got his blood work back and he is prediabetic now.. The Dr told him him that he needs to lose weight.. He isnt overweight all around but he does have a belly on him and that is not good for a 47 yr old or anyone for that matter.. I too cleaned out the pantry.. I just received my order or NOW Xylitol and Im stocking up on all the F2S friendly food.. I know that I have to put even more into it for everyone in my home to follow along but Im guessing God sees a warrior in me and that I can handle it.. Since I do the shopping, they will have to do with what is in the house... I cant control them 24/7 but I surely can control my house... I will not blame anyone but myself for my flaws..The great thing that I do have going for myself is that I finished school and will not be taking anymore classes for a while.. My legal issues with my ex are over with and thank GOD the holidays are done.. So I only have a couple of big issues going on but OMG I feel so much stress lifted off of me with those 2 issues done...

I CAN DO THIS!!!! 
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 08:34:55 AM »
We got your back Alex ;)

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 11:31:32 AM »
You are so right Marty!!  LOL  I can't figure out why though.... it's not like we eat stuff that doesn't taste like food... :-\  Most of the time I am just omitting something that is high in carbs or adding something a bit different.  Sure enough if I point it out no one touches it  ??? ???  I don't say anything anymore unless it has sugar alcohol in it and they need to go easy   ;D 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 09:03:56 AM »
We just cook.No conversation about the food and never any leftovers. :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
Hi Alex! :)

Now your hubby has more than enough reason to commit to the FTS lifestyle... Diabetes is deadly.
Both of you are in my prayers.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!